It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pillars of Gobekli Tepe...an explanation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt

how does we makes it wurk precious...

... there must be an activator or 'trigger' ...a way to initiate the process. A string of vocalized vibrations perhaps. Or possibly even as simple as acquiring an energy source capable of powering, and equally as important - sustaining such a vortex...

I am continually fascinated with 'crystals' and the unique properties associated with each individually. I also noticed in both images of the "Dorje" - they appeared to be non linear, curved rather... symmetrical perhaps, but if so curved - this could then lead themselves to be 'parabola creators' if placed / held properly. In such a way and in a space as to be free of obstructions in the parabola curve to allow said parabola to connect with each of its own ends: now creating a diameter, or 'circular doorway' if you will... That would be how I envision the setup - yet still need a power source to activate...

[color=RED]ThatGuy45
edit on 10/1/13 by ThatGuy45 because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuy45

In tradition this is the weapon of choice of storm Gods, the power is electrical discharge, lightning, or that was the best comparative they could come up with.

Having said that if you look at the Tibetan pre-Buddhist representations on the rock art the cute little alien type figures the Dorje is associated with look anything but martial storm Gods

Here's a very good webpage on the Indian equivalent, the Vajra of Indra,

Vajra of Indra.

The Vajra is the quintessential symbol of Vajrayana Buddhism, which derives its name from the vajra itself. The Sanskrit term vajra means 'the hard or mighty one', and its Tibetan equivalent dorje means an indestructible hardness and brilliance like the diamond, which cannot be cut or broken. The vajra essentially symbolizes the impenetrable, immovable, immutable, indivisible, and indestructible state of enlightenment

The Vajra then is associated with pure light that is impenetrable and indestructable, pure energy. The earliest referances are in the earliest writings, those of the Sumerians, were the thunderstorm weapon displays many remarkable abilities, such as flying, speaking, gathering intelligence, as well as general zapping of foes...

Sumerian Flood Storm weapon

reply to post by Lazarus Short

The term uncivilized needn't neccesarily imply that a culture was less advanced in technology or behaviour, it simply indicates they didn't live in a city and have civil strata of administration and organisation.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Star & Flag

Great research and explanation! I am just becoming familiar with this site. Found out about it outside of ATS and then was happy to find your refreshing outlook on it and very pleased this thread is semi-new. I love where this is going. Got a question.

Where are the buzzards?

Sky burial is an interesting concept.

This part stood out to me on wiki:

The reliefs depict lions, bulls, boars, foxes, gazelles, donkeys, snakes and other reptiles, insects, arachnids, and birds, particularly vultures. (At the time the shrine was constructed, the surrounding country was much lusher and capable of sustaining this variety of wildlife, before millennia of settlement and cultivation resulted in the near–Dust Bowl conditions prevailing today.)

Vultures also feature prominently in the iconography of the Neolithic sites of Çatalhöyük and Jericho; it is believed that in the early Neolithic culture of Anatolia and the Near East the deceased were deliberately exposed in order to be excarnated by vultures and other carrion birds. (The head of the deceased was sometimes removed and preserved—possibly a sign of ancestor worship.) This, then, would represent an early form of sky burial, as practiced today by Tibetan Buddhists and by Zoroastrians in India.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think we have to consider a worldwide lost civilisation
call them what you like, but Graham Hancock, Robert Bauval, Robert Schoch and many others all come to around the same date of a world wide cataclysm around 11000bc - 10000bc
theres too many links
Gobekli Tepe is another one
i didnt realise on some pillars there are arms, hands, and fingers on the pillars
and they are way too similar to the Moari statues of Easter Island and figures in Mesoamerica
they all had a certain amount of knowledge that they kept a hold of after the devastation
they were spread to all four corners
its so easy to see
Viracocha, Quetzalcoatl, Osiris are all said to have brought civilisation to the peoples and on and on......
we still do this today with dieties
watch Zeitgeist, its a good starting point

it opens your eyes
there is only one true GOD, he/she can be and is anything and everything. its the all, its the one
everything is linked
universal consciousness
NDE's, the Afterlife
spirit, consciousness, awareness.
mind body soul
light and dark
ting and yang
as above so below etc etc etc
research it, study it.
Approach it with an open mind, the Egyptian book of the dead isnt just some paranoid, misunderstood spells and passwords.
I could keep going with this rant but i feel i will confuse everyone if i havnt alredy.

i apologise to all who have read my post ahead of time.
i can see peoples forheads creasing up thinking "WTF?"
sorry again if im not making sense, take it as you wish

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm expecting that at any moment any day now, OP is going to find a key, or some combination that will unlock an enigma and introduce us to some prediluvian ancestor who's civilization, was advanced even beyond that of the present day. All will be revealed, most likely do to people like Kantzveldt.

SnF
edit on 9-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This thread is nothing short of amazing. I am entranced by fascination of the information and manner in which OP and others have shared it. S+F

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Source www.ubthenews.com...
Gobekli Tepe Report

Review
Addtional Links

You can purchase a Kindle copy for $2.99 by clicking here.

