It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Watch 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

New year brings a surge of flu deaths in Pennsylvania
www.pennlive.com...

Flu-related deaths in Pennsylvania shot upward during the week ending Jan. 5, the most recent period available. The Pennsylvania Department of Health said there were 18 flu-related deaths during the week, bringing the state total for the 2012-2013 flu season to 22. Most involved people who were 65 and older.

The health department said there were 4,256 flu cases reported during the week, an increase of more than 1,000 from the previous week. Because many people who have the flu don't get a lab test, the number reported to the state is considered to be only a fraction of the total.

www.pennlive.com...

Flu Watch 2013

Some of you might remember me from the Swine Flu Outbreak in 2008-2009...We can only hope this isn't round 3 of the older outbreaks associated with H1N1's Cousin H3N2.

In Pennsylvania, the most common strain by far is H3N2, which is associated with severe flu seasons as well as severe illnesses among the elderly.

In the week ending Jan. 5, 487 people were hospitalized because of the flu, up from 244 the previous week. Two of the 18 flu-related deaths in the week ending Jan. 5 involved otherwise healthy people under 50. There have been no flu-related deaths of children so far during this flu season, the health department said. There were 30 flu-related outbreaks at nursing homes, up from 21 the previous week. It's considered an outbreak when two or more residents of a nursing home have the flu. Flu outbreaks at nursing homes are noteworthy because of the flu's ability to spread quickly and the heavy toll can take on the elderly and people whose bodies are weakened because of illness.

Sacramento region reports two deaths from flu last month
DPH: 18 Flu Deaths In Massachusetts

Is there any consensus on us following leads on this newer outbreak?
edit on 1/10/2013 by Hx3_1963 because: Links and text added

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

All these theories are starting to fit together into a whole puzzle revealing the picture....Take Ventura as you will, but i watched a few previous episodes last night back to back, and unrelated as they were and older theories, started to add up....

The vaccination theory:

So the Flu 'scare' and vaccinations with soft-kill concept (real or not, don't care) to ensure the population turns for a 'cure' to the powers. Which either decreases population or inside the 'cure'/'vaccine' are other bad things...

Then you add the camps for whatever population is left.....

Of course, you have to take away the guns to ensure the population that is left can't fight back.....There is a lot more to this, just wanted to start drawing the lines from point to point.....I'm positive that others can and have drawn better lines to the scripted events we have seen in the last twenty or more years to the end game.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Get your vaccine, because it covers all three strands this year including the most prominent strand (Three kinds of influenza viruses commonly circulate among people today: influenza B viruses, influenza A (H1N1) viruses, and influenza A (H3N2) viruses; from the CDC). Wash your hands thoroughly and avoid people who already have the flu. Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Pennsylvania has a population of 12 million. Of that 12 million, 22 (mostly older and immune suppressed) citizens have died. Just some perspective.

Things you can do to protect yourself from the flu: avoid public settings when possible. Sambucus, garlic, oil of oregano, colloidal silver and echinacea are all good supplements to help you fight off the flu. Wash your hands often and thoroughly. Stay hydrated and eat good, wholesome, healthy foods, lots of fruits and vegetables. Take a vitamin daily. If you are sick, stay home! Don't spread the infection.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Flu season worst in a decade, H1N1 and H3N2 make appearances

The 2012-2013 flu season is one of the worst in 10 years, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC said the season hasn’t yet peaked and is nevertheless running five weeks ahead of its typical yearly schedule. Forty-one states are reporting widespread geographic influenza activity for the week of December 23-29, 2012, said the CDC on Jan. 4 -- an increase from 31 states the previous week. The proportion of people seeing their doctors for influenza-like illness (ILI) is above the national baseline for the fourth consecutive week, climbing sharply from 2.8 percent to 5.6 percent over the past four weeks, said the health agency.
...For those that call for "Vaccines", I urge caution, IMHO, earlier introduced "Safe Strains" used in Vaccines were just conduits for these newer deadlier ones and MOST Vaccines are like 85+% of "Other Thingy s"

I myself have had some "Creeping Crud" for months now, that defies conventional treatments...never ending Mucus is but one symptom.

WOW...really...9-11 ?!?
?!?

September 11, 2012: CDC Preparing for New Swine Flu – Should You?

