It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEATLES MYTHS : Fifty Years of Fact & ‘Fab’-rication

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

I'm not sold an Paul being an imposter.
Had he died in 1966 as your post says, there would have been a noticeable difference in their music. It would have gone downhill big time. He looks the same, sings and writes the same

As for Lennon, his life is easier to find conspiracies in.

Interesting thread. I appreciate all the work you out into it. I've not had a good look at all the posts yet.

edit on 4-2-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
If Paul was being played by an imposter, then he was a great musician. That imposter pulled off all those concerts, and live performances, and still no one noticed that wasn't the real Paul? Im abit fascinated by this theory of Paul being dead, but i just cant seem to believe it.

It is an interesting theory, yeah, but it doesn't fly for me. I'm a bass player, and when I see/hear Paul playing now, I know it's him. Sure, people can learn to play other people's songs, but it's impossible to mimic the person's style 100% and sound exactly like them. Blindfold me and put me in a room with Paul and some other bass player who knows the songs back to front and I can still tell when the real Paul is playing. Every musician just has a certain touch that nobody else can copy.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
As for Lennons death, it is simply another example of great musicians being taken from us before their time, like Freddie Mercury, Kurt Cobain, Jimmi Hendrix etc etc.

No it's not simply like Freddie or Jimmi's deaths. Freddie died of AIDS and Jimmi OD'd. John was murdered, altogether different.
Kurt supposedly committed suicide, and that story itself is a conspiracy, so maybe you could draw a correlation there.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Replacing Pete Best with Ringo has always rather baffled me.

The 'official' line was that Ringo was the better drummer - but it's not like they were looking for a budding Gene Kruper or Buddy Rich; come on, this was just an ordinary pop group playing undemanding, garden-variety 4/4 time pop.

What makes it more baffling is that Pete was much better-looking than Ringo (who had a dial only a mother could love, bless him).

Still more baffling is that they had to persuade Ringo to join.

He was in Rory Storm and The Hurricanes, whom no one has heard of now, but they were big news, back in the day.

Plenty of paid work, so naturally Ringo was reluctant to leave them.

I think jealousy played a part in the decision (I read that Best was the only band member to have a personal fan club!).

And I think, crucially, rejecting Epstein's advances.

Hell hath no fury like a queen scorned......

Would never happen today - image counts for everything.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

I wasn't making reference to how they died (of which I am fully aware), just that they were taken from us before their time, calm down laddy!

As for Cobain, I fully believe that skank was responsible for his death, either directly or indirectly.
edit on 4/2/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well, this is a fine thread and not what I expected. Congrats on a fun thread and on the work you put into it. On Ringo, I asked a genius bipolar woman I know who loves the Beatles to explain Ringo. Without hesitation she said "He's a necessary evil", which I 'got' instantly and it's the best reason I've heard for Pete Best having to go. If Best had stuck around he would have unbalanced the chemistry formed by the four Beatles. Ringo balanced it off perfectly.

I would love to meet Pete Best, and honor him for both what he did to push the Beatles forward and for his role in their history.

The Beatles (I think I read this in Rolling Stone or somewhere) made a quantum leap in music, something we haven't really seen since even though people may think we have. And they made that quantum leap every year for five years in a row!!!!!!!! They took people and the entire western civilization with them every year for five years in a row (well, other stuff was leaping about that time too, but they were the ones doing it in music). Nothing like them since, and maybe Elvis did it before them (Bing Crosby was the most popular singer in the world for decades, until Elvis dethroned him and then the Beatles pretty much put Crosby into the "antique" category - just eight or ten years after his brand of music was the "King" of its era).

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Was the original Paul secretly extracted from The Beatles in 1966, replaced by a double, brainwashed mercilessly until he doesn't remember who he is, and then plopped down in his own childhood home to work as a poor custodian? Is he fearful of touching a guitar or singing a tune because he's been conditioned that doing so would result in painful electric shock? You be the judge...

www.youtube.com...

I'll tell you, the 'official' Beatles history is full of as many lies as there are holes filling the Albert Hall. The OP's points are only the very tip of an enormous ICEBERG. You can research the hell out of it, but the true history of The Beatles is about as easy to determine as the true history of the CIA and British Intelligence. Good luck trying to get to the bottom of a bottomless pit.