Please contribute whatever you can to support this effort. Every bit helps. Thanks.

To view a .pdf file for easier reading and printing:
Click here.

Prepared by Halbert Katzen, J.D.
[Updated 10/26/11]
Gobekli Tepe Summary

In 1994, almost forty years after The Urantia Book’s 1955 publication, excavations began at the Gobekli Tepe archaeological site in Turkey. The Gobekli Tepe site already reveals 50 engraved stone monoliths, some of them dating back to 12,000 years ago, that are at least 6,000 years older than Stonehenge and the Egyptian pyramids. A full excavation to the bottom of the site has not yet occurred, and only a small percentage of the site has been uncovered. The evidence suggests that the complex of round rooms with two especially large pillars in the middle were built for religious rather than practical purposes. Gobekli Tepe is widely acknowledged as one of the most important and mysterious archaeological sites in the world. The two main mysteries surrounding Gobekli Tepe are:

1) How did people this primitive cut, carve, move, and build with enormous stones in excess of 15 tons? The artifacts are inconsistent with prevailing theories about the development of civilization because every place else in the world, where ancient civilizations have built structures with enormous stones, there is also evidence of settled communities that practiced herding and agriculture. Prevailing theories about this region suggest that around 11,000 years ago, primitive man was just beginning to evolve from being a hunter-gatherer to a herder-farmer.

2) Why did this civilization decline over a period of several thousand years and then intentionally bury the site around 10,000 years ago? One of the peculiar aspects of the construction and art at Gobekli Tepe is that both become less refined over time. The older structures are significantly larger and more ornately decorated. There are clear indications that the site was intentionally buried but nothing to indicate why.

The Urantia Book answered these questions forty years before we discovered this mysterious site existed. The history of humanity provided by the authors of The Urantia Book recounts that a genetically superior and well-developed herder-farmer civilization existed in this area over 30,000 years ago. They also explain why this particular civilization experienced a prolonged genetic degradation and, therefore, cultural decline. Additionally, The Urantia Book says that, due to population pressures, inferior and more barbaric tribes drove out this more peaceful and advanced civilization.

Adding powerfully to the intrigue of this report is its relationship to the Adam and Eve Report and the Garden of Eden Report. These two reports also happen to reveal some of the most impressive corroborations of Urantia Book history documented so far by UBtheNEWS. The story of Adam and Eve in The Urantia Book is significantly different from the one found in the Old Testament and centers around a major genetic change that occurred 38,000 years ago. Starting with the Adam and Eve Report provides some background on the genetic issues that are relevant to this report; however, it is not necessary to read that one first in order to understand this one.

edit on 6-5-2013 by eli9x because: font size

edit on 6-5-2013 by eli9x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I am originally from Turkey. Gobekli Tepe first of all means endowed belly.Endowed either means plump/ well nourished, pregnant, or with belly. There is a significant amount of indication from the carvings that it was about fertility, abundance.Most of the animals have their genitals on display or there are multiples of them. The fact that there are so many layers, pregnant with years of fertility rituals, is interesting. The nearest town is Urfa, which is worth looking into. One thing I have found interesting is that the Turkish people have quite intriguing beliefs, as although my Grandfather moved from Alexandria to Urfa, they then moved to north Turkey, near Izmit. I have been studying the region there, and there was a settlement from the nomads, inland from the black sea. This may have come later, however the nomads did travel, and they may have been doing so since the closing of the ice age. The nomads believed in a religion called Tengria, Tengriism (Tanricilik).
wiki on Tengrism:

Khukh and Tengri literally mean "blue" and "sky" in Mongolian and modern Mongolians still pray to "Munkh Khukh Tengri" ("Eternal Blue Sky"). Therefore Mongolia is sometimes poetically referred to by Mongolians as the "Land of Eternal Blue Sky" ("Munkh Khukh Tengriin Oron" in Mongolian). In modern Turkey Tengriism is also known as the Göktanrı dini, "Sky God religion",[9] Turkish "Gök" (sky) and "Tanrı" (God) corresponding to the Mongolian khukh (blue) and Tengri (sky), respectively.

strangely, 80% of the rituals that the Turkish people perform are from Tengria. The nomads had been roaming for sometime since the ice age meltdown, and they moved across, towards the north americas. My husband is from just little up north from Gobekli Tepe, from Ekinozu. not much changes in the way of cultural change in this part of the region. As per substances, Ekinozu locals chew Maras (Kahramanmaras) weed to date.
Below is an article:
Nicotiana Rustica (Tobacco) , known in South America as Mapacho, is a plant in the Solanaceae family. It is a very potent variety of tobacco. The high concentration of nicotine in its leaves makes it useful for creating organic pesticides.
Rustica is also used for entheogenic purposes by South American shamans. Growing in the rain forest it contains up to twenty times more nicotine than common North American varieties such as N. tabacum. Other reasons for its shamanic use are the comparatively high levels of MAOI beta-carbolines, including harman and norharman.[2] Most commonly, it is allowed to soak in water, and the water is then insuflated; it is also smoked in cigars and used as an enema and as an anthelmintic effective against tapeworm infections. In the east of southern of Turkey, people use this herb and ashes of some tree bodies to make a snuff called "Maras Otu". They use this putting under either of the lips like Swedish snus. It is also a common admixture of Ayahuasca in some parts of the rain forest.Nicotiana rustica is easy to grow. These beautiful plants can grow up to two meters.

