It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pine Gap, Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Im just throwing this out there to see what people know or believe about Pine Gap. Infact, Im interested in finding out about other military facilities in the southern hemisphere too if you know any.

Australia's Area 51? (click)

"The United States has three major bases in Australia. One is in South Australia (Nurranger, near Woomera, T.N.), another in New South Wales, and the third (and by far the largest) is located within about 230 km (143 miles) of the geographical center of the continent, not far to the west of Alice Springs (Northern Territory), at the foothills of the southern slopes of the MacDonnell Range. This base is completely underground, with barely visible entrances to the surface. This 'Top Secret' base is entirely financed by the United States Government, and is officially known as the Joint Defense Space Research Facility."

I doubt Pine Gap is like your average cliche alien military facility we all know and love. But then, who knows?

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by cargo]

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I might add that UFO activity has been sighted/reported around the area.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Pine Gap has been described as "Area 51 South". It is known to house a significant X Craft compliment, as well as a very sizeable US personnel population, which rarely if ever is allowed off the base. (Rumor has it that C-5 Galaxy transports fly into the base every 48 hours, and groceries are flown in from California every week)

The supposed purpose for Pine Gap is for a SigInt receiver base as part of Echelon/Long Ear Project, to eavsdrop on all manner of radio/satellite communication in the southern hemisphere.

It is also rumored to be the southern most HAARP installation, and as I understand, there are a number of sightings of strange geomagnetic affects associated with Pine Gap. (Apparently, Pine Gap was also the main testing location for the early experiments with HAARP)

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I agree .......Many unusual things there.........

My dad and Husband went to ''coober pedy''South Australia afew yrs back, and saw strange lights in the sky......Unadentified shapes and lights .......Who knws what goes there......

In a few weeks, day's ??? They are going again.....to Coober Pedy''' for opal mining.......maybe ask some of the Aborigines there if anything 'out of the ordinary' is going on ..............
I myself dont know much about ''Pine Gap'.........

I just thought I write .........

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Helen,

Thank you, and please post anything else that you might come across!

It is always great to get some local perspective on such things.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
seems there's a few links that wont work

Any way , here's another one.......

www.theozfiles.com...

www.millennium-ark.net...

[Edited on 7-5-2003 by helen670]

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Dragonrider.......

Seems they wont be going past ''Pine gap''' but maybe i'll get my husband to ask some questions on ''unusual happenings at '''Coober Pedy'''.............

They have left , and ill see in a few days if any thing comes up........

Here's some unusual happening at Coober Pedy.....

www.babelmagazine.com...

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by helen670]

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I knew a security guard that used to work at pine gap....HE won't even mention the name around me anymore...and he was drunk as a skunk when he told me....

Apparently HE had more security clearance than the prime minister of Australia ( not that he goes there much).

It is US soil.. always will be... who the hell knows what goes on there.

Chris

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Helen,

Any chance your or your husband might get close enough to take any photos anytime????

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Helen,

Any chance your or your husband might get close enough to take any photos anytime????

HMMMMMMMM ...........sorry did not make it clear...

South Australia is 20 odd hrs(By car ) from Melbourne Victoria....................................im in Melbourne..........My husband and dad left last night.....for South Australia....

Ill tell my husband to take photos if anything unusual......

He will be there for arond 3 weeks.....

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by helen670]

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I used to live in Adelaide, South Australia, but now live in Melbourne, Victoria. If I remember correctly, Melbourne to Adelaide is about 800 kilometres? Although I havent been to Adelaide by car since I was a kid, I distinctly remember asking my folks how far we were travelling and what time we would get there.

P.S. - Just found this info on an Aust travel site:
Melbourne to Adelaide (Coast Rd) 960 km 11 Hrs.

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by cargo]

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Actually 3.2 seconds by interstellar UFO Shuttle... I know this cause UP popped in and told me, on his way to antarctica to go visit his hollow earth friends.

Chris

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
Actually 3.2 seconds by interstellar UFO Shuttle... I know this cause UP popped in and told me, on his way to antarctica to go visit his hollow earth friends.

Chris

LOL.......is that why U.P has been missing???
Did he leave alone???

Cargo thanks for the info.......on travel distance....They were travelling with 100 ton truck and drill, so i guess it takes longer coz they got to go slow and the truck is left hand drive .....so they gota drive during daylight only............sleep and all...

Dragonrider//
I was talking with my mum.........and she told me that last year when my dad was up there(Coober pedy---Lambina??? )my dad wanted to drill at this certain site(you have to pay for making a claim(sorta like owning a certain area for your own use ......)and he did .......only to be told later(days) that he was not allowed in that area............
Opal mining is allowed any where around Coober Pedy......except close to the town....around homes,shops.school...........although there are holes dug all around town.......pretty deep.....(can fall in them!!)

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
there are holes dug all around town.......pretty deep.....(can fall in them!!)

Oh I hope UP didn't fall in one! He could be stuck half way to Greenland and all alone!

Some one downunder check just in case, please.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Originally posted by helen670
there are holes dug all around town.......pretty deep.....(can fall in them!!)

Oh I hope UP didn't fall in one! He could be stuck half way to Greenland and all alone!

Some one downunder check just in case, please.

it might be a bit too late!!!
There was '''Dynamite '' thrown down there!!!

www.gluckman.com...

(How do i copy paste a picture on here???)

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I live on Alice Spring and most of what you say about Pine Gap is True, to my knowledge. there is a Galaxy plane that comes in either once a week or fortnight. to drop off gear that they use there. it lands at the local airport. you can drive right up to the gates of Pine Gap. the workers are allowed out of the base i actually play golf with a few of them. and they dont talk about what they do there or what happens there.

i have not seen any strange things there, but i heard there has been some unuasal sitings at time.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The hollow earth theory talks of an underground vaccum tunnel system linking countries.

Wouldnt be surprised if there were multiple points throughout the states for nation leaders to escape, should disaster fall on us all. Pine Gap could be like the hub and connect to the main artery leading to...

/mumble mumble

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hey from New Zealand
Several years ago I was in the NZ Airforce and the place where all of the basic recruit training takes place is at the norther end of the South Island of New Zealand.
The NZ Airforce base name is Woodbourne and has a runway that can only take aircraft up to a 737/727 (just).
In the late '70s and early '80s New Zealand was an active part of the south pacific military pact known as ANZUS.... Australia New Zealand and United States.
As part of that treaty and the fact that the US's listening listening stations in the northern Pacific were being made redundant due to advances in transmission and satellite technology, NZ was to accept an installation of the new Echelon system. This was built near Blenheim.
It was indicated that the control of the facility would come from the New Zealand Priministers Office through the Secret Service. But as then PM Robert Muldoon and subsequent PM David Lange (who incidentally cancelled NZ's involvement in ANZUS) found out was that Primary Control of the base was solely in the hands of the NSA of the USA.
There have been several local TV shows (comedy) that have tried to gain entry, while filming. Armed black uniformed guards have emerged with an american accented women. On questioning what the facility is for, she replies something about writing a letter.
Incidentally during it's construction there were many UFO sightings nearby in Kaikoura. The UFO were chased by NZ Airforce Skyhawks and filmed by Television NZ.
The also have another, more lowkey facility near Gisbourne, eastern North Island. Also a UFO spot!
Hope this helps.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
As I mentioned, forward deployment bases for X Craft in the southern hemisphere.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Not the half of it... don't have much time at the mo but have you any info about the Twin engined Iroquis Black paint job with no markings seen over NZ skies?

<<   2 >>

join