According to the featured report by US News Health1, a new influenza A variant strain of swine flu, H3N2v, has been identified in children and adults recently in direct contact with pigs at country fairs. The CDC case count of detected human infections in the US with the H3N2-variant currently stands at 154.
According to the CDC3, the swine-origin H3N2 influenza virus the two young children became infected with last year was a new "reassortment" virus variant that contained "genes of the swine-origin influenza A (H3N2) virus circulating in North American pigs since 1998 and the 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus that might have been transmitted to pigs from humans during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic."

Six months later, the FDA selected the H3N2 influenza A virus strain to be one of the three strains included in this year's seasonal influenza vaccine, along with the pandemic H1N1 influenza A virus strain and an influenza B strain (B/Wisconsin1/2010-like virus). According to the US News Health media report:

"The reason the CDC is concerned about this particular virus is that it contains an element seen in the pandemic 2009 swine flu strain, H1N1, which may make it more likely for the virus to spread from person-to-person," US News Health reports.4

"All 29 cases were infected with strains of H3N2 'that contained the matrix (m) gene from the influenza A H1N1 pandemic virus,' Bresee explained. 'This 'm' gene may confer increased transmissibility to and among humans, compared with other variant influenza's viruses.'

Why is This New Pig Virus in the 2012 Seasonal Flu Vaccine?

According to an August 13 press release by the US Food and Drug Administration5, the 2012-2013 influenza vaccine formulation for all six manufacturers licensed to produce and distribute the vaccines in the United States will contain the following formulation:

A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)-like virus
A/Victoria/361/2011 (H3N2)-like virus
B/Wisconsin/1/2010-like virus.

The big question is whether the mass use of H1N1 influenza vaccine in the U.S. in the 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 flu season somehow contributed to the re assortment of the swine-origin H1N1 and H3N2 influenza A viruses to create the new variant H3N2 influenza viral infections detected in the past year. I don't have a solid answer to this question, but it's worth at least considering...
There are inactivated, injectable vaccines, and live virus, inhaled vaccine. Live viruses in vaccines are shed for a period of time in body fluids6, so live influenza vaccine strain viruses could theoretically recombine with other influenza viruses to create new variant versions.

Multiple Faux Pandemics "In the Works"?

This new swine variant virus isn't the only contender for the next pandemic. Just last month I wrote about renewed fears about the bird flu virus, H5N1 – yet another animal virus that doesn't easily spread among humans, but is feared to have the capability to mutate and give rise to a human pandemic.
While it's prudent to be aware that influenza viruses can be transmitted between animals and humans and a pandemic could occur, what we've repeatedly seen is that this slim possibility is massively over-sold, allowing drug companies to rake in billions of dollars for inadequately tested vaccines and other dangerous and/or ineffective anti-viral drugs.
In recent years we've seen a number of media hyped flu pandemics that never materialized. Sadly, each time a greater number of people ended up being harmed by the drugs and vaccines than died from the "pandemic" virus:

edit on 1/10/2013 by Hx3_1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Just putting up some more material about the Flu season this year. It appears to be gathering steam, and could be an outbreak to keep an eye on?

Flu epidemic could be the worst in a decade as Boston declares state of emergency and Chicago hospitals turn away ambulances

U.S. experiencing what is shaping up to be the worst flu outbreak in a decade with 20 children dead
Boston has had a ten-fold increase in the number of cases compared to last year
At one stage 12 Chicago hospitals were so swamped that they were turning patients away
Elsewhere hospitals are taking extra precautions including limiting visitors or setting-up tents in their parking lots

As some have already mentioned. The best defense against the Flu is to stay home if you are sick, wash hands frequently, cover your month when coffing and sneezing, get plenty of vitamin C, stay hydrated, and keep your hands away from your face as much as possible. Oh yeah, there is the vaccines that the doctors and pharmeceutical companies are pressing people to get as well. Just be careful out there!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
NO vaccine for me,
After listening to a few educated seasoned doctors and nurses that have proof
vaccines can do more permanent damage than a flu,, I will pass

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Guys don't forget the fact that the current Vaccine is about 62% effective...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
Get your vaccine, because it covers all three strands this year including the most prominent strand (Three kinds of influenza viruses commonly circulate among people today: influenza B viruses, influenza A (H1N1) viruses, and influenza A (H3N2) viruses; from the CDC). Wash your hands thoroughly and avoid people who already have the flu. Simple as that.

Please post your sources and links for the above statement or it is just hearsay.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

From your link provided here is a quote
"What sort of flu season is expected this year?

