It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

here is the little treasure I found on Star Island, Nova Scotia.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It all happened last year, after convincing my wife that a trip to Nova Scotia would be fun and not too expensive for our last 2 weeks vacation of summer. After digging up some stuff I knew she would love to see, I finally convinced her. But I had an agenda of my own...

3 months before we left for Nova Scotia, I had been quite intrigued by a mystery called the Oak Island money pit in Nova Scotia. Of course I did not tell my wife about the money pit and the boat tour around the Islands of Nova Scotia that was already booked before she even said yes.

So we visited Oak Island...(This will be the subject of a future thread)

We eventually reached the small Star Island. And there I found it! Between 2 small rocks. I only saw it because the sun was extremely shiny on this little piece of Gold.

The front side looks like some sort of maze

The back side has what looks to be Arabic writings.

Obviously, this could just belong to an Arab tourist that lost it somehow, even if there is nothing to see on the island and it is very small.

But then I read this and my imagination just went on Indiana Jones mode :

Just before his death on the gallows in England, Captain Kidd said, "After my death, you may find treasure I have buried in a place where two tides meet." There are descendants of old pirates today living in Nova Scotia who point to the Bay of Fundy and say, "This is where the two tides meet, and where Captain Kidd hid his treasure. Annapolis Royal, formerly Port Royal, was the first settlement on the North American continent. Fort Anne has seen many a battle between the French, English and Indians. Treasures of antiquity abound in this area. There is a tradition that a year after Captain Kidd had been taken to England on charges of piracy and hanged in 1701, some of his old pirate crew appeared off old Port Royal - modern-day Annapolis - searching for treasure they swore he had buried in that region on an island in the wide Bay of Fundy. Despite their exhaustive search, they did not find it. Legends say that Captain Kidd buried gold contained in wooden trunks, leather bags, kegs and canvas sacks on an island which lies 4 miles off the shores of County Yarmouth in the southeastern end of the Bay of Fundy. The spot is marked by a cleft rock in which is driven sticks of lignum vitae, a very hard and heavy wood similar to ebony or teak.. Star Island, off the southern shores of Nova Scotia, is known to have been frequented by American pirates and privateers in the late 17th and 18th centuries.

If someone could translate what is written on it I would greatly appreciate it!
edit on 4-3-2013 by allbab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by allbab

if it were old would it not be weathered?

just wondering

and the writing looks to be pressed, im not a professional or anything but it looks a little to perfect to be hand made from early times.
edit on 4-3-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I also think it would be in bad condition if it was old.

And for the writting, i was thinking the same. I don't know how someone could have done such precise writtings on gold other than pressed.

Hope we can find what it says!
edit on 4-3-2013 by allbab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by allbab

The front side looks like some sort of maze

The front side is not a maze, but a form of Arabic calligraphy.

Look up "Kufic calligraphy".... because thats what it looks like to me.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by allbab

Explanation: S&F!

For our viewing pleasure ...

Personal Disclosure: Very interesting!

I also would love to see a translation of what is inscribed on the pendant!

Can you please detail what size you estimated it to be as there is nothing to compare it with size wise in the pictures embedded in the OP?

edit on 4-3-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

It is small. Give me a minute I will take a another picture.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Sorry the picture is huge.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Sorry I'm not at my regulor computer to do a image search
Any body out there can

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by allbab

You better write that new thread because if your not, I'm going to (grin). I remember back in grade school.. probably around 4th grade the social studies or history book had a chapter on Oak Island. That was over 35 years ago. I have been fascinated by it and it's treasure since.

After reading your thread I started looking at current reports of the story and its odd but it seems the story has changed many times. Different names of the supposed pirates who made the treasure hole thats so impossible to get to due to the tides, different people at different times rediscovering this place etc.

There is certainly enough information to write a long thread about Oak Island and enough discrepancies to formulate a real conspiracy.
edit on 4-3-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I might be wrong but, I think the pendant has verses from the Quran written in arabic calligraphy on one side and regular arabic on the other.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by allbab

Explanation: St*rred!

I deeply appreciate the efforts you have gone to provide us these pictures!

Here is that same picture resized for our veiwing pleasure ...

