It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange feeling in the air?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
(Snip Snip)

Sorry... bad idea and one revelation more than I'm really comfortable with on what I'd written on this last addition. Maybe at a future point but not at the moment. Just imagine in it's place a field of green grass, happy rabbits and a warm spring sun to make the scene perfect. It's better than what I almost left in place to go to sleep on.

For anyone who read what I'd put here....nothing was inaccurate, just one step further than I should go and ignoring those little nagging feelings never ends well. Why I wanted to here is beyond me. If anyone wants to add to what's already been said, please do.

Thanks for understanding (or not, as appropriate)
edit on 6-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Reconsideration of how much is too much in sharing ATM

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Maybe it's opposite day for me. Which actually is kind of weird in and of itself.

I actually got a full 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night. WOOT! (I usually get 3-4 hours)

And am not in as much pain as I have been in the past two months. Double WOOT!

I've felt like something has been building for the past year and for some reason, feel more at peace with myself recently. The feeling that something is building is still there, but for some reason, it no longer really concerns me.
edit on 6-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: Must be the beer.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It all totally makes sense, that is why I felt so strongly compelled to share the link with you. Writing, for me, much like you, comes easily. That link left me feeling bare and naked, and that is the reason I didn't edit it. I wrote each part as it came from my heart, and I felt that editing even typos would leave me open to do what I didn't want - which was to second guess myself.

I was hopeful that upon reading it, you would at least know I was being genuine, and not just saying, "me too". Not that that confirmation is either good or bad, but it is what it is. Sometimes, when we know things, we doubt ourselves to a degree until someone can relate to us, confirm they are on the same page.

As I said, for some reason, I always thought everyone knew it was there, though inexplicably, looking back at that, I had no reason to. Perhaps it was because I had grown so accustomed to it, or was so used to keeping it inside. It's awkward to find yourself with realizations like that. Perhaps it was a type of defense mechanism I used to make myself comfortable with it. I am still pondering on that one.

I would be curious to know when you noticed it gone, though. I said it was about a month ago for me, perhaps when I thoroughly examined it. My first thoughts were that it was somehow my fault. Since religion is how I always associated it, it is the only words I can communicate it with. It may not be right, but the only way I know right now.

When I felt it was my fault, the first thought that came to mind was that I had fallen from grace with God somehow. Pretty powerful, even for non-religious people, no? Anyway, that is why I said I became more prayerful. I felt that somehow, I had slipped from God. Not prayed enough, not been good enough, somehow I had failed. The more I thought on it, I began to consider other possibilities.

That place I had been, in the hotel room, not a good place. I worried that those I had become comfortable with being around me were, for lack of a better term, trapped. Purgatory? So hard to put into words, but I was willing out if desperation, to almost choose that place over life. I knew I didn't want to be there. However, I was never sure that what I felt daily was that place, a different place, or a combination. I am still not sure.

After the guilt, I got angry. Then I got scared. I went through a lot of emotions, because I wanted them back. It was a comfort to me. That is when I pondered the hard questions. Was it good for them? Did they move on to something better? If so, what does it mean? Is that in itself some sign for me? For us?

I thought about the movie The Seventh Sign. They talk about the Guff. That movie is the only place I had ever heard of it, but they say in the movie the Guff is where the spirits are, and when it is empty, it is the end of the world. The last child born will be soulless. The anti-christ. Again, forgive me if you are not religious, as I said, this is how I relate, the only words I have.

Then, I tell myself I think too much.

I can't say when the foreboding feeling started for me, nor when the connection was gone, but it never occurred to me to link the two. I only know when I became aware of it. Try as I might, I just can't pinpoint when I lost it.

I do understand the discomfort in writing about it. I wrote that message last night at least 5 times before I clicked send. It still left me squirming. It still does. Stick with your instincts, don't second guess yourself. Usually, your gut is right over what your mind may try to tell you. And don't give away anything you don't feel right with.

I didn't see your edited post. In a way, I am glad. Something tells me I may not have liked it. Perhaps, perhaps not, but it isn't about me. You made me rather curious though.

