It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

54,000 Mexicans sign petition for US gun control

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by UnaChispa

true Juarez is an extremely dangerous place. However the difference of where I live to Juarez is the same as some in Atlanta being worried about Violence in New York.

Just because one city (and a small city) is a complete war zone, don't tar the rest of what is a beautiful and culturally rich country with the same sh**y brush

You must live in Baja then....

One city and a small city? Over half a million people in El Paso; Over a million in Juarez... Not sure if you have ever been to those cities, but it is basically one city....very 'beautiful and culturally rich', I might add.

The violence is everywhere. Might want to stop watching the Noticias, because mexican media is worse than american.

hellonearthblog.com

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I sent you a private. But will state here that I disagree with your view that the corruption in Mexico is anything exceptional, beyond being extremely visible and no one is taking the right steps to fix it (or in helping out, just the contrary).

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Think of the money the drug cartels could make if they could also supply guns to criminals in the US after a gun ban.

Think how easy it would be for the cartels to move right into the US like they have Mexico.

Anyone who believes the cartels are getting there RPGs, full auto weapons, and grenades from the US. has to remember there are terrorist groups that would gladly supply the cartels with these weapons just to cause the US government problems.

The cartels are not dumb and they would do anything for a profit.
including getting a bunch of people in Mexico to sign a petition.
edit on 15-1-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Nope I live in Guadalajara Jalisco. A city that is as modern and vibrant as any in then world, (I'm not Mexican, and very well traveled).

As I have said many many times, people need to stop judging mexico by what they see going on, along the border. It is not representative of the rest of the country.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Having read the article, the following can be stated:

Can we petition the government of Mexico for the following:

Due to the large number of illegale immigrants and undocumented people from their country that is in the us that they reimburse the money that is spent on these people to the US?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have 2 simple responses:

1.) When the Mexicans become US citizens, eligible to vote and are paying taxes, I MIGHT give a hoot what they think about our laws.

2.) Perhaps they should have a direct conversation with Obama and Holder for ILLEGALLY trafficking "assault weapons" to Mexican drug lords with ZERO oversight.

Beyond that, this doesn't even remotely qualify as "news".

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I.. i i I mean WTF!!!!!

First the war on drugs makes big money for their cartels and corrupt politicians. Then all the innocents are left defenseless through regulations. Then our government sends them tons of military hardware that just disappears...oops. Then the ATF forces a bunch of straw buys in some half-assed attempt to catch smugglers they had no way to catch. Then there are the nations all around Mexico in perpetual civil war trading in real military hardware from everywhere but the US.

But this is all my fault? I did this?

Seriously Mexico,more precisely those 54,000 #tards, # you.

Take care of your own house. End your stupid prohibition and let your people defend themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I find interesting that the government of Mexico that is nothing but corrupted anyway, dares to challenge the Us with a sign petition when we Americans should the ones screaming for them to stop their trafficking of drugs and illegal human flesh into our nation

What is their government doing about that?

No a darn thing, is better to blame others than take the responsibilities for failures themselves.

How peachy, I really don't give two rat arses of what they want.

And sadly I am Latina also.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Probably because it is the Americans that are buying all the drugs that are fueling the drug cartels?

Seriously? A lot of Mexico's problem is because of Americans.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by eXia7

Probably because it is the Americans that are buying all the drugs that are fueling the drug cartels?

Ah yes, our resident "Blame America first" and "Blame America always" member weighs in.

A lot of America's problems are because of Mexicans. See, anyone can do it - but it doesn't mean it's true.

Deny ignorance!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

reply to post by eXia7

Sure, America has a drug habit, but that is because of poor policy toward drugs. Throw in money and corruption, and you get what we see today. I mean, don't ignore the facts please.

I refuse to disarm because some other country disarmed it's public, and is now trying to make us do the same.
edit on 1/15/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Oh yes, lets blame every problem in the world on the US.
Seriously, people from countries all over come on here and blame everything on the US.
Do you think that Mexicans dont have a drug problem?
Did you know that the problem they have was so bad that they now allow a person to have a one days supply of formerly illegal drugs.
That means everything, Cocaine, Meth, Heroine...
edit on 1/15/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You know what would stop a lot of American guns from entering Mexico?

If the American GOVERNMENT would stop trafficking our guns down there.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Ah yes, our resident "Blame America first" and "Blame America always" member weighs in.

A lot of America's problems are because of Mexicans. See, anyone can do it - but it doesn't mean it's true.

You should know your members first before you try to typecast them. Now you just look silly to me.

Nothing worse than when a lazy conspiracist yells deny ignorance with absolutely nothing to back it up. But then ATS is nothing but lazy conspiracists these days.

First off, basic common sense will tell you that there isn't a border problem because Mexico is fighting with itself.

The amount of drugs seized at the Mexican border in 2009 in POUNDS:

Number of pounds of coc aine seized: 135,943

· Number of pounds of heroin seized: 2,015

· Number of pounds of marijuana seized: 4,330,475

· Number of pounds of methamphetamine seized: 6,135

link

CBP Seizes Less Than 1% of Drug Money Smuggled Into Mexico Across Southwest Border, Says GAO

The Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency over the last two years has seized about $65 million along the southwest border in illicit bulk cash being smuggled out of the United States.

link

Let me guess, it is the 30 million Canadians consuming all this, right?
edit on 15-1-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
most of those guns that go to mexico come from the GOV not private citizens.. Feel free to check into fast and furious..

of course mexicans dont want us to have guns, then we cant defend the texas border against them.

and lastly, who gives a # what mexico wants the US to do, I dont care what mexico does its not my place and its not mexicans place to dictate american law...

and on top of that, this comes from a place that is even more corrupt then the USA and doesnt even both to hide it, not the the US hides it much but atleast they try

edit on 15-1-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I really can't help but laugh my ass off. I mean REALLY Mexico? You guys outright banned guns. Look at your country now, It is a warzone, the Cartel runs it entirely, and the Murder rate is off the charts.

And you blame the United States? HAHAHA, and half your family hops a fence to live over here..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If guns are banned in USA, mexico will have buy their guns elsewhere and those guns, they will sell back to american criminals, in turn could have more control over those gangs.

Buy in pesos, sell in dollars, expand the territory.
I would make a petition too.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Us & mx are both corrupted & full of # .

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

You should know your members first before you try to typecast them. Now you just look silly to me.

Nothing worse than when a lazy conspiracist yells deny ignorance with absolutely nothing to back it up. But then ATS is nothing but lazy conspiracists these days.

First off, basic common sense will tell you that there isn't a border problem because Mexico is fighting with itself.

The amount of drugs seized at the Mexican border in 2009 in POUNDS:

Number of pounds of coc aine seized: 135,943

· Number of pounds of heroin seized: 2,015

· Number of pounds of marijuana seized: 4,330,475

· Number of pounds of methamphetamine seized: 6,135

link

CBP Seizes Less Than 1% of Drug Money Smuggled Into Mexico Across Southwest Border, Says GAO

The Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency over the last two years has seized about $65 million along the southwest border in illicit bulk cash being smuggled out of the United States.

link

Let me guess, it is the 30 million Canadians consuming all this, right?
edit on 15-1-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

Hey, thanks for playing. Feel free to grab a prize from the prize bin on your way out!

"There is no border problem..."

And of course Canadians don't use drugs - at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

How much do ya wanna bet the cast of mooovie stars from that Pledge video made the Mexicans sign it---at gunpoint.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join