It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just wondering if FEMA is actually helping New Yorkers. Is no news good news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have heard little about the plight of New Yorkers in the media since Sandy destroyed much of it. Is everything alright up there? Is FEMA doing a good job? I hear nothing on the news. Why is that? Can any New Yorkers give us updates? Do you all have electricity? Water? Services? I hope no news is good news. I would like the hear from you exactly how it is going.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
With New Yorkers being completely disarmed soon enough, they may be seeing LOTS of FEMA soon enough...

Free ticket to FEMA camps, they and their families. Reminds me of those poor folks lead to the German gas chambers many of years ago...
edit on 26-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Unfortunately, no news is no news. I live in upstate NY, not near the area affected by hurricane Sandy. However, I was listening to the Governor's State of the State address a few weeks ago. He was dismayed that it was taking so long to get federal assistance for all the damage done. I *think* in his speech it has taken 90 days to get any federal assistance.

Here's a little bit about his State of the State address regarding Hurricane Sandy:
www.silive.com...
cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ResistTreason
With New Yorkers being completely disarmed soon enough, they may be seeing LOTS of FEMA soon enough...

Free ticket to FEMA camps, they and their families. Reminds me of those poor folks lead to the German gas chambers many of years ago...
edit on 26-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

Scary times we live in my friend huh?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I just wondered because of the lack of news. With Katrina we were bombarded with news daily for a year. Nothing in the news on Sandy. I wonder about the implications of that, if any.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I lost my home to sandy and FEMA is doing nothing but giving people headaches. Hundreds of families are homeless. Many who have homes have no heat or electricity. A lot of people are suffering and it's very frustrating to us that this is not getting any coverage in the news.

FEMA red tape is astounding and they are about to toss homeless people out of hotels at the end of the month. They won't provide trailers because its a flood zone and NY leaders don't seem interested in helping either.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
I lost my home to sandy and FEMA is doing nothing but giving people headaches. Hundreds of families are homeless. Many who have homes have no heat or electricity. A lot of people are suffering and it's very frustrating to us that this is not getting any coverage in the news.

FEMA red tape is astounding and they are about to toss homeless people out of hotels at the end of the month. They won't provide trailers because its a flood zone and NY leaders don't seem interested in helping either.

I am so sorry to hear that. This should be in the media every day. There are good people in America who would gladly help. Unfortunately the media will not keep them informed of your plight due to their political agenda. They must protect this administration at all cost apparently. I don't know what i would do if i were in your position. Probably move south. We have jobs.We have decent government. We have "Right to work" states. We actually speak to each other even when we don't know each other. We wave to each other when our cars pass, even though we never met. There are no strangers where i live. These people care.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This reminds me, arent New Yorkers still waiting on the donations from 911 charities to go towards the families there who deserve it? As an ex-New Yorker (upstate) I dont recall them ever getting that assistance from that direction either. Shameful.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I just wondered because of the lack of news. With Katrina we were bombarded with news daily for a year. Nothing in the news on Sandy. I wonder about the implications of that, if any.

Simple. Obama is in the White House. The MSM is covering for him. If Romney had won the election, the media would be screaming bloody murder even though he would have been in office 6 days by now.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

I agree. This begs the question " Is the media entirely corrupt and completely irrelevant to society?" Why do we bother watching? They either lie for an agenda or omit for an agenda.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
About the only thing FEMA is good for, is supervising the removal of storm debris.

I have worked on the aftermath of 5 hurricanes.

It is the locals and states that do the yeoman's work.

FEMA just sets up to look like the Feds are doing something.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by JIMC5499

I agree. This begs the question " Is the media entirely corrupt and completely irrelevant to society?" Why do we bother watching? They either lie for an agenda or omit for an agenda.

Don't watch, unless you do to see what the other side is up to.

top topics

join