This entire thread has made me think rather a lot. I had a doctors appointment today that I skipped, just to give myself more time to consider this. I feel it is important.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Seems I was spelling it wrong. It is spelled Guf. Interesting read, gives the date from the movie as one in February. Is this a leap year perchance? O.o
edit on 6-2-2013 by Libertygal because: ETA link

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You put it in much better words than I could. It's still there, but I am peaceful about it.

That, for whatever reason, is great, because it was eating me up. Perhaps the peace has a lot to do with less pain (stress reduced) and better sleep for you?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i've been dreaming like crazy all night [consious of it] for the last few nights.
lions, tigers and bears even.
and they all are comfortable around humans.

ethertericaly, i am aware something different is going on , the best way i can describe it seems to be as a 'changing of the guard'. where there is a last ditch attempt for the old ways to hang on, as something new is on the way.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have, it started yesterday. I think it's something to do with the electromagnetic field getting excited by the quakes and volcanoes. It could be a change in the frequency of earths vibration also, I'm not really sure.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
When I meditate, I sometimes hear tones which are analogous to the schuman resonance frequency. The past few days, these tones have been all over the place

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It's the calm before the storm. Things have been too quiet lately. It's like the few months before 9-11. All hell is gonna break loose by the spring.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Is anyone else feeling a nervous tension/energy in the air?

Anyone else picking up on this? (There are a couple other things...but if this doesn't resonate with anyone, I'd rather no sound totally loony)

YES I AM! I've been rather grumpy for no apparent reason today (this doesn't happen these days either!) & just generally out of sorts. Everything seems to be just slightly out of allignment as far as work & other people go. My dog didn't do his business this AM. I ran out of weed. I've had absolutely 0 interest in doing anything I normally do & generally feel slightly annoyed today having to wait for everyone else to catch up. I feel like my body is an ill fitting cheep suit that I cannot wait to peel out of. I have NO sense of fear, worry or impending doom, only just an ongoing deep feeling of 'Let's Get This Thing Moving Already!... whatever 'This Thing' may be.

Thanks for posting this, also... I'm glad to know I am not the only one.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I too have felt an uneasy depressing feeling.... i am in no way a depressed person.... my life is good... job..money ect... but the overwhelming feeling of sadness is hard to ignore... something is defiantly in the air

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Anxiousness. Though that word does not really do it justice, It seems the closest I can come up with. For the past three to four weeks, it seems as though all emotions have been exponentially accelerating and then hit weightlessness. Like others have described here, like the driving force has suddenly quit. Best I can explain how it's been going for me. You definitely get a S&F for this one, for the simple fact that everyone here has helped me to put validity to what I've been experiencing.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Awwwww I love you guys and girls. You just need a hug.

If there's a change, embrace the positive flow.

I've just been dehydrated from the winter. Water and positivity are the key to fighting the winter blues.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I felt an energy shift a couple weeks ago, to the negative. I can only go by what I feel, but 2 nights ago I felt another energy shift out of nowhere, darker. I keep stuff to myself normally, but I did post on social media about 30 minutes after I felt the shift go darker. Came to work yesterday morning and a co-worker was complaining of strange things coming over her baby monitor in her 4 yr old daughter's room. Seem's everytime her daughter coughed there was a man's voice, very soothing and gentle. Couldn't make out what was being said. But, her daughter slept well and wasn't scared. She said she thought she was hearing things or going nuts til she read my post about energy shift and paranormal activity rising.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

In the 'real' world, I have had several people tell me how pissed off they are today and my day has been chaotic to say the least.

So no, you're not the only one.

