It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Come Upon Surrendered Suspect Lying Down With Arms & Legs Spread, Proceed To Beat Him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+117 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here is yet ANOTHER example of the plague known as police brutality being caught on tape. This time in Trois Rivières , Quebec, Canada, a man suspected of robbing a pharmacy was flees from the police on foot then he decides to give up and lays down in a surrendered position.

What happens next is absolutely disgusting, they proceed to beat the crap out of him.

Four police officers from Trois-Rivières have been suspended with pay over possible misconduct, CBC Radio-Canada has learned.

The suspensions follows an incident during their arrest of an individual suspected of robbery last week.

The officers had been called to a suspected robbery at a pharmacy in the Normanville district of Trois-Rivières early Friday morning.

The four officers then chased a suspect to an area near the Trois-Rivières CÉGEP.

It was what happened during the arrest that has brought the officers' conduct into question.

www.cbc.ca...

Of course it's never smart to run from the police as it's probably just going to anger them, but they are trained to act a certain way and must be held to a higher standard than regular citizens and cannot let their emotions govern their actions.

This man was clearly not a threat and they continued to beat him for no reason that I can think of other than him running from them. I hope these 4 officers lose their job and are charged with assault and punished the same way a regular citizen without a badge would be punished.

This abuse of power by thugs with a badge needs to stop.

ETA:

Due to those who believe this incident is fake I have found another video which confirms this to be true and was filmed by a security camera. This is a mainstream source and "has no music". It also explains the incident in great detail with some background information.

They even kicked him in the genitals !

edit on 2/24/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: add second vid

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I call FAKE

At 26 seconds there is a very obvious edit where some footage was removed and/or edited.

Then at 35 seconds you see the "cop" kick the "perp" and the "perp" doesn't. even. twitch.

In fact it looks like the "cop" nearly falls forward trying to kick the "perp" almost as if he was trying to make it look like a hard kick and then lost his balance trying to do so.

Unconvincing IMO and if it is fake, the person who made it should be dealt with accordingly.

There are plenty of legitimate instances of this, sadly, but going out of your way to fabricate things is going to end badly.

edit on 24-2-2013 by HIWATT because: punctuation

+44 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

I call FAKE

You mean like the fake kicks and punches to the head and torso when he is clearly laying down?

Yeah, it's so fake

What would justify the beating he suffered in your opinion?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Good job for posting

I came across another police brutality in Belgium - video , a new incident, this is bloody ridiculous!

Belgium in shock over police brutality video

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Noting to see here !

Your gov. is benevolent !

SnF

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm tired of people attacking police officers just because they crack innocent civilians skulls open every once in a while.
It's a tough job, beating the living hell out of unarmed people who show zero signs of resistance.
They're here for our protection, after all.

edit on 24-2-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Undue use of force is a form of assault. The police in this case should be charged with a Felony. A felony conviction should force them off the police force. Maybe they could get a job as a mall rent a cop if they did not do a background check. This type of needless brutality (even if the perpetrator is guilty) is a violation of their duty and I am sorry to say but there needs to be a few cases where the police are made an example of to deter this in the future.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The only two things that stop me from pulling a million pound heist on a bank or jewelers to stop this grind we call life, or beating the # out of some guy who bad mouthed me, is the fact I'd loose my family & the fear of living in prison...I ask my self when I see this type of behavior from people who we pay to protect us, is why do the Police not posses this same fear?

There should be mass uprising and boycotts on Tax's when we see this, but no - We let it happen

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by HIWATT

I call FAKE

You mean like the fake kicks and punches to the head and torso when he is clearly laying down?

Yeah, it's so fake

What would justify the beating he suffered in your opinion?

Look at the first kick like I asked you to.

It's clearly evident that it wasn't much more than a "tap". The "cop" even came close to tripping over the "perp" because he was trying to make it look like he was really belting him.

Also, ZERO response from the "perp" the entire time "he" was enduring the "beating" ??

Really? Even the first kick. Imagine if that were you and you got "kicked in the ribs" - could you lay absolutely motionless? How about afterwards, when "punches" occurred?

