It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesnt Nasa have any detailed pictures of the Moon anomally Shard?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
well okey when ever i can post i guess il start my own and we can talk

i guess instant action don't happen these days from what we been thought

slow and steady does the trick as well

well cya another day

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by novahcain

Dude as soon as you can post threads ill be the first to check it out and talk with you.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Location,location,location
According to this picture:

The "shard" can be seen on the horizon and there is a landmark in the picture with a known location.
Mare Orientale is labeled in the picture and it is located at:
LAT 19.4S
Long 92.8W

Mare Orientale is actually on the "far side" of the Moon. However, due to lunar libration, it can occasionally be glimpsed on the western limb of the lunar surface.

Located in the Orientale basin, Mare Orientale straddles both the near and far side.

I`m not good with directions but maybe this info will help one of you guys in finding the exact location of this "shard"

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If America and China or America and Russia were at somewhat the odds we are all lead to believe, would it not be beneficial for these countries that are apparently our enemy's to gain photographic evidence of these anomalies and prove once and for all what they are, also the moon landing site would be a good one to cause discourse and incite revolt among our populace, lets say , if nothing was there and China took some satellite imagery of it and done an expose of it it would be damaging, but I guess the American government would just deny it, after all how could myth busters be wrong and of course china and Russia don't have technology that advanced they still plow fields with horses.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
There is no way they are natural rock formations.Because these are in arizona and I am sure aliens brought them.

Right. All that wind and water erosion on the Moon...

Boy you got me,now explain to me how the formations on the bottom right of the pic were made by wind,rain and erosion.

edit on 9-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
....already answered....

edit on 9-2-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Please look at the full image. The "shadow" is cast in the wrong direction.

Phage, with shadows seemingly being cast in all directions, how can you be so fixed in your opinion?

Have you been to the Moon? Certainly not.

Is NASA essentially deceitful, serving some flawed elitist agenda? Yes.

Can NASA be trusted about anything with possible Extra-Terrestrial origin? No.

Does ATS have paid disinfo´ agents on almost every thread? Unfortunately yes.

Does being patronising and arrogant ever promote healthy discussion? No.

Considering the desparate state of society, is it reasonable to question official stories? Yes.

So Phage, may I suggest that if you wish to win this argument without appearing to be a rude bully, then por favor, take the time to SHOW all the ignorant souls on this thread that there really is no such thing as the Shard on the Moon.

If you can´t do that, then pretty please allow others the space for open -and polite- debate.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

could this not be the lander "blasting off" the lunar surface? This supposed pillar in this photograph looks an awful lot like a plume rather than something solid, even with the grainy photo. My guess would be just that, the landing pod launching from the surface as seen from the orbiter.

Could also explain why there are not more photographs of said instance. The reason I guess this for this photograph, is the lovely white object directly above said plume. It would probably take a while for an exhaust trail like that to dissipate.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The Shard hasn't been photographed again since that original Lunar Orbiter photo simply because it isn't there any more.
Earlier somebody alluded to it resembling fog,and the best version of the pic does indeed make it look like that - so maybe it really was just a puff of smoke.
What we see there is an example of what are known as Lunar Transient Phenomena. Most are glowing lights but a lot of clouds of smoke have also been seen, and the Shard could be one.
NASA Technical Report R277 makes for very interesting reading.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntieChrist

Does ATS have paid disinfo´ agents on almost every thread? Unfortunately yes.

Considering the desparate state of society, is it reasonable to question official stories? Yes.

Are conspiracy sites essentially deceitful, serving some flawed agenda? Quite often.

Can conspiracy sites be trusted about anything with possible Extra-Terrestrial origin? HELL NO.

Do conspiracy sites have disinfo´ agents on almost every thread? YES.

Considering the desparate state of society, is it reasonable to question speculative conspiracy stories? OH YES, every single day.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntieChrist

Phage, with shadows seemingly being cast in all directions, how can you be so fixed in your opinion?
How can shadows be cast in all directions? There is only one light source.

Really?

What has NASA lied about?

So Phage, may I suggest that if you wish to win this argument without appearing to be a rude bully, then por favor, take the time to SHOW all the ignorant souls on this thread that there really is no such thing as the Shard on the Moon.
What's the point? It already has been claimed that high resolution images have been doctored. From what you posted above it's pretty obvious you would except nothing less than an image showing a tower thousands of meters tall.

Have you ever heard the expression, "teach a man to fish?"

edit on 2/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm also interested in what the "shard" is. Could you please post a pic of the "shard"? My honest opinion on it is...I have no idea what it is. Maybe it's just a rock formation. Maybe it's an alien structure. I don't know, but I would like to see a pic of it posted.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

How can shadows be cast in all directions? There is only one light source.

Perhaps not in all directions, but terrain can make them appear to be cast in different directions with just a single light source.

This has been offered as "proof" by conspiracy theorists that the lunar landings were staged, despite it being a real, reproducible lighting effect.

edit on 9-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is probably a good enough approximation of the field of view showing on the the famous shard image from LO3

That means the vertical looking object would be located somewhere around rim of the crater Mostings U.

Good luck trying to identify any object that stands vertically from high-res LROC pictures. It's because most of these images are taken from top-down vertical perspective. Therefore you will get literally no sense of the any object's height during the day when the sun is high up and shadows are short. One way to find them would be to look for really long and thin shadows cast by what looks literally like a dot during sunrise/sunset... That would be a tower you just found.

edit on 9-2-2013 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

It's posted in the OP.
You can also see it here:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

On a small scale and small differences in angles, yes.
On a large scale and great differences, no. The "shadow" of the "shard" is at least 90º from where it should be.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by AuntieChrist

Then why use a NASA photo that supposedly shows the "shard"?

Can NASA only be trusted when it supports your opinion?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Are there available *any* pictures of this thing, clearly showing detail proving it's a rock formation, and how high it is compared to the surrounding area? It seems like an anomaly this this would warrant such a photograph given how the entire moon has been photographed by now with the best camera technology available...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If we start losing confidence in official NASA data, we might as well just pack it in and stop wasting our time as no UFO footage in the world could be trusted to be real. Every footage of anything anomalous in sky or space will automatically be fake, CGI, and waste of time whether it's from NASA or Joe Blow.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

The "shard" in the OP is not a rock formation. It is a photographic flaw.

The other "towers" being discussed are lunar mountains and are in different locations. Since they lie on the terminator there is a great deal of interplay with light and darkness which creates for some the illusion of vertical structures.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join