Here's a fun project for you: loop that video of John Halliday Forthlin Road Custodian with the BeeGees track Holiday as a soundtrack. Who's "the puppet"???

edit on 4-2-2013 by switching yard because: to add

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Brilliant thread and tribute to a great British band, however, please don't tell me you buy in to the McCartney death/replacement bollocks.....

It has to be one of the worst conspiracies ever, the evidence, although intriguing, is ridiculous!

Unless McCartney had an identical twin, it's a load of cack!

I can't help but wonder how deeply you've really read into the "paul is dead" theories and evidence.

I will admit that it can be a tough issue to wade through, and that some of the "evidence" out there is grasping at straws. But it's like any other conspiracy theory.... Look around this place. You will see some theories that seem fairly plausible, with some solid evidence to back them up. And you will see other theories that are absolute tripe, with the thinnest of speculations behind them. Even if you look only at one given theory or idea.... some members will post convincing pieces of evidence, or reasonable speculations... while other members will try to stretch evidence to meet their ideas, and point to things which are barely relevant. It is similar with the PID thing. And if you only took a cursory look, or only listened to one or two people on the subject... you very well may have been entertaining one of the idiots without realizing there was something better to be found right around the corner.

As far as his playing style and musical abilities-- some actually are of the opinion that his abilities declined after 1966. I disagree with this-- I think Paul got better. However, I'm not sure how seriously I would take someone who said his writing style did not change. The last album on which the "old Paul" supposedly wrote and played was what... revolver? And the next? Sgt Pepper, of course. If you don't think Pepper was a major stylistic departure for the beatles, I'm afraid I'm wasting my time talking here, as you need a visit to the ear doctor, or shrink.

Furthermore, regarding the voice-- like the facial analysis presented by those two scientists in the Italian version of Wired magazine, several recordings of Paul's voice were run through a spectral analyzer, and were determined to not belong to the same person.

And I think it's funny that you say "unless he had an identical twin" because not only does the facial analysis done by those scientists disagree with your statement, but many people do not think "old Paul" and "new Paul" are identical. In fact, it wasn't just "pre 1966" and "post 1966" as I've sloppily suggested in my posts (for brevity and ease of reading). But we're talking about a difference in appearance between the end of summer 1966 (the last time the supposedly "original" Paul was seen) and Fall / Early Winter of 1966-- a visibly different appearance in a month or two.

If you look at pictures taken just a few months apart, Paul's face appears to be thinner and longer (You've been a naughty boy-- you let your face grow long...) The droop in his eyes somewhat different. His earlobes different (attached versus un-) and suddenly sporting a mustache. (There is a vid out there where you can see Paul from this period fixing what looks like a fake mustache.)

Paul was busted for pot in Japan. When this happened, there was supposedly an anomaly-- as allegedly his fingerprints did not match the prints that were on file from the Beatles' previous touring there. Not sure how true that one is-- though this "fact" pops up quite a bit.

Anyway--- maybe all of that stuff (and quite a bit more) is coincidence or explainable by some other, reasonable means. However, there are still many album and song clues which point toward "something" going on with the Beatles. Some have suggested that the "Death Clues" actually point to a symbolic, metaphoric death-and-rebirth. An initiation into the mysteries. Say what you like about "backmasking" but the Beatles were well-known to play with reversed sounds in their songs as far back as Revolver. The cover for Sgt. Pepper is almost inarguably supposed to be a funerary scene. And some of the instances of supposed reversed speech are quite interesting. Some are a bit muddy, and harder to hear... but you try making something which sounds like a snappy pop tune forwards, and yet contains a crystal-clear message when played backwards as well.

I'd say they just about pulled it off with the "Sgt Pepper Inner Groove."

