It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People need to be more conceited / self-interested... Wake up! (I make some good points!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
reply to post by arpgme

I have to agree with the other poster, everything you presented so far is twisted logic.

And yet none of you explained HOW the logic was twisted.

reply to post by arpgme

I would hate to live in the world you envision, a world without love, a world without compassion.

What were you reading? No where did I say the world shouldn't have any love or compassion.

reply to post by arpgme

A world where our vision of tough loves prevales

It may be tough love to allow people to develop and learn to grow and survive to be free and independent , but it certain is a good cause.

a world where people don't help others, a world where you survive on your own or die is a very cold and calus one.

I never said not to help anyone AT ALL. Sometimes people need help, that is reality, I just don't think it is helpful at all to keep them depending on YOU when they can learn to be strong and help themselves.

You can keep your disutopia to yourself. Your world sounds just as bad if not worse than George Orwells "1984".

Nope. The world of 1984 is where we'd end up if we keep going down this path of depending on others instead of learning to be strong and being individual.

It'll lead to trading away freedom out of fear and collectivism instead of being your own person...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

And yet none of you explained HOW the logic was twisted.

BECAUSE you provided us with an example yourself of how the logic is applied and it was evidently TWISTED!!!! I mean Hello Moon to Mars is your receiver working!!

In fact I specifically pointed out how an attacking back someone who attacks you could be a form of love, and how being service to self could be empowering for others...

OMG the tangled web of logic is shackles designed for the hearts of men and woman.

edit on 28-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by arpgme

I read through all that and i can sum it up to say your philsophy is offence is the best form of defence in matters of the heart. In other words you have sublimally revealed your true nature... the inquisitor for delivering the message of the Divine....do untoo to other before they can do it to you...Oh what a tangled web we weave!!!

Not do unto others BEFORE they do it to you, rather, do unto others AS they do unto you so that you will not be taken advantage of and they can learn to treat others more kind.

When you do to others as they do to you, you act as a MIRROR so that they can see how their action affected others. Which is why I said it is love. You are TEACHING them (if they choose to learn).

I do not think we should just be mean and rude to people just for the sake of being mean and rude, in fact, I believe that is not natural. Being yourself and looking for your self interest is natural - intentionally setting out to hurt others just for the sake of hurting others is not.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I just never relate to these big principles meant to summerize all that is good or bad.

It is all RELATIVE. Relative to the individuals involved, their intents and will; relative to the circumstances, the surrounding environment.

To speak as generally as I am willing, I'd say living in service to others (selflessly) is no better than living in service to self (egotistically). The ideal might be somewhere in between, always searching that balance point where both are served mutually.

But yeah, sometimes reflecting someones behavior back to them is best for you both, (eye for eye) sometimes it isn't .

I think there is just no easy way out of beign completely in the moment and present, to be in sync with all elements involved. There are no hard and fast rules you can come up with which will dispense you of that intimacy in the future.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

OMG the tangled web of logic just keeps exanding and is shackles designed for the hearts of men and woman.

When you do to others as they do to you, you act as a MIRROR so that they can see how their action affected others. Which is why I said it is love. You are TEACHING them (if they choose to learn).

So whats next in the web collars for them who dare refute the reflection of lies from the mirror.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

So are you going to explain how it is twisted knowledge or not?

I'm waiting...

So whats next in the web collars for them who dare refute the reflection of lies from the mirror.

They'll live in denial. What else can be done? If they attack you and cause you to suffer and you forgive them, and they keep doing it and you attack back, and cause them to suffer, and they try to "refute" it as not actually being "destructive" then they will be in denial until they do.

edit on 28-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Your logic is typical pyschological new age mumbo jumbo of its all about me, and if its not me its not Divine. And what is the Divine its the harbinger of hatred disguised falsely as a mirror of love. I see no love in the Mirror you speak of, i see only a portrayal of death...the death of humanity.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Sounds like from the OP the best way to show "a person injured on the side of the road" is to just keep going, as it shows more love to not help, because it makes them stronger. WOW!!! Even a chimpanzee has the capasity to help another in need. Show you have more compassion than a chimp.

