It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Music???????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I love Black Metal or Satan music as some call it. It is powerful just as a good horror flick is. I think a lot of people have a "dark side" - thats why we watch the movies and listen to the music. It doesn't mean we are possessed or that we are satan worshipers. Its entertainment! Bring it on!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here is a good band that was just crazy at that time, and that is S.O.D and no it isn't system of a down. They had songs like March of the SOD. I remember Head bangers ball on MTV. Oh the good ol days I miss the good ol days.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by nyeff

Thats pretty cool as you hardly ever see anyone talk about Venom anymore. A band I do like to listen to. Also what about King Diamond now that was a dark individual in his songs, but just like everyone else in real life. I could go on all day about bands that were in the satanic music genre.

I was a huge King Diamond fan up to "The Eye." King's earlier band, Mercyful Fate, had satanic lyrics, at times quoting satanic rituals in their lyrics.

King now says it was all basically for show.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Here is a good band that was just crazy at that time, and that is S.O.D and no it isn't system of a down. They had songs like March of the SOD. I remember Head bangers ball on MTV. Oh the good ol days I miss the good ol days.

You n' me both! Remember Billy's band afterwards, MOD?

To help balance this thread out, I must admit I was also a Stryper fan back in the day.
For the uninitiated, Stryper were/are Christian metal.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
deicide comes to mind first when talk turns to the darker side of metal, followed by king diamond and venom.

glen benton who is the lead singer of deicide has a 3.5" inverted cross branded deep on his forehead.

most dont talk about it openly in song or otherwise.

cheers,
AA

[edit on 4-7-2010 by anonamousantichrist]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
i also like the rolling stones "sympathy for the devil" lasbiach also did a good cover for it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by W_O_W

OK, how do you know if music is satanic?

If it is negative.

If it is putting down anyone.

If it is about waging war.

If it is about annihilating anyone or anything.

If it is about hatred.

Also, if it is about discordants - which send these same messages.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Its an image thing. Its cool and dark to talk about satan and dead christians. Not much else to it. Its not like they really believe it themselves and those that say they do would be just as lost and scared on their death beds as anyone else. The majority are disenfranchised christian who were beaten, forced to go to church and had it shoved down their throat. The reaction is the music you hear...angry, violent and full of hate.

I should say though, just because there is screaming or low, guttural vocals does not mean they are satanic. A LOT of death metal is, ironically, life metal, in that they are lamenting the fact of death and exploring the purpose of life by focusing on such an enigmatic end.

I love both technical death metal and black metal myself, could care less what they believe as long as it is talented and written well.

Try listening to "Wintersun"...nothing satanic there, but excellent musicianship and truly epic folk/black metal.

Now show me those horns! \m/

[edit on 6-7-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

If you think it is cool and dark to talk about dead Christians and Satan you have one thing right.

It is dark.

Satan loves it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

If you think it is cool and dark to talk about dead Christians and Satan you have one thing right.

It is dark.

Satan loves it.

I meant that it is the "perception" of the scene as whole. I don't think it is cool myself, I think it is childish. The only thing the bible alludes to what satan loves is dead people (he eats dust, we are dust you know). Satan is a tool, don't give him so much power and credit.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Satan is ruling this world, and has been for a long time.

He is not a tool - you are his tools, the people who love satanic music.

And other satanic practices.

People think Satan is not real, and Jesus is not real.

Let me translate - it is good versus evil, always has been, always will be.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Holy crap! Capitol letters AND question marks! EXTRA question marks! This must be serious business!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
[edit on 7/6/2010 by dethduck because of double post]

[edit on 7/6/2010 by dethduck]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Satan is ruling this world, and has been for a long time.

He is not a tool - you are his tools, the people who love satanic music.

And other satanic practices.

People think Satan is not real, and Jesus is not real.

Let me translate - it is good versus evil, always has been, always will be.

Geez cat, you make him sound like a God? Do you believe "satan" is more powerful than God? Do you think he will "win" more souls? Always will be good vs evil...always? Really?

check out www.bible-truths.com and get back to me.

I'll say it again, satanic music is nothing but scared, emotionally stunted kids singing angry, scary things about God. That is all it is.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

I'll say it again, satanic music is nothing but scared, emotionally stunted kids singing angry, scary things about God. That is all it is.

b.b. king was in an interview some years back and was asked "why do you play the blues?" his remark was "if you gotta ask you'll never know" people ask me why i use gutteral vocals in my music. if you gotta ask then you'll never know. for me an entire album of death/ black metal is like watching my favorite scary movie. you watch it a few times cause you wanna see that part where the guy shoves a splintered croquet mallet through the zombies head and at home you say "COOL!" with death metal i like to sit around with my bandmates, lift weights, and listen to cannibal corpse. it gives us wierd disconnected people means of bonding. now which is better; church vice, or musical freedom?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The irony is in the fact that the pop musicians are the real satanists.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sojikai

Yeah good point.
I wonder at what point in her career Madonna went satanic, or am I just looking into it too much lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sojikai

I've listened to dozens of Black and Death metal bands and can honestly say...

Lady Gaga is more of a satanic musician than anyone.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Another good point, it seems a lot of pop stars are into this.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
when i was little, my friend had a cabbage patch kids record (uhh, LP, Vinyl ). she would play one of the songs backward and and it would say " run run the devil must fall"
But i guess that would be anti-satanic music...lol

<< 1    3 >>

join