Although it's minorly disputed what that says when played in reverse, (Forward it sounds like "Never could see / be any other way..." repeatedly) however, most of the guesses are similar enough. There is one which contains an obscene word, that I can't repeat here... but I find the other interpretation to be far more interesting: "We'll all be magick supermen." (repeated)

One youtube film-maker tries to tie this to a claim that The Beatles were students of Nietzsche and were trying to "usher in" the Ubermensch.

edit on 4-2-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

As for Lennons death, it is simply another example of great musicians being taken from us before their time, like Freddie Mercury, Kurt Cobain, Jimmi Hendrix etc etc.

No it's not simply like Freddie or Jimmi's deaths. Freddie died of AIDS and Jimmi OD'd. John was murdered, altogether different.
Kurt supposedly committed suicide, and that story itself is a conspiracy, so maybe you could draw a correlation there.
Jimi didn't die from an overdose.Do some research, because that is a myth, my friend.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
All of this just adds to the 'proof files' that Rock & Roll has only gone down hill since Buddy Holly Died!

Some of that though makes it's own (minor) conspiracy?

Payola anyone?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've read somewhere that many teams and music laboratories were behind their success, that was Soviet claim, I know nothing about that for sure ...

By the way, I had all of their albums, except Magical Mistery Tour... First LPs, later cassets, and discs... Now I have nothing of that...

edit on 4-2-2013 by dragnik because: additional text

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm not buying the whole "Paul is Dead" theory, but some of the other theories are worth investigating.

Plastic Surgery in the 1960's really wasn't at the level required to be able to do the sort of massive reconstruction that would have been required without massive scar tissue being apparent on the "new Paul".

Plastic surgery had only really been an option since the early 1940's, and was still a relatively rare thing to have done.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hello again everyone.

Hope you take this post for what is meant to be. Entertaining and fun to most people, and if you want to dig a bit deeper you will find that there is a lot more to the Beatles story than the sanitised version that is promoted by the surviving members and the wives these days. But make your own mind up what you believe

The next parts are all about the aftermath of the Beatles, there are still a few other stories to throw in another time.

But as I'm pressed for time tonight here goes with a bit more Beatles.. watch this space.>>>>>

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

BEATLES RE-UNIONS – THE 1970S

Ringo left the Beatles in 1968 during tense sessions for the White Album. George walked out not long after during January 1969 after a lunchtime spat with John. Both were eventually persuaded to come back. Paul was the one who caught the most headlines in April 1970 when a series of questions and answers accompanying his solo album McCartney proclaimed that he could not foresee a time when Lennon and McCartney would work together again and thus announced the end for the Beatles. Ironically the one who perhaps most wanted out was John. He’d stated in May 1969 he wanted to leave but for business reasons was persuaded to keep quiet.
The last time all four Beatles were photographed together was either Candlestick Park in August 1966, if you believe the Paul is dead stories or a photo session in August 1969 if you don’t.

They last recorded as a unit on August 20th 1969. The accepted end of the Beatles as a working band is sometime around April 1970 when a press release was included with McCartney’s self titled solo album containing a series of questions one of which confirmed he no longer saw the Lennon/McCartney partnership being able to continue.

On 31 December 1970, Paul McCartney filed a lawsuit against the other three Beatles in London's High Court for dissolution of the Beatles' contractual partnership, and subsequently a receiver was appointed. The legal process dragged on for years until a formal dissolution of the partnership took place on 9 January 1975.
However, for those who think that the Beatles never saw each other, worked with each other or recorded with each other until the 1990s Anthology then think again. Here are just some of the collaborations, reunion rumours and “get togethers” where two or more Beatles were present.

There has been much debate about the minutiae of the last meeting of four Beatles in a room together and the last time each Beatle was with John. Sept 16th – 20th .This is probably the last time all four Beatles were in room together for business meetings although it is uncertain exactly when. Tensions were already running high and George and John almost came to blows.

January - George, Paul and Ringo complete various overdubs for the forthcoming “Let it Be” album. John is notably absent.

17th March 1970 – Pattie Boyd’s party at Friar Park. Chris O'Dell claims this was the last time all four Beatles were together but other sources say he is mistaken and Paul or John (even both) did not attend.
Ringo plays drums on George’s first solo outing “All Things Must Pass”

George returns the favour by writing and playing on Ringo’s single. “It Don’t Come Easy” in 1971.
George plays on the majority of Lennon’s “Imagine” album although not the title track.
Ringo also plays with George at the Concert for Bangladesh in 1971 in New York. George invited both Paul and John. Paul declined as he felt he wasn’t ready for a Beatle reunion. John at first accepted and then realizing that Yoko was not welcome snubbed the event.

