It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1/3 Americans on Welfare, Foodstamp & Disability.. and growing by the Millions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
US POPULATION: over 313 MILLION
ALREADY ON WELFARE: over 110 MILLION

WELFARE STATES: so far 11 out of 50

HA CA NM MS AL IL KY OH SC NY Maine... Yep, so far 11 states already have more people on public assistance than people that actually work for a... living. What kind of life is that, yall? The good life, the easy life, the.... American dream??

Caveat emptor: Eventually... you run out of other peoples' money.. no?

Obviously its not jussst about undocumented aliens milking the system anymore.. currently 35% the US population (and growing) have given up and jumped the welfare bandwagon, hoping to live out their lives on public assistance til it shrinks, sinks.

www.ijreview.com...

80% Welfare State Explosion: Food Stamps Skyrocket, Disability Hits All-Time High

Disability recipients hit record for 192nd straight month. “The number of American workers collecting federal disability payments climbed to yet another record high of 8,830,026 in January, up from 8,827,795 in December, according to newly released data from the Social Security Administration.” . (CNS)

Food stamps skyrocket as unemployment rates remain flat. “From October 2009 to October 2012 the unemployment rate has declined from 10.2 percent to 7.9 percent [the same rate as January 2013]. In that same time frame, nearly ten million new recipients have been added to the food stamp rolls…” (Daily Caller)

Over 100 million Americans are receiving some form of welfare. (The Weekly Standard) Welfare becoming more attractive than work. Total welfare spending in the U.S. (if converted into cash payments) equals approximately ‘$168 per day for every household in poverty,’ higher than the $137 median income per-day.” (Senate Budget Committee)

edit on 8-2-2013 by tropic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The problem has been created.

The reaction is being manufactured.

The solution is about to be implemented.

You make people dependent on the state, then take away that safety net.

This provides the necessary chaos needed to further clamp down and distract the idiots from the master thiefs.

Instead of going after our enemies, we fight each other.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

The Cloward and Piven Strategy as well as Agenda 21 spells it all out for us..................Why the surprise???

Is it because we refused to believe the warnings?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't think it has to do with some conspiracy for domination as much as it does the democrats creating a permanent voting block so they never lose power.

I think its safe to say that after four more years of welfare skyrocketing, plus bringing in 12 million illegals and their families, that nobody but a democrat will ever see the inside of the White House ever again.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Lots of folks on welfare and food stamps have lots of kids and nowhere near the job skill necessary to give them a decent life. STOP MAKING BABIES if you have no real job skills necessary to make a decent living to raise children.

THINK before reproducing. Stop DRAINING the system due to BAD choices!!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Don't forget about those hidden yearly welfare checks, aka tax refunds.

I understand some people overpay and get a return, but some pay next to nothing and get a boatload back, from the Earned Income Credit and the Child Tax Credit.

How is it ok for a family of four making around 25k a year, pay nothing for taxes AND get a check for 5k? WELFARE.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You know the old saying "If you can't beat 'em join ' em"? Well I want to know where I sign up at, because it is obviously easy to get assistance or so many wouldn't be on the government dole. What do I have to do? Fake an injury? Make up some illness? I can do it just tell me how because I am sick and tired of working my ass off while a third of this once great nation just sits around and collects a check.

And for those looking to say that it's not really like that, shelf it, because it is obvious at this point that the abuse is beyond rampant when you have 1/3 of the fricken country on assistance.

edit on 2/8/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by tropic

The Cloward and Piven Strategy as well as Agenda 21 spells it all out for us..................Why the surprise???

Is it because we refused to believe the warnings?

I first heard of the Cloward - Pivens strategy about 20 years ago,after reading about it I thought wow that`s genius but I doubted that it could really work, obviously I was wrong.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jough626
Don't forget about those hidden yearly welfare checks, aka tax refunds.

I understand some people overpay and get a return, but some pay next to nothing and get a boatload back, from the Earned Income Credit and the Child Tax Credit.

How is it ok for a family of four making around 25k a year, pay nothing for taxes AND get a check for 5k? WELFARE.

I never understood the earned income credit thing, they "credit" you with a check for taxes which you never owed and never had to pay.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Did you know a single man, working forty hours per week at minimum wage, falls short of the income limit by $330 that qualifies him for food stamps in PA? ($40 short and STILL qualifying during the five pay months?)

What’s up with that? I think that’s the problem. Maybe the answer is a higher minimum wage?
snap

Working people are receiving food assistance, not only lazy bums. I'm pretty sure i read a few times that the majority of people benefiting from that program are working.

If you raised minimum wage by 2 dollars, he would still be under the income limit by 10 dollars

Maybe big companies can afford to pay their employees a higher wage? If they did, maybe the government could chalk over a couple bucks an hour for the small business minimum wage earners? Then... just jobless people would need food assistance, right? Then we could call them all lazy bums YAY!!!

Seriously, just thinking out loud and I have no idea about financial crap and how the money flows...

edit on 9-2-2013 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

top topics

join