It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Nasa have a web cam on the space station?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just wondering where i could find a realtime video of earth from space, or if there is such a thing on the net. I can find one for the station station processing facility but i want one that actually is a camera in space and one that has a view of the earth because the earth looks better than the guy that works in the facility

[edit on 29-10-2004 by Sabre262]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No, I believe not.

This is the best I could find: space.cweb.nl...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The link is ok, but i don't think NASA would dare put a webcam to show live footage outaspace because the truth would be shown infront of our very eyes about aliens.

Xon

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Come on Silent Smoke. If they can see UFO at Iss you can see them at home. Is there is no clouds at night you can see the iss, and the is many picture and vidios form iss and thing like this. And if there where ufos out there we would have know it.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xon
and the is many picture and vidios form iss and thing like this. And if there where ufos out there we would have know it.

Unless that old rumour about Nasa not showing live feeds so they can edit footage to their liking and airbrushing their photos is true!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xon
Come on Silent Smoke. If they can see UFO at Iss you can see them at home.

True say... damn why do u have to be so smart!!!! Good point, but when i ment the truth about aliens i ment whether they really exist or not.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't understand what would be so relevant about there being a web-cam on the space station. What type of help would it provide for the investigation of aliens and ufo's. And imagine the video quality of a life feed from outer space to the net, terrible.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
I don't understand what would be so relevant about there being a web-cam on the space station. What type of help would it provide for the investigation of aliens and ufo's. And imagine the video quality of a life feed from outer space to the net, terrible.

Well i was just wondering because i saw a show on UFO's on TV and the best video they had came from NASA, it was taken in orbit of earth. So i was wondering if they had something set up that could be monitered by lots of people because the more people with easy access the less likely they are to miss anything. Also couldn't they just use the tech they use for satellite TV to send the video to a ground site and stream from there?

Anyway cheers for the link, not exactly what i was looking for but better than nothing.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Everyone and their brother has a web cam...
You can see places all around the world.

You would think NASA WOULD have already offered a live web cam feed, showing pics of the earth (and moon, whatever).
That would be cool. I tend to agree with the above poster that they might not like the fact they cant edit a live feed...

[edit on 31-10-2004 by dAlen]

Xon

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I really doent know why they doent have a web cam upp there. But if they had one I doent think you would have seen aliens on it. It is too close. But actuly I think thay have a web cam, I am not sure but I think I have seen it on a space page.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silent Smoke
The link is ok, but i don't think NASA would dare put a webcam to show live footage outaspace because the truth would be shown infront of our very eyes about aliens.

ok, here's the real story, there was a webcam out there. but then those evil aliens got so Camera-Happy that they took it back to their planet and made sitcoms.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You can do lots of stuff there are telescopes ... that you can rent ... or pay subsriptions too ... to use ..

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Come on guys don’t be fools nasa is a joke it doesn’t matter if they had a streaming web cam in HD you’re not going to see any alien ships they can change their ships to only be visible in certain spectra of light ultra violet, infa red and so forth on one occasion they seen 3 ufos in Mexico under infa red light but not visible in the normal spectra of owere eyes. do you really think nasa doesn’t no this you can hear the astronauts say on several occasions that they see ufo’s even the Apollo astronauts seen them also nasa has a huge photo lab and one of the nasa employees sed they airbrush some of the photos y is that hello use that homo sapien bran of yours don’t let them make a fool out of us there the ones with all the power not us and were paying the basturds unreal isn’t it shouldn’t it be the other way around. and they’re the ones exploring and making discovers and history to their self’s and were all missing out and they could care less about us there the parents and were the kids fighting and bickering about retarded # and that’s how they like it .you no I’m really pashinet about space and everything that comes with it and to think I wanted to be a part of their team and be an astronaut well they can go to hell for all I care I sure hope Obama cuts there funding if they’re not going to share the exploration I never thought I would say this but pull the plug Obama I’m behind you!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkFlame

terrible live footage?

FOXTELHD live satellite footage looks pretty fine to me down here on Earth.

Maybe spacebound alien craft aren't limited to the same disclosure agreements as those closer to earth?

(hence the need for NASA censorship....)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Whats that NASA TV footage of astronauts doing repairs etc on the iss? i thought they had one but not live,they have some feed to earth and the net cos i watch it! or is that not a web cam?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
nasa did live feeds for like a week abck in the early 2000's i hear. adn this is for the person who said why put a web cam in space.....how do you think video gets down to earth.....its send by signals, to nasa server out over the net. the only difference bettween a cam and a web cam is the way the info is stored/ sent

Edit i know for a fact that they used to show live feeds i have some of it on my computer at home. i dont know when the dates where i know it was only about a weekish cause lots of people reported seeing UFos on the feed

[edit on 16-1-2009 by killartofu]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

"i know for a fact that they used to show live feeds i have some of it on my computer at home. i dont know when the dates where i know it was only about a weekish cause lots of people reported seeing UFos on the feed"

[edit on 16-1-2009 by killartofu]

Did you catch any unusual UFO type objects on the footage you managed to record till they pulled the "live" plug?

[edit on 16/1/2009 by stealthyaroura]

new topics

top topics

join