George plays on Ringo’s hit single “Back Off Boogaloo”

January 13- George and Ringo perform at Eric Claption’s concert at the Rainbow London.
Ringo plays drums on George’s “Living in the Material World”.
All 4 Beatles play on and write songs for Ringo’s self titled album. A Beatles re-union of sorts although there is no single track with all four Beatles playing on it.

John plays on the title track Ringo album “Goodnight Vienna”. Ringo drums on two tracks for George’s Dark Horse Album.

[size=-3]Last known photo of John and Paul circa 1974 in LA

March - Ringo and John begin to hang out together in LA. Paul and John jam together in LA whilst John is producing the Harry Nilsson album “Pussycats” in a totally forgettable session. Plans for Lennon to record on some tracks on McCartney’s next album “Venus and Mars” in New Orleans are talked of.

[size=-3]Last known photo of George and John in 1974

George and John appear on a radio station together - Radio KHJ 930 AM on 21st December 1974. This may well be the last time George met John in person.

Was the band considering a reunion during 1974? If not what do you make of this 1974 promo film for “Band on the Run” – Wings single that seems to be more of a Beatles one in the film?

continued below >>>

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

BEATLES RE-UNIONS – THE 1970S continued

19th Dec 1974 A pre-arranged meeting in the Plaza Hotel, New York for the four Beatles to sign the terms for dissolution of The Beatles earlier in the year was snubbed by John because the stars weren’t right, much to the annoyance of the other Beatles (although Ringo had remained in England after signing the papers earlier).
They were finally signed, and the Beatles dissolved by John, at the Polynesian Resort at Walt Disney World, Florida. Perhaps because he started the band and wanted to be the one who finally ended it.

March 24th, Paul throws a launch party for “Venus & Mars” aboard the Queen Mary, permanently moored at Long Beach Harbor, to celebrate the LP's completion. Among those in attendance was George Harrison.

John and Paul record (separately) on 3 tracks for Ringo’s Rotogravure album. John’s last studio recording is on June 12th 1976 before his retirement until 1980.
On April 24, 1976 Paul visits John in the Dakota and they both watch Saturday Night Live together. An offer for $3000 is made for the Beatles to come down and perform. They actually consider it for a moment but decide they are too tired.

April 25- Paul McCartney visits John Lennon at Dakota Apartments in New York City, New York. Paul bought along his guitar, arriving unexpected. John threw him out and it was probably the last time Paul saw John
May 9- George Harrison and Ringo Starr attended Paul McCartney and Wings concert at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Canada

Drum and Bass in 1976
Ringo joins Paul on stage at the end of the LA show on June 18, 1976 during his Wings Over America tour.

Date unknown. Allegedly the last time Paul sees John as they visit a French Restaurant together in New York. However this is contradicted by the Lennon Playboy interview of Sept 1980 and the McCartneys in 1984.

PLAYBOY: "Aside from the millions you've been offered for a reunion concert, how did you feel about producer Lorne Michaels' generous offer of $3200 for appearing together on 'Saturday Night Live' a few years ago?"

LENNON: "Oh, yeah. Paul and I were together watching that show. He was visiting us at our place in the Dakota. We were watching it and almost went down to the studio, just as a gag. We nearly got into a cab, but we were actually too tired."

PLAYBOY: "How did you and Paul happen to be watching TV together?"

LENNON: "That was a period when Paul just kept turning up at our door with a guitar. I would let him in, but finally I said to him, 'Please call before you come over. It's not 1956 and turning up at the door isn't the same anymore. You know, just give me a ring.' He was upset by that, but I didn't mean it badly. I just meant that I was taking care of a baby all day and some guy turns up at the door... But, anyway, back on that night, he and Linda walked in and he and I were just sitting there, watching the show, and we went, 'Ha-ha, wouldn't it be funny if we went down?' but we didn't."