Retaliation? Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth?

All that makes you is blind, toothless, and bitter.

Foolish.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

The mirror does not lie. It shows you your reflection.

reply to post by arpgme

Your logic is typical pyschological new age mumbo jumbo of its all about me, and if its not me its not Divine.

No. No where did I say that others are not Divine. You added that in there.

reply to post by arpgme

And what is the Divine its the harbinger of hatred disguised falsely as a mirror of love.

The mirror is not disguised as anything. It just exist, showing you your own reflection. It is a mirror of love, only if you are loving.

I see no love in the Mirror you speak of, i see only a portrayal of death...the death of humanity.

Then change your actions, and it won't reflect death.

If you harm someone and they harm you back. You get to see a reflection of your own actions. If you don't like it, stop doing it.

If you see actions of death in the mirror, then change it into actions of life...

reply to post by Siberbat

Originally posted by Siberbat
Retaliation? Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth?

All that makes you is blind, toothless, and bitter.

Foolish.

Well if you don't want someone else pulling out your tooth, don't pull out their's.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
(Sorry double post)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Every actionand word you take in thread only digs the twisted hole deeper. A mirror by its very nature only shows a reflection of reality, the real reality of emotionals and feelings are hidden from site. Your mirror is very clear..a conceited person standing in front of it saying..mirror mirror on the wall who is the fairess of them all....now your want the honest answer or the Divine truth!!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Every actionand word you take in thread only digs the twisted hole deeper. A mirror by its very nature only shows a reflection of reality, the real reality of emotionals and feelings are hidden from site.

Emotions are hidden, but actions are shown. If you don't want to see death/destruction in the mirror, stop choosing death/destructive actions..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

They'll live in denial. What else can be done? If they attack you and cause you to suffer and you forgive them, and they keep doing it and you attack back, and cause them to suffer, and they try to "refute" it as not actually being "destructive" then they will be in denial until they do.

It's called the criminal justice system. If THEY cause you that much suffering/destructiveness report it to the police and take them to court. This society is governed by the Rule of Law, not the Law of the Jungle. If not criminally, go to civil court. THEY will get the point when restitution or jail time is required. What you suggest is being a SOCIOPATH.

Not good. Not healthy.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Emotions are hidden, but actions are shown. If you don't want to see a frown in the mirror - stop frowning and it won't be shown...

A simple argument of logic for a fool or a child. Guess what im neither so youll need to try harder!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

Reporting them to the authorities IS a form of responding to the harm that they are giving you. Forgiving them would be to let them keep doing it.

Well, ask a specific question and you'll get a specific answer.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well, ask a specific question and you'll get a specific answer.

How conceited is your Mirror of beauty?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Hopefully, enough to encourage others to stop frowning and see their beautiful smile in it...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hopefully, enough to encourage others to stop frowning and see their beautiful smile in their own..

Well mabey there is still a light of hope in the forrest for you after all. Thats all i have to say in this thread. Goodnight.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Hope for what?

I'm smiling in the mirror, all is well. If I see someone frowning in the mirror and suffering, they can see me smiling and change the frown into a smile.

By keeping yourself happy, the happiness spread...

If you are not happy and you interact with others, you stand the change of spreading that...

one person's mood can affect another's.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hope for what?

I'm smiling in the mirror, all is well. If I see someone frowning in the mirror and suffering, they can see me smiling and change the frown into a smile.

By keeping yourself happy, the happiness spread...

If you are not happy and you interact with others, you stand the change of spreading that...

one person's mood can affect another's.

Mirror Mirror on the Wall does the Op have the most conceited Mirror of them all?

Oh....thankgoods its my bed time. Bye!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join