It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happened to Mt.Saint Helens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It hasn't blown yet or has it? Is it still bubbling and giving off gases?
All that coverage for those two days and now nothing?

What gives? Also what about yellowstone?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Not sure but the volcano cam is showing a daylight picture time stamp around 6pm. It was dark then and it hasn't updated since. No webmaster notes right now.

www.fs.fed.us...

Also, 4 webicorders from PNSN are down on Mt Hood, Ranier, Green Mtn and Dodson Butte.

www.pnsn.org...

Wonder what's up...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
As of Thursday

Lava:

Mt. St. Helens is on cruise control, with lava steadily fashioning its new lava dome without explosive outbursts. The dome is more than 900 feet long. 250 feet wide and 230 feet high.

Seismic activity:

Earthquakes remain at a low level, indicating the volcano's magma chamber is not repressurizing.

Viewing:

Clouds obscured views Thursday and are expected to do so for several days. (A clear evening arial view, few days ago, over the mountain showed orange glowing magma flows around the new crater dome. Sensors read 1400 degrees Fahrenheit.)

Developments:

A steam plume rising from the hot dome-caused by condensation of moisture in the cold air, not a release from a vent- soared about 2000 feet above the volcano's rim Wednesday, the first time the mountain had been visible in three days.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
We're all still here. It appears to be a lava dome building event.

www.katu.com...

We will keep you updated!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

It hasn't blown yet or has it? Is it still bubbling and giving off gases?
All that coverage for those two days and now nothing?

What gives? Also what about yellowstone?

Mt St Helens is waiting for Bush to give the order of course!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm From Tacoma, WA and was born the year Mt. St. Helens blew the last time (80') My folks said there was ash everywhere. Very violent. This just seems to me to be something very small connected to something very big. I think there is a massive shift going on right now, under the earth. We see symptoms of this in weather change, natuarl catostrophies such as Earthquakes in China and Japan, Typhoonns and Hurricanes of record number this year, as well as temperment changes in humans...were getting a lot more mad these days...

new topics

top topics

join