PLAYBOY: "Was that the last time you saw Paul?"

LENNON: "Yes, but I didn't mean it like that."

Local Merseyside paper the Wirral Globe issues a story that the Beatles are to reunite and play a charity concert at the Tivoli theatre in New Brighton on April 1st close to the site of the now derelict Tower Ballrooms where they had played frequently in the early 1960s. The Tivoli theatre was long gone by 1978 as well!

May 19th George, Paul and Ringo all perform together at Eric Clapton’s wedding as well as allegedly charging guests for the privilege of a photo with 3 Beatles for a laugh (they made a 5 figure sum according to Ron Wood of the Stones). Lonnie Donegan allegedly paid a few quid for this shot at the party. Apparently John Lennon was not invited although afterwards was, for the first time in years, proud of his former bandmates for such a brazen stunt and lamented not being there.

Also in 1979 Paul McCartney set the wheels in motion for a Beatles reunion with a highly lucrative clause in a record label contract signed in 1979. The £6 million contract with CBS was not made public until 2005.The terms of the contract stipulated that McCartney must be allowed to record under the name 'The Beatles'.Lennon followed a year later with similar overtures to a Beatles reunion.

At the very end of the years rumours grow that the Beatles will reform and play at the Concert for Kampuchea after “Special Guests” are advertised on the bill. In the end only one Beatle, Paul and Wings turn up for their last concert.

Wings Last Flight

continued >>>>

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

BEATLES RE-UNIONS & MEETINGS 1980S

From "The Beatles After the Break Up” by Keith Badman.

"Sunday September 28........The tenth and final day of Playboy interviews takes place this morning during breakfast...............
Following the session with Playboy, John has another haircut and, along with Yoko, boards a plane for Los Angeles where they have arranged to meet George and Derek Taylor at Monty Python's concert at the Hollywood bowl. George gives John a copy, on audio cassette, of his latest album. Following the show George remains in LA while John and Yoko return to New York, arriving back in the early hours".

This is one of the most controversial pieces of minutiae of the Beatles story as Badman has been unable to verify his sources in recent years. The Pythons did play the Hollywood Bowl during this time slot as it is documented on film. However after Lennon’s death George stated it had been a couple of years (not months) since he had last seen John Lennon. Badman claims he gleaned the story from an American newspaper and possibly a couple of fanzines. He believes the meeting was very brief and perhaps little more than pleasantries were exchanged. However the story has never been proven to be true.

Ringo and John in a spooky last known photo

Ringo meets with John on November 28th 1980 to discuss recordings for his new album. John has two demo songs for him.

Also in November Lennon issues an affidavit suing the producers of "Beatlemania" citing his personal interest
regarding his future plans to involve himself with a Beatles documentary "The Long And Winding Road" (later renamed as: "The Anthology" along with a reunion concert as a tie-in to that project: Friday November 28, 1980.

"As part of a legal deposition for Apple Corps against the producers
of the 'Beatlemania' stage show, John states today that: 'I and the three
other former Beatles have plans to stage a reunion concert', an event
to be filmed and included as the finale to The Long and Winding Road,
an official Beatles produced documentary to be released in the
mid-Eighties.

Shortly afterwards John Lennon is murdered on Dec 8th 1980 in New York ending any hope of a real Beatles reunion.

Ringo and Paul play on and add vocals to George’s tribute to John “All Those Years Ago”. Paul and George write and play on Ringo’s “Stop and Smell the Roses album” although not together. Ringo declines to use the two John Lennon tracks that Lennon had written for the album, "Nobody Told Me" and "Life Begins At 40"
April 27- Paul and Linda McCartney, George and Olivia Harrison attended Ringo Starr’s wedding to Barbara Bach

1981 – 1984

Ringo and George Martin appear in the promo video for Paul’s Take It Away Single

Ringo plays on the next three of Paul’s solo albums “Tug of War”, “Pipes of Peace” and “Give My Regards to Broad Street”. He also appears alongside Paul in the much maligned “Broad Street” movie.

