It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video on Mythical Sea Serpent - Ogopogo - Kelowna, BC. Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Live footage and interview on the person who seen and filmed the mythical Ogopogo on his digital video, shot on August 9th., 2004.
The mythical sea seapent has been folklore in the Okanagan resort of Kelowna, BC, Canada since the early 1900's.

Here is an exerpt of the interview...

"At about 7:30 in the morning, something passed underneath our houseboat to the point that it woke us up. That got our attention so we looked out the window and we saw what appeared to be a wave but it didn't seem to go anywhere."

That's when Casorso grabbed his digital camcorder and starting shooting what appears to be a series of humps in the water that stretch over a large distance.

"At about 7:30 in the morning, something passed underneath our houseboat to the point that it woke us up. That got our attention so we looked out the window and we saw what appeared to be a wave but it didn't seem to go anywhere."

Video and Interview

interview

video

Comments

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
That short? Looks to me like they could have filmed alot longer, it didnt go away... That makes it dubious and once again inconclusive whether it really was something alive or not.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It's certainly an interesting video. The focus never quite gets there so it's impossible to see the movement action clearly. I liked the way he zoomed in and back out so you get an idea of the size. It appears huge as far as pure length goes. I don't think this would constitute "irrefutable evidence" but it could be genuine.

doctorduh

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
damn video wont work. Havew to wait till I get home. interested to see this. How big wold you say this creature was?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disaster_Boy
damn video wont work. Havew to wait till I get home. interested to see this. How big wold you say this creature was?

Hard to say, since there is no other reference than a city in the background and we dont know how zoomed it is.

I only wish he could hold the damn camera still, from the reflection it looks like its moving but its so hard to see.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It doesn't appear to "roll" as a wave or wake from a boat would do, but the movement from the camera doesn't help substantiate that. It seems to be extremely long though, maybe 100 ft. or more, hard to judge. Unfortunately, I'm sure that there's more video that ends up showing that it's a wave, that's why they're only linking a few seconds. If the other video were made available showing the object slip under the water or something, then I think it would an amazing piece of footage, otherwise it's pretty inconclusive.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It's the wake from a boat that has recently gone by. That is exactly what it looks like and there are tons of videos that contain it. That guy said it all when he said there were only a few seconds worth. They clipped out the part where you can ACTUALLY tell it's a wake from a boat.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax
It's the wake from a boat that has recently gone by. That is exactly what it looks like and there are tons of videos that contain it. That guy said it all when he said there were only a few seconds worth. They clipped out the part where you can ACTUALLY tell it's a wake from a boat.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, doesnt a wake from a boat has two "tails"?

I would like to see this video frame for frame, but its in crappy wmv format

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
the second wake could be farther in the distance and, therefore not visible.

a more important question, in my mind, is if this thing was on the surface, why didn't they tape the head? it would have been damned close to the surface and probably visible. or the tail, which might have even come out of the water.

He certainly sounds calm while he's video taping. If I was taping a mythical creature, I'd sound a bit less like a corpse.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Dang! I can't see it...the video is all blue static
anyone with any stills?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
the second wake could be farther in the distance and, therefore not visible.

a more important question, in my mind, is if this thing was on the surface, why didn't they tape the head? it would have been damned close to the surface and probably visible. or the tail, which might have even come out of the water.

He certainly sounds calm while he's video taping. If I was taping a mythical creature, I'd sound a bit less like a corpse.

That's a pretty big wake in very calm water, the second trail should definetly be noticable, or the wake wouldnt be that big (ie it would have been longer since the boat passed).

But I did notice something fun in the beginning, lol.

"Hey look it"
(quiet sound) "A boat just drove by"
"No look it"

Its still hard to say though, cant get pass the fact its too short and too shaky. I think my final conclusion is:

If its a wake, it looks kind of wierd. That girl has a point when she says its "grumpy" or whatever, a wake would be fairly smooth. The top appear to have small bumps.

If its a sea serpent, it does a pretty good job at looking like a wake.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
on a second viewing, here's what I noticed. At the very end of the clip he pans to the right. The "serpent" is no longer bumpy.

I'm going with wake.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The video isnt working for me can someoen be so kind as to post some stills from it?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Rather hard to tell, if he would hold the video still, I might be able to say but to much movment for me to tell anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I do have stills from this video clip but have no idea on how to post them on here. Any Help?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
looks ALOT like the wake of a boat. The boat passed a while ago and he is filming one of the wakes as it moves away from the direction of the camera...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Worst.... Foootage... Ever!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Interesting video too bad it does not last longer.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I live in Penticton B.C.

Basically at the other end of Lake Okanogan from where that video was taken.

I believe that the film taker has a longer version, but for some reason I heard he was holding onto it for now. I would think that he�s trying to get onto T.V. shows and such as another fellow form Peachland B.C. has done (His name is Dan, and is now the head of the Okanogan Crypto group Dans Ogopogo Site )

I�ve seen this video and it to me looks a wave too. But one thing that strikes me is that his video looks like Dans videos above. And Dans videos look like other videos from years past... So my conclusion is either there are "rogue" waves that travel in a straight line as opposed to a 'V' formation as most boat wakes move. See the things that strike me about these "rogue" waves or Ogopogo sightings are that they seam to move in a rolling formation. Suggesting that they are waves that are moving in a 'V' formation, with out are symmetrically even wave to the opposite side of the wave or sighting in question.

I�m not sure what is on these videos, but I wont be convinced its Ogopogo unless he pops his head out of the water. Plain and simple.

I�ve been looking for Ogopogo for all my life and never seen anything questionable... But my Mother and Brother both say they saw something in that lake on a perfectly calm morning going to Baseball in Kelowna. They didn't have a camera, so I have no proof, but it adds to the mystery for sure as they just don�t lie to me about these things. If I ever get anything on camera, I'll post here first!!!

[edit on 11/5/04 by HumptyDumpty]

top topics

join