It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspartame in Milk Without a Label? Big Dairy Petitions FDA For Approval

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Google neotame, its a much worse form of aspartame and they do not have to label it or let you know its in the food.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Despite the health concerns surrounding aspartame, the thing that strikes me hardest is that they’re trying to keep its inclusion a secret by not putting it on the label. It seems to be similar in a sense to the GMO labelling proposition in California that failed... Anything that educates people on what they’re buying/consuming should always be freely and clearly labelled. It should never under any circumstances be hidden. That’s just repugnant. There’s no reasonable excuse not to label it.

I don’t really drink milk. Only in coffee, really. I’ve just never liked the taste of it in a glass or in cereal. On the odd occasion I that I do drink milk, it’s usually almond milk. Though, I’m going to have a go at making my own;

- Soak a cup of almond in water overnight.
- Remove the skin, then blend them with a few of cups of water
- Strain the pulp out
- Add cinnamon or another sweetener of your choice if you wish, and then re-blend for a minute
- Let it stand in the fridge overnight

And there you go! Healthy, no nonsense milk with no poison in it! You’ll know what’s in it. And no doubt cheaper than a bottle of milk from the shops.

But this is reprehensible. If it is approved, then surely no one can harbour any doubt that their government either wants them dead or with several health problems needing medication and the like = more $$$... It’s sickening, really. This needs to stop. The general population, aka idiots, need to wake up to these poisons. People still drink Coke Zero and add Equal into their coffee thinking they’re taking the healthier option... No sir!
edit on 25-2-2013 by BlindBastards because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I hope you know that up to 90 % of U.S. Soy production is GMO.
I don't drink cows milk now. I would recommend homemade almond milk. Goats milk is also better and easier to digest than cows milk. I know rice has been getting a bad wrap for containing excessive amounts of arsenic which gets absorbed from the soil so Organic rice milk may not be the best option either.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The US seems to be really lacking in the food labeling dept.

Here in the UK and Europe even more so, it isn't perfect, but there seems a lot more information being given and GM is banned in a lot of places. I would prefer aspartame being totally banned and PKU labels on anything that contains it until then.

Generic colour coding for healthy factor is also being introduced wide scale.

Adding things like aspartame without saying is like mass poisoning, especially given PKU and it's potential health risks.

www.food.gov.uk...

Phenylketonuria

There is a group of people who cannot safely consume aspartame. These are the sufferers of the inherited disease phenylketonuria (PKU), who are unable to metabolise the amino acid phenylalanine effectively, leading to the accumulation of potentially harmful levels. PKU is a serious, metabolic disorder, affecting 1 in 10,000 individuals and if untreated, it can cause serious brain damage.

ec.europa.eu...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Aspartame in Milk Without a Label? Big Dairy Petitions FDA For Approval

usahitman.com

Two powerful dairy organizations, The International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) and the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF), are petitioning the Food and Drug Administration to allow aspartame and other artificial sweeteners to be added to milk and other dairy products without a label.

They claim that aspartame and other artificial sweeteners would promote healthy eating and is good for school children.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.courthousenews.com

This is exactly why I am lactose intolerant, I knew this day would come and chose retroactive evolution lol.

Seriously adults shouldnt even be drinking milk. Its disgusting.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Neotame seems to be a better form of aspartame.

Heat stable and the the amino acid phenylalanine does not get released.

Makes it safe for the sufferers of the inherited disease phenylketonuria (PKU)

Only Sucralose and Neotame are considered "safe" by the Center for Science in the Public Interest.

PDF Link

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I'm a dairy vegetarian and I haven't found one milk substitute yet that I like, I like cows milk and other dairy products such as yogurt, cheese and sour cream... not to mention 90% or so of soy in the US is GMO soy. UGH!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I know a child who can die if she eats this stuff, she is so allergic. Her parents have to be extremely vigilant.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The milk in our local food markets is already manufactured, its not even real Milk its white milking powder that you use water to make it look as if its Milk thats what your actually drinking.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
...great now I have to go buy a milking goat or cow.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I can't believe this is even considered as a possibility. Many people are allergic to or have adverse reactions to artificial chemicals like this and any panel (FDA or not) that votes consistently against the greater good and welfare of "the people" and with the corporate industry that makes a profit off "the people," should be promptly fired for having an outside vested interest that conflicts with their sworn duty to keep "the people's" interest paramount.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The smart ones that know of the potential hazards of our food supply and can afford to avoid them will survive another day to breed.
reply to post by Witness2008

I keep it simple, I dont ingest milk (a product tailored by nature to infant cows not humans ) at all...problem solved
www.notmilk.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

When you see something like this you have to know that the owner of the company that MAKES aspartame is extremely monied and powerful.
By pushing aspartame covertly he sells he product and makes a literal killing. He keeps the doctors and mental health professionals in business trying to diagnose the resulting health problems caused by the product. I think it was Rumsfeld who owned significant investments in both aspartame and the company that makes the Prozac needed to treat symptoms of aspartame poisoning.

This is yet another example of the well thought out, diabolical scheming plots of the 1%

Their ONLY interest is to position themselves to make fortunes for themselves and the other vermin in their own food chain, by harming "the people" in increments so small we don't see how they are adding up and what they are getting away with.

I always blame the Rockefellers who own the chemical companies. They get their products, pesticides, synthetic drugs and additives approved for everything from corn to yams by hosting their own studies to say it is harmless. This really only means "very few" people actually died from the product they are trying to get pushed into food, the drug they are trying to rush to market, or the pesticide they are attempting to peddle to farmers. You wonder why Rockefellers are always contributing vast sums to "humanitarian" causes? I think they feel guilty.

edit on 25-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

WHAT! This doesn't belong in milk!!! This makes me so mad.

I am tired of all this crap in foods esp crap that doesn't belong. I was at the store the other day and I was looking at bread ingredients and low and behold High Fructose Corn Syrup was in many brands. WHY is that crap in bread to begin with?! It doesn't belong.

Why in the world would they ever want this toxic chemical in milk!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Boy I am glad I emigrated to Scandinavia. A pure paradise compared to this seething corporate hell hole, my old dear USA has become.

With this next step, if approved (which it most likely will be) you can bet the elite will completely doom your children to horrific forms of early dementia, usually caused by methyl ester derivates like aspartame.

edit on 25-2-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Remember when they started putting BGH in the milk? Bovine Growth Hormone

Dateline did a story about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I see the point of adding aspartame to chocolate and other flavored milk products, because all that sugar isn't such a good thing for kids to be consuming. What bothers me is that they want it to be off label. If it's such a great thing, then why hide it? Kids aren't going to read a label anyway, so their argument that "reduced-calorie" labeling is unattractive to kids makes no sense at all. There's more to this than the dairy industry is letting on.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I can't believe how stupid this whole civilization is getting.

It's called corporatism. Corporations have replaced people in the wheelhouse of state. Fungal fascism. It needs to be stopped.

If you are interested in "your brand" you are a product of fungal fascism and should be given a stern talking to and a detention.
edit on 25-2-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Occupy the FDA

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I always blame the Rockefellers who own the chemical companies.

Monsanto is a publicly traded company. You can go buy part of Monsanto if you want. Not sure if any of the majority holders are related to the Rockefellers.

finance.yahoo.com...

This guy is the CEO tho, he looks like a psychopath.... going on about helping farmers when he is part of making farmers dependent on his horrible corporation and suing them if their crop blows over to their field.

edit on 25-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join