Ringo plays on George’s album Cloud Nine and can be seen in the video for “All Those Years Ago” alongside a bass player disguised as a walrus (who appears briefly with George and Ringo about 3 minutes in). One story is that Paul McCartney was keen to be in the video but wanted to keep stories of a Beatle reunion quiet and so dressed as the Walrus.

Although the official story is that Paul could not fit time in his calendar to work with George and Ringo there is some evidence to suggest it was all another case of the Beatles fooling us. Check out this interview of Paul on kids show Going Live from 1987. About 7:30 into the video he talks about being in one of George’s videos as a Walrus!

March 5th - George and Ringo appear together on Micheal Aspel show in the UK during a humorous and enjoyable interview.

January 20th - George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Barbara Bach, Yoko Ono, Julian Lennon, and Sean Lennon attended the Beatles’ induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City, New York. Paul does not show due to business differences.

continued >>>

edit on 4/2/13 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman

John Lennon had little regard for religion. His infamous comments in 1966 “Christianity will go, it will vanish and shrink. I needn’t argue about that. I’m right and will be proved right. You just wait.. . .We’re more powerful than Jesus ever was..”,

That quote is wrong.

It was : 'Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me.'

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by mirageman

John Lennon had little regard for religion. His infamous comments in 1966 “Christianity will go, it will vanish and shrink. I needn’t argue about that. I’m right and will be proved right. You just wait.. . .We’re more powerful than Jesus ever was..”,

That quote is wrong.

It was : 'Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me.'

Thanks for clarifying that. You are correct.

Anyway I had to attend to other matters for a few hours here comes the final part for tonight.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The beatles were satan-worshipping muslims, end of story. You won't convince me otherwise, no matter how many songs they sing about june bugs or whatever it is they sing about.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

BEATLES RE-UNIONS & MEETINGS 1990S ON

1993 -1996

All three surviving Beatles work together on the music and then promoting the Beatles Anthology. Free As A Bird and Real Love are released as “new” Beatles recordings. However mysteriously no 3rd new Beatles track is added to Anthology 3.

Ringo adds drums to Paul’s “Flaming Pie” album and co-writes “Really Love You”.

Paul and George play on Ringo’s “Vertical Man” album.

A Lennon demo recording, “Grow Old With Me” from the Dakota days is spruced up by George Martin for the Lennon Anthology boxed set with overdubs. Rumoured to have been one of the demos handed to the surviving Beatles for the Anthology project a very McCartney like bassline can be heard on the track despite remaining uncredited on the sleeve notes.

Paul and George travel to see the Cirque de Soleil Show in Las Vegas in preparation for the Beatles “Love” project. George sadly never sees the show come to fruition.

November 29th 2001 – George passes away peacefully. It is reported that both Ringo and Paul visited him together to say their goodbyes in his hospital room in Staten Island, NY in late Oct. 2001.

One of the last known pics of Paul, Ringo and George

Paul and Ringo appear together in the Concert for George along with many others.

Ringo is snubbed for the opening of Live 8 and does not play with McCartney and U2.

Ringo and Paul both play live together at a fundraiser for the David Lynch Foundation.

Paul appears on Ringo’s album “Y Not” and also at the end of Ringo’s 70th Birthday Concert on July 7th

2011 June 18th Paul McCartney's Birthday. Ringo is playing live at the Empire Theatre in Liverpool. Paul is at LIPA a short distance away. Does Paul joing Ringo on stage in their hometown to rapturous applause? No.

2012 – Paul and Ringo attend Dhani Harrison’s wedding.

Of course there are meetings that have been omitted. I simply couldn’t track all of them down and many remain unverified.

There are now only two Beatles. But the story still hasn’t ended.

I hope you found that of interest.

Feel free to add any Beatle stories of your own and I'll add a few more over the coming days.

Sources:

Beatles Anthology – CD, DVD and book
The Beatles After the Break Up – Keith Badman
books.google.co.uk...
The Walrus Was Ringo – Alan Clayton & Spencer Leigh
books.google.co.uk...
www.washingtonpost.com...
beaconfilms2011.blogspot.co.uk...
fab4radio.blogspot.co.uk...
courses.music.indiana.edu...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.mirror.co.uk...