I read today that a massive solar storm is predicted. I would expect it has something to do with that.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Star for you. I don't agree with you very often.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yes, I have been feeling it too, and so have the little ones. I have been feeling headachy and aggravated for a couple of weeks now, though I chalked up the headaches to the bug that we can't seem to get out of the house. The other odd thing that I have noticed is that smells have seemed to change, everything is just off. My little ones have been twitchy too. Young boys are always active, but this is different. Everyone is on edge and twitchy. My husband has even been doing yoga again after almost 3 years, something is bugging him too, or he wouldn't be getting up at 5 am to do so. It is all around us at the moment, he even brought up a paranormal experience that was shared by the whole family a couple of years ago, and wondered if it was happening again, and he has always been my skeptic. I don't feel that is the case right now though. I really don't know what's going on but thanks for the thread.

Edit to add: after I hit reply and went for more coffee, I remembered a conversation with a very old friend yesterday, she was supposed to call me a couple of weeks ago, I finally got ahold of her yesterday, and she apologized for not calling sooner. She said she has been in an unexplainable funk too, for about 2 weeks now. She doesn't read up on things like this, and barely even watches the news ( unless I bug her to check). It may not mean much, but that is one person completely removed from who is feeling it too.
edit on 6-2-2013 by woodsmom because: Someone else feeling it

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yes, varied feelings for the past few months...a definite feeling of "loss" and sadness...a kind of "heavy" feeling, as if my soul is weighed down. A lot of changes for me as well, with sleep and such. All my life, I have been an insomniac, now, sleeping way too much and almost every night, dreaming of friends and others I have known that have passed on. They always seem to be talking to me intensely about something but I can't remember upon awakening

A few nights ago, dreamt of a wizard looking fellow showing me symbols and asking me to indentify them and remember them. Pi was one that kept coming up over and over.

Strangely enough, my changes seemed to occur right after that stupid Mayan date/dealy. I know, it sounds like I may have been influeneced by it but I don't think so. I always felt it was a stupid thing to be concerned about so, I dunno. Feels like some kinda energy shift or something.

Lastely, I have bad feelings relevant to Texas and Louisiana for some reason. Louisiana has been through a lot lately and I live there so maybe it is just that but I feel like it is something more...hoping I'm wrong. Really strong bad feeling for those 2 places tho?

Also, the last 2 days, Texas and Louisiana has been having a dense fog problem and it has a very strange odor to it which adds to my concerns about the area. Folks here this weekend all seemed spacey, irritable and on edge as well...same as me.
edit on 6-2-2013 by shrevegal because: edit to add a thought and info.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hmm...that's weird. I was just talking to a friend about the same feeling. The last 2 days I've felt a huge amount of tension/anxiety/irritability and there is no direct cause for it. Interesting.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Over the past year or more, my anxiety level has slowly risen. I thought I was feeling subconscious universal nervousness about the 2012 apocalypse, but it hasn't abated yet.
I spend my days doing things to distract myself.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I read your thread. The one you linked to your reply in this thread. I have a couple questions, but am somewhat reluctant to ask. I don't really feel comfortable talking about certain things on ATS and the gray area between spirituality and actuality is one of them. I don't get to pick what I can possibly answer or feel like I might be able to explain, and even when I can, I'm very cautious and still feel weird and uncomfortable about it.

I don't think your experience defending your son was "real", insomuch as you really encountering a horde of, um, you know, those things. I think that was a simulation. Possibly to gauge your reaction to test the waters, so to speak, I'm not sure. Your actions most likely really happened, you know, your exertion actually took place, you went through all the motions, but what you were perceiving as a threat and fighting against, was a simulation. It was a sensory simulation. Very possibly to determine your reaction and boundaries, that's just what I feel like I'm understanding about it.

What you saw outside your window, you know, standing down in your yard or whatever, I think that was "real". Now, whether the form of it that you saw was "real", I don't know. I don't think that thing is directly related to the FBI men that came to your home, I'm almost certain it's not. Like, they are not working together, if that makes any sense, and I feel like a total retard for even typing this, I swear I'm not some crazy weirdo.

I think the doctor you feel an affinity for is a diversion towards associating comfort and an overall pleasant experience with, um, whatever it is that may be really happening.

edit on 6-2-2013 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2013 by stupid girl because: just trying to keep the basics and not divert thread with personal comments

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join