It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Kerry be the Kennedy of our generation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If Kerry is truley going to do what he does when he is elected do you think he will be just as good as Kennedy was when he was President? Could Kerry overcome the Barriers of terrorism just like Kennedy over came the barriers of Communism? Do you think Kerry is capable of getting America back on track like kennedy did during the 60's? And Besides they both have the Same Intials Coincedence?

"Ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country."-Kennedy

"From the moment I take office, I will stand up to the special interests and stand with hardworking families so that we can give America back its future and its ideals"-Kerry

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Be very creepy if he was killed like Kennedy was, same initials and same way
I am starting to creep myself out

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Putting aside the romanticism associated with the way his presidency ended. Who said Kennedy was such a great president? How did Kennedy get America back on track?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Kerry will be handed over a mess. National debt. The deficit. Increasingly bad economy. The oil crisis. Global warming. The mess of Iraq and Afghanistan and a possible draft to fix it. Foreign relations disasters. All this before the "threat" of terrorism.

Kerry will basically be seen as Jimmy Carter the second. Because most likely a lot of bad stuff is headed down our way very shortly. I still think he'll be far more capable of his duties than Bush has shown himself.

I suspect we'll be in for a long spat of single-term U.S. Presidents as things get worse, but I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes
Putting aside the romanticism associated with the way his presidency ended. Who said Kennedy was such a great president? How did Kennedy get America back on track?

Hmmmm you tell me , I wasnt born for another 20 years. He did have the same plans like Kerry though...well some what at least.

"Our present tax system ... exerts too heavy a drag on growth ... It reduces the financial incentives for personal effort, investment, and risk-taking ... The present tax load ... distorts economic judgments and channels an undue amount of energy into efforts to avoid tax liabilities."

� John F. Kennedy, Nov. 20, 1962, press conference

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Well beyond the obvious differences Kennedy put in place some major tax cuts if I�m not mistaken....Kerry hasn't met a tax he didn't like. Kerry made his bones speaking out against Kennedy�s foreign policy. There are many other disparities...if you'd care to research

top topics

join