It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-year old genius invents fast and cheap way to detect cancer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I hope he doesn't have an accident soon.

He just made a lot of powerful people angry.

Nah, he is brilliant and innovative and people will invest in him and he will continue to innovate and create good things and may end up as another Bill Gates and then everybody will hate him because he would be an evil 1% person and thus the "undeserving wealthy."

By the time the FDA approves this device, 20 years will have passed and 100 million dollars would have been spent with their archaic clinical trial system and it will cost a lot more than 30 cents a test because of this.
edit on 8-2-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

The kid is brilliant, but I dont think cost would go up to much.

Its a detecetor not an actual drug. He basically created an litmus test for cancer.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Let's hope there is too much attention on him & his amazing discovery, so much attention that they wouldn't get away with assassinating him.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
My God people, stop with the assasination nonsense. As has already been said, this is a tool for detecting cancer.

Why on earth would the people in power have a problem with that?

He hasn't cured anything, cancer is still here, and his tools will lead to more diagnoses, therefore more treatment, therefore more money. Let's lay this silly argument to rest, please.

As for why this kid could do something the scientists couldn't, many inventions come from the genius of one person, and often they are young. Young people not in the system already are often far better at thinking outside of the box.

No conspiracy here, and no conspiracy theories need be discussed.

Can't we just appreciate the kid's brilliance?
edit on 8-2-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Nah, he is brilliant and innovative and people will invest in him and he will continue to innovate and create good things and may end up as another Bill Gates and then everybody will hate him because he would be an evil 1% person and thus the "undeserving wealthy."

By the time the FDA approves this device, 20 years will have passed and 100 million dollars would have been spent with their archaic clinical trial system and it will cost a lot more than 30 cents a test because of this.

Wow, you really got this system figured out. Ever consider becoming an exec in a big corporation?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
He may be charging $3.00

As soon as the government or Doctors get a hold of it, it probably cost from $500 to $1000 dollars.

You watch.

And Medicade won't cover it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Great catch, thank you! ...From another perspective:

* Evidence suggests that people get pre-cancers and cancers often - and the body deals with it successfully. So early detection is not always such a good thing (natural is better).

* Nobody - not private or public insurance - wants the ongoing expense of treating millions of patients for "chronic" cancers, godforbid long term disability payouts. They just want to cover the short-term end-stage treatments.

imho - Best clean up the world and ditch all the products that cause cancer - "treat" the cause, not the symptoms.

edit on 8/2/13 by soficrow because: add wd

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What I don't get is how a 15 year old kids taking high school biology invents this type of technology when we have thousands of "educated professionals" with years of experience in the field could not come up with this solution? It really questions the integrity and sincerity of these professionals.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
Avoid HFCS. They say on the media cannon that "sugar is sugar; your 'bawdy' doesn't know the difference".
But it's just another lie, because your body does know the difference. I read that the only food the brain recognizes, can utilize, is sugar, just a fun fact.

There's a thread pointing tp HCFS as being lethal, a carcinogen. Maybe all 'bawdys' aren't the same.
edit on 8-2-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

Yeah, its kind of funny how there was no obesity problem until they demonized sugar and came up with all of these "substitutes" and "replacements"..... sugar is natural, so its one thing I never banned from my life, but replacements don't make it near my house!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
so where can one buy this test kit???

That is the important question...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I LOVE THE YOUTH!!!

Cannot wait to share this with my Teens!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Fantastic!!! All we need now is for them to release the CURE!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th3MissingLink
reply to post by NavyDoc

The kid is brilliant, but I dont think cost would go up to much.

Its a detecetor not an actual drug. He basically created an litmus test for cancer.

The FDA also regulates medical tests as well and to some very stringent standards. There will have to be a lot more done to get it approved and into the market and that expense will be reflected in the final price.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Wow, you really got this system figured out. Ever consider becoming an exec in a big corporation?

It is just the system we have, the FDA does not make things easier.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
They will probably assassinate him aswell.. knowing the retarded humans that we are.. sigh.

My thoughts exactly. Or buy the tech and charge $5000 for the test.

Nothing is going to threaten big pharma's margins.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Surely it's "what can extremely scientists with billions of pounds at hand do"? If a 15 year old with not so much cash can do such things, it does make you think about scientists with lots of funding...

One word - profit...
edit on 2/8/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Think of it this way - if a HIV/Aids cure existed, not only would profit decrease, but the population would also increase. It is in some people's interest to keep such diseases alive and kicking.

Personally, I find it remarkable that HIV/AIDs hasn't been killed off and yet many people are being kept alive in expensive and drawn-out treatment (i.e. generating lots of profit).

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What will probably happen is that his research and IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) to this discovery will get bought out by a company who claims they'll help him cover the expenses involved in FDA trial funding. This company will also be involved in the more expensive testing devices/methods in use today - ones that cost much much more to make and much much more in profitability.
This newly acquired method/research will disappear.

Akin to the story of the long-life battery created for GM's EVO1 car back in the 90s. It lasted 8 times longer than the one being installed in the car but rather than award a contract to the inventor, they bought the design and property rights and the battery never saw the light of day. You can't piss off BiG Oil now, can you. Same goes for the Cancer industry

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Its amazing what a young person with common sense and some knowledge of the basics can come up with.

Didn't I find here on ATS the girl who had figured out how to cure a type of cancer with nano technology? I think it was her science fair project. I would check but my ATS search doesn't work for some reason.

Also, I believe a young girl came up with the idea of recycling tires to use in the roads we drive on.
I think the idea was squashed quickly because some people stood to loose money.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

So...where do I sign up; I want to get tested!

This is a wonderful invention; I just hope it takes off soon and us common folk will be able to benefit from it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join