Flu seasons are unpredictable in a number of ways. Although epidemics of flu happen every year, the timing, severity, and length of the epidemic depends on many factors, including what influenza viruses are spreading, whether they match the viruses in the vaccine, and how many people get the vaccine. Influenza activity began relatively early compared to recent seasons during the 2012-2013 season. Weekly influenza activity reports (called FluView) are published each Friday."

It looks to me like it is all up in the air and nothing is certain.....except many toxins in the shot you beg us to get.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2013 by OpenMindedMommy because: Not a well thought out post.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm new here and I cannot start a new thread yet let me know if i'm doing something wrong, but I thought this is interesting! This is on yahoo but if searched many links come up!

search.yahoo.com...=A0oG7uANxAJRAFgAb45XNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'E1amo4NnFsBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDIwMF8yMTI-/SIG=13pq0glq9/EXP= 1359164557/**http%3a//www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/pandemrix-swine-flu-narcolepsy-vaccine-europe_n_2525192.html

Here is a different link!

swine flu vaccine connect to 800 narcoleply cases!

insight-evidence-grows-for-narcolepsy-link-to-gsk-swine-flu-shot
edit on 25-1-2013 by offmyrocker because: I suck at copy and paste well the whole computer thing i guess.....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

New Bird Flu Kills Two Chinese: First Ever Human Casualties From H7N9

Two men in Shanghai are the first humans to die from H7N9, a strain of bird flu that has previously not been reported affecting humans, said Chinese authorities on Sunday.
According to the Associated Press, China's National Health and Family Planning Commission reports a third person who has been infected and is in critical condition in the province of Anhui nearby.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

Do not get the crap that's going around right now. The upper respiratory hack produces nothing. But coughing is triggered by what feels like quivering fingers running up and down the wind pipe. The best advice is just what say Myth. Avoid the hell of that crap and wash your hands often. If you do get it ? I used Nyquil, not the generic. And of course my old stand by, onions. That's how I beat it into submission but it still clings as with everyone I know who had it. The crap won't go away as I know people who have had it for months. I got past the bad part faster than anyone I know. The only thing I did different was the onions.

I will always refuse to vaccinate. I'd rather take my chances.
edit on 2-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'l post this here,

New strain of bird flu infects 4 in China
Chinese authorities reported four new cases on Tuesday of a strain of bird flu previously unknown in humans that has already killed two people. The four new patients in the eastern Jiangsu province and a woman in Anghui province were in critical condition, Xinhua said. The four patients in Jiangsu were reportedly aged between 32 and 83 and only one 45-year-old woman had worked in the market slaughtering poultry. The two deaths were men in Shanghai aged 87 and 27 who fell sick in late February, Reuters reported. The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Monday there was no evidence that the H7N9 strain could be transmitted between people, but it is investigating the outbreak.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

WHO: H7N9 virus 'one of the most lethal so far'

www.cnn.com...

Hong Kong (CNN) -- As the death toll from China's bird flu outbreak rose to 22 with news of another victim in eastern Zhejiang Province, the World Health Organization warned the H7N9 virus was one of the most lethal that doctors and medical investigators had faced in recent years.

"This is an unusually dangerous virus for humans," Keiji Fukuda, WHO's assistant director-general for health, security and the environment told a news conference in Beijing Wednesday.

"We think this virus is more easily transmitted from poultry to humans than H5N1," he added, referring to the bird flu outbreak between 2004 and 2007 that claimed 332 lives.

"Lethal" H7N9 bird flu from China reaches Taiwan

www.cbsnews.com...
Great....if it's not one thing it's another, wonder where this will go?
edit on 4/24/2013 by Hx3_1963 because: Added Link

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

jan 17th 2014
A friend of mine died yesterday. He was healthy and 33. He called his dad said he was having trouble breathing and was dead when his father got there.

That is the second similar case here in eastern KY, but I knew this one personally.

It was said to be the flu, and has me considering the flu shot (not that I am anti vax, but I've done well enough without them).

I am not spamming, but I am going to repost this in a few threads since I can't add much and it's my own personal experience. I think most people that know me around here know I don't post hysterics or nonsense.
edit on 17-1-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I'm not sure how much protection the flu shot is going to give you. I had H1N1 in December. (no flu shot). I wasn't diagnosed until my third day in the hospital. The same respiratory therapist who was with me for over a hour my first day in the ER was there on my fifth day.

She didn't get the flu shot and I didn't give her the flu. We were in the same room with me coughing all over her.

This "flu" is very different than regular illnesses.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Yeah.. I read about another woman who died near here in the last week or so. She died of h1n1 and had had the shot that covered it. She was 31.

Very strange.

top topics

join