Personal Disclosure: I find it truely amazing that you were able to see this pendant, considering its small size, where you saw it and under the circumstances you found it! Truly extraordinary!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I can see how your imagination would be fired by your find and the legends of Oak Island possible relationship to Captain Kidd. As someone has said they are amazed you were able to see this. Personally I think it was meant for you to find. I have a friend who found a perfect colorful arrowhead on a busy pathway in a state park, thousands had marched right over it, but waited for her.

Sorry I cannot interpret the writing, I agree with the other posters it is Arabic.

Just want to thank OL for all his help with your pictures, is in the finest ATS tradition.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It might be nothing, but it's still intriguing none the less.

Maybe you should try to find out how old it actually is, it doesn't look really old at first by judging from the metal's condition but it could also be an alloy that doesn't corrode.
edit on 4-3-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
anyone translated that Arabic?, i know we have few middle east members(altho not everyone knows Arabic).

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Dude It says Allah on the first picture, and at the top it says Allahu Akbar. I can read some Arabic so I do know what it is. I think it's a verse of the Quran written on one side and the other side is describing Allah, Ie top that he's great. Take it to a muslim that can read arabic, he should be able to translate it very accurate. I believe it says in the beginning of the second page, the first line is bismillahi rahmani rahim, meaning in the name of Allah, the merciful.

So yes it's definitely something that belongs to a muslim unless it's an amulet that was made for sorcery and it disgraces islam. I'd recommend you take it to the local mosque and let the Imam read it, he should be able to read it perfectly. In fact anyone that knows arabic should be able to read it.

But I'm definitely sure that on one side it says Allah in the middle, then Allahu Akbar (God is the Greatest) in the top.

See the similarity? Look at the name of Allah in arabic on this picture. It's in the middle of your pendant.

Then look at Allahu Akbar on this one; It's at the top of your pendant, in the side where it also says Allah.

edit on 4-3-2013 by Misbah because: (no reason given)

It's arabic caligraphy, since I'm not arabic and I can't read it so good, I can't figure out what the whole thing means together. But I can see that at the bottom is says Muhammad. So what I think it is, is that the Shahada is written on that side. The Shahada is;

The shahada (Arabic: الشهادة‎ aš-šahādah audio (help·info)) (from the verb شهد šahida, "he witnessed"), means "to know and believe without suspicion, as if witnessed, testification"; it is the name of the Islamic creed. The shahada is the Muslim declaration of belief in the oneness of God (tawhid) and acceptance of Muhammad as God's prophet. The declaration in its shortest form reads: لَا إِلَّهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله (lā ʾilāha ʾillā l-Lāh, Muḥammadun rasūlu l-Lāh) (in Arabic) There is no god but God, Muhammad is the messenger of God. (in English)

I studied the picture a bit closer and I can see that it says La Ilaha Ila Allah around the pendant and Allah in the middle, Allahu Akbar at the top and Muhammad at the bottom. So it would be La Ilaha Ila Allah Muhammad Rasolo Allah, Meaning there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.

So Allah in the middle, Allahu Akbar at the top and Right Side with Bottom and Left side says the Shahada, Meaning the testimony of faith in Islam. La Ilaha Ila Allah Muhammad Rasolo Allah.

But I can't read the other side of the pendant. It's not clear enough to be read by an amateure like me.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I can't really see what it says on the other side, the picture is not clear. If you can shed some light on it and take a picture like the other one, Maybe I can try to read it.

I bet if you go to the same place today, And ask the local mosque if someone dropped that pendant you'd probably find the owner pretty quickly. You might want to go to the mosque on Friday because they all gather at the mosuqe for prayer around mid-day depending on location.

I wonder if it's Allah trying to guide you to Islam, Because Allah only guides whom he likes. Have you ever had any interest for Islam before? Or was this just a random find.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
WOW, If this is real, and I really hope it is. You may have found something that is very very important, and may actually rewrite some kind of history. Im sure History doesnt have Middle Eastern people visiting Nova Scotia as early as Oak Island is supposed to have been made, or whatever it is. Really Cool, just hope its not a hoax, I didnt think you could go to Oak Island and look around. Did the tour you were on stop at the island, and let you do some looking around, and If you found it there, did you not share your discovery with other people or maybe whoever took you out there. Just wondering
edit on 4-3-2013 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by allbab

Whether it's super old/ancient or not, this is still really cool to randomly find...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Does any one understand, and able to translate it to English?
Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Thank you for your contribution Misbah! I will take a better picture with more light when I get home tonight.

<<   2 >>

join