The "perp" is totally motionless. His body is limp. "He" doesn't even raise his arms to try and protect his face, or even struggle AT ALL... as if.... "he" is not a "he" at all..... "he's" a mannequin or dummy of some kind and this is staged nonsense.

I'm all for exposing police brutality. It's just that this one smells.

The only time the "perp" here shows ANY kind of movement is BEFORE that very obvious edit I pointed out around 25 seconds into this video.

edit on 24-2-2013 by HIWATT because: spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
ah SOLIDSNAKE101
i wanted to post that one but you're first

anyway,

That case is from 3 years ago, video leaked this week and the victim's father wanted
the world to know what happend so the system could learn from it (prolly never will).
Only one officer is prosecuted, and all are still on active dudy all that time.

I'm shocked by this behavior !! to serve and kick the crap outta people !!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Well, I respect your right to disagree and have a different opinion but our perception of this incident clearly differs. From your two posts so far it appears that you are hinting that this is staged or fake. There is enough reality in this incident for the officers to be suspended.

I am sorry but I cannot look at that video and think that it's over exaggerated. To me, it's very clear that they beat the crap of this guy and in my opinion their actions were unacceptable no matter what the suspect did prior to this altercation.

There is no excuse for police to kick anyone like that, especially when they are surrendering. That kick that you say wasn't much of a kick appears to be much more painful to me than you are portraying. Have you ever been kicked in the head with a frozen boot? I bet it hurts. Even if the kick was "fake" the punches to the head immediately after were certainly real.

Perhaps the suspect was intoxicated and exhausted which is why he did not resist the beating as most of us probably would due to natural instinct. I don't know about you, but I have ran in the snow while it's very cold out, and it is extremely exhausting which may be part of the reason why he finally gave up. This city is north of Montreal. I wonder what temperature it was that night...I bet it was freaking cold!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

In all fairness to try and understand your position here?

Four police officers from Trois-Rivières have been suspended with pay over possible misconduct, CBC Radio-Canada has learned.

The suspensions follows an incident during their arrest of an individual suspected of robbery last week.
[Source: OP Link)

What part of it would be fake and for what purpose, when cops are being suspended over it? If it went no further, this is still a black mark on their files? (and the least they should get if all is as it appears)

I guess I'm just missing motive or reasoning of any kind to fake something here. The guy being beaten has no control to fake anything and the ones who do have control may be losing their careers for it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

I have to agree. I have never seen someone being beaten by police or anyone else lie completely still with arms and legs stretched out.

Most people ball up into a fetal position.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

I call FAKE

Yes, fake. Youtube video with music added = FAKE!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I found this part of the OP rather disingenuous.

a man suspected of robbing a pharmacy

This man was clearly not a threat

So I guy robbing a pharmacy, probably for drugs, which means hes either on some or withdrawing from some, and fleeing from police is not a threat?

I'm not justifying the officers but the man clearly should be considered a threat.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by HIWATT

I have to agree. I have never seen someone being beaten by police or anyone else lie completely still with arms and legs stretched out.

Most people ball up into a fetal position.

If you curl up into the fetal position, they will claim you were reaching for a weapon and execute you on the spot.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlapdoodleStork

While that may sound logical it isn't going to overcome natural instinct. If you are being beaten then the instinct to protect yourself takes over.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
In fact it looks like the "cop" nearly falls forward trying to kick the "perp" almost as if he was trying to make it look like a hard kick and then lost his balance trying to do so.

edit on 24-2-2013 by HIWATT because: punctuation

Have you ever tried to kick anything standing on snow/ice? You almost always fall over.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I'm not justifying the officers but the man clearly should be considered a threat.

I agree, that he should be considered a threat due to the reasons you mentioned but the situation must be assessed and acted upon accordingly, these officers did not do so.

These officers abused their power and beat a man who could be considered defenseless due to the position he was in and the way he was outnumbered. Perhaps they could have pointed their gun at him and told him to put his arms behind his back then cuff him...that would be a more logical approach. Going MMA on him his not the logical approach.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have edited my OP with this video for those who think it is fake. This mainstream outlet describes how the footage was taken from a security camera and is very real. They also talk about the incident in great detail.

He was even kicked in the genitals!

edit on 2/24/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join