It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Major Eruption Now!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Is that...dribble?
Lava dribble?
Now I’ve seen everything...

Eyes Open

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Humor in the face of adversity - You really are a gem!
I know that it's all relative, but how do you manage to get anything done?
It sounds like you have your hands full most of the time, I think I'd be a basket case with so much commotion in the back yard. Quite sure I would be a little more distracted, but I suppose you've had some time to get used to it.
When we're speaking of this new SE Crater (NSEC), just how new is it?
Without digging deeper, I see references to it as far back as the blog page goes (Beginning of December).

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

She's showing no signs of slowing - but I am!

Unless She starts an escalation or lava trails I'll probably not be back for a few hours. It's not a great night for photos and without lava flow they'll be mostly repeats on the same theme.

peace

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Hi Hi SageTurkey

I’ll have to go back to answer your question over the date of birth of the new crater. What I can say is we have pics here of it’s coming about - one of my favorite eruptions. The time though? Day and date? Eeek! That, I don’t remember.

How do I get things done? I don’t. Everything goes on hold for our ‘Vulcanessa’!

Honestly, I do get shaky when She’s erupting. I’d like to be able to act all tough but - I’m not. I’ve had some pretty awful photo shoots with our Lady of the Lava but as they say about getting ‘bucked off’ - you have to get right back on and I’m glad Etna gives me the opportunity to try again.

One of the worst episodes? Well, you’d of had to have heard the sound of a rabbit in it’s death throws (delightful that huh) - anyway - it’s a ghastly horrific scream. Really. Anyway - I was shooting Etna and something killed a rabbit very near me. Scared years off my life. Made me cry scared me so bad which is foolish considering the circumstances - I knew what it was and had heard it before. My point - I was stressed. So yes, at times it's quite draining. Thank you for the commiseration.

peace

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Who can sleep?

Taken @ 01:00 local time

The lava fountains is shooting up miles. As is the ash. Falling north and east - there’s going to be a lot of cleanup tomorrow.
Stunning display, just stunning.

Eyes Open

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Discussing this with my brother via email, just commented to him "Yeah, don't think she's going to be getting any sleep tonight".
Impressive! HT charts are soaring...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

SageTurkey - Sleep? What sleep?

Even after 21 eruptions I can't sleep through the house shakes.

peace

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Spectacular photo, Silo.
How are you and the kitties holding up? I guess you'll just have to all take a long nap tomorrow, lol. (Well, if she is finished with this outburst)

Keep the photos coming...if you can safely.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Some amazing pictures this time, because of the clear viewing between you and Etna. Beautiful, wish I were there - I'd even help in the clean up. You should do a Bed and Breakfast thing, only a Bed, Eruption, and Breakfast. Please stay safe and warm (but not too warm) and thanks for the great pics and first-hand reporting.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Here you go
Last one for a bit - I want to try to catch at sunrise so I'd best try and lay down for an hour or so.

Thank you for checking in Olivine!

peace

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

You should do a Bed and Breakfast thing, only a Bed, Eruption, and Breakfast.

*Bust out laughing*

Can you imagine - the little jar on the table reads 'Tips for Volcano Here'...

Oh yeah, I'm tired, lol. Thanks for that!

peace

edit on 29-12-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

So what do you think - my Peridot-producing friend? Is this just the best thread - ever?
ATS Pulitzer candidate IMO.

Don't mean to clog your awesome thread with my jibber-jabber Silo, but yeah...
To be able to discuss this awesome display of nature with someone who is experiencing it in real-time is like - beyond cool.
Yeah, sleep would be definitely out of the question - In fact, I'm quite sure that for the majority of the event I'd be running around the house making sounds akin to a Male Baboon - OOOH-OOOH-OOOH!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

silo13
Thank you for checking in Olivine!
peace

No, no. Thank you for the amazing play-by-play & stunning visuals. I look forward to your morning report.

Sleep easy.

@SageTurkey--definitely BTE (Best Thread Ever)--with Pulitzer-worthy photojournalism.
edit on 12/29/2013 by Olivine because: add a thought

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Awesome just awesome! Great job and thank you for the wonderful play by play.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Awesome photos, Silo!! Hope you're getting some rest at the moment.

Thanks for these amazing pictures!! WOW!!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

0730 local time - and She’s still at it with no indication She’s slowing down. It’s a constant thump thump under the feet from her voice. Ash is turning the sky strange colors to the north and east (the wind is still with me) and the lava - it’s there - just hidden behind the growing clouds.
We’re supposed to have rain today - who knows what that will mean for pictures.
We’ll see...

Eyes Open

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This is the shot I was waiting for.
There’s only a few moments in time when these colors are such as you see.
It’s breathtaking.
I wish you all could see it live.

It’s almost painful to see...

This one’s for you all. Thank you so much for your kindness and care over this last Year.
I really mean that. If it wasn’t for you all I wouldn’t have half what it takes to get out there and get this done.
Hats off to you all - love and light and hugs around.
I really appreciate each and every one of you.

Eyes Open

~ gracie ~

edit on 30-12-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Here’s some contrast for you.

This one was taken just after the ‘royal purple’ capture.

The next only moments later.

And this? The ‘in between’!

Eyes Open - And yes, She’s still at it and getting louder!

peace

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

The Kitties are LOVING this. They really have so much fun chasing me out to the end of the vineyard, playing while I take shots, jumping on my back when I'm taking ground shots and scaring the beeejeeez out of me.

Next time I'll take a shot of them and sneak it in!

And yes, She's still getting louder!

Eye (droopy) but Open!

peace

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Yeah, sleep would be definitely out of the question - In fact, I'm quite sure that for the majority of the event I'd be running around the house making sounds akin to a Male Baboon - OOOH-OOOH-OOOH!!!

Oh, I do that too sometime aslo, lol - just the female version.
In fact I’m a bit embarrassed to look back at some of the older threads and blush when I read my outburst, like...

OH MY GAWD THIS IS THE BIG ONE! GET TO THE LIVE CAMS PEOPLE!

Yeah, that was a classic, lol.

And then there was the thread where each and every time She yawned I’d ask for a thread title change. I think the mods finally gave up at like 20 re-titles, lol!

I do get really excited at times and that carries me through the day - last time I’d been at it 6 hours and didn’t think but a couple hour most had passed. Problem is - then I start to get all buzzy - but I think that’s stress and fear and adrenaline - it makes quite the biological cocktail!

I don’t mind answering question - be my guest!

peace

edit on 30-12-2013 by silo13 because: remove bold

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join