A quote "The only women allowed to smoke makutse(maras weed) are shamans, or training to be shamans" ref: People of the Peyote: Huichol Indian History, Religion, & Survival.
There are stories of these peoples waiting for deities to arrive on hills, for guidance.

This tobacco has the effects of MDMA with high nicotine content.So. Yes they would have had some pretty amazing experiences. I will research local Turkish websites, especially (Sanli)Urfa and add more if anything sounds relevant to this thread.

As per Easter Island, I think it is the tip of the iceberg. I wonder what is beneath the pacific ocean, and under the rain forests in south america? I now live in Australia. Might have to research some local sites to share.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Jita9 because: typo

edit on 29-7-2013 by Jita9 because: add

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

The "explanation" to Göbleki Tepe could be very simple, or complicated.

Two theories comes to mind, shamanic, astronomic, or both. Both sit well with me in any case. The 'design' of Göbleki Tepe is probably a result of their cosmological world-view. What that consisted of I do not know, since we have very little contemporary comparative data or knowledge from this time period.

Personally, I'm tempted to draw a parallell to the Talaiotic Culture in Menorca, because of the edifices and Taulas they left behind:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The problem here is of course bridging the 9 millenniums between the two cultures and find common denominators, which is far from evident.
It does however appear to me that there are connections between the two cultures, so they could be there.

Since Göbleki Tepe was buried through the ages until recently, it cannot be a question of architectural copycat.
This way of building meant something to them.

Archaeologist Michael Hoskin speculates that some Taulas of Menorca are astronomically aligned, but he also theorizes that they were 'healing stones':

adsabs.harvard.edu...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by Kantzveldt

Gobekli Tepe is the early Neolithic period, circa 11,000 years ago, they don't get classed as a civilization...

Well, why not? Maybe no cities have been found, but the "T"-shaped columns with a horizontal line to delineate the upper bar, suggests a long history of post-and-lintel construction. Maybe not a civilization according to our standards, but why should we judge such a society as uncivilized? "Civilization" 11,000 years ago - I think the establishment is just not willing to make the stretch...

It's not a value judgement, just a definition.

"Civilization" is just an Anthropological term with an agreed-upon definition (not exactly "agreed upon," in fact.)

There is no Anthropological term "uncivilized." That's a value judgement.

The builders of Gobekli Tepe are not classified as civilized because, among other reasons, there's no evidence of any division of labor, leisure time, or written language (these are only three of several conditions utilized by the definition of "civilized" in Anthropology.)

Again, please note that a civilization need not act "civilized" in order to be classified as a civilization. The Aztec Civilization used to rip the beating hearts out of people for sacrifice to prevent the end of the world. Is that "civilized?"

Harte

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Just to add some kerosene to the discussion on another board someone is promoting the idea that GT was actually the basis for the Babylonian Hanging Gardens.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Just to add some kerosene to the discussion on another board someone is promoting the idea that GT was actually the basis for the Babylonian Hanging Gardens.

A ridiculous idea, since GT was buried and forgotten long before even the Ubaidians came on the the scene in Mesopotamia.

Harte

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Hanslune

A ridiculous idea, since GT was buried and forgotten long before even the Ubaidians came on the the scene in Mesopotamia.

Harte

Yep an idea without merit indeed, but ask Bryd about it when she shows up next.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Not seen those claims but Andrew Collins talks on Gobekli Tepe are well worth a hearing... he proposes that Sanilurfa nearby .... is actually the Biblical Ur of the Chaldeans and that the Sabians of Harran were the peoples who descended from the Anatolians, who founded the world's most ancient temple

More & more archaeologists are turning their attention to Ancient Anatolia in South East Turkey/Armenia as a place of huge significance in the history of civilisation.

The fact that soul holes have been found at the site interested me as the belief in an immortal soul needing to escape the body after death is found right across the globe right down to today by almost all religions...bar 1 that I know of...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I will tell you the most important thing about the whole site - they are not uncovering the other 95% of the site for specific reasons, not because of what is being told to the media. I will tell you the straight truth that those pictures are not even the best of what the site has to offer, but I will put it in stone myself that there are answers on the site that are NOT SHOWN TO THE MEDIA and I will say why.

We are in a world full of hatred. The love of the humble soul is being trampled on by the savage animals and beasts of the earth. There is no truth, there is no love, there is only suppression. If something is true and truly at the Gobekli site, which I know it is, IT WILL NOT BE DISCUSSED BY THE MEDIA OR BY ANYONE because of the ignorant lack of love in the world, but overflow of egotistical unethical immature nonsense and actions that have no logic other than to deliberately prove it with words that contradict themselves time after time.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Share with us what you know greyer, we're all ears.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Awesome thread I cannot believe I missed it before

top topics

<< 1   >>

join