It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epidemic Alert on Dec 24th that described victims eyes turning green...read on

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
They had Yellow Fever in Oct.
Epidemic in Sudan on Wednesday, 31 October, 2012 at 04:13 (04:13 AM) UTC.
Description
A previously unknown disease which has claimed more than 30 lives in Sudan's troubled Darfur region this month has been identified as yellow fever, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday. Preparations for a mass vaccination campaign are now underway.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Was it in the Sudan?

South Sudan says Sudan has launched attacks inside its territory, killing at least five people. Military spokesman Col. Philip Aguer said Thursday that the attacks came on Christmas Day, killing three women and two children. Aguer said Antonov warplanes bombed the village of Werguet, in Northern Bahr el Ghazal state, while ground forces working with "militiamen" attacked nearby Kiir Adem. Aguer said the areas are part of South Sudan. The areas are near the Kiir River, the southern boundary of a 14-mile strip of territory claimed by both countries. Sudan and South Sudan reached an oil and border security deal in August that called for the area to be demilitarized until its final status could be determined. A Sudanese government spokesman couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

abcnews.go.com...-SE3JI

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Well, it says it isn't fatal if treated quickly. So... what are they treating this with? They must have a decent idea of what it is.

Without having any info on that, standard procedure in such an unknown would liky consist of IV fluids, fever-reduction protocols if necessary, and anti-biotics.

The antibiotics could clear it up if it's bacterial, and the IV fluids / fever control give the body time to fight the infection if viral. If that's the case, they're broad-brush treating it, until they figure out what it is.

Ebola, being viral, is treated with fluids and fever control. The body, if strong enough, treats itself, given time thanks to fluids and temp reduction.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

Do you know if the victims where muslims or Christians or pagans? I wouldn't be surprised if the muslims started using biological weapons in their drive to eradicate non-muslims.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The sudan virus is most deffenity yellow fever. Its classed as unknown as they most likely havent had it 100% confrimed by blood work.

The Nigeria one is intresting but could just be a dozen things already known.

What worring is that SARS is floating about.
edit on 28-12-2012 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
In the "All Africa" article linked on the first page - the article mentions viral hepatitis as well. Maybe a combo of both??? Both can hit the liver hard.

I have no idea about how diseases work.

Just a thought maybe both diseases contaminated a water supply????

Just a shot in the dark....

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerdyclutzyblonde
In the "All Africa" article linked on the first page - the article mentions viral hepatitis as well. Maybe a combo of both??? Both can hit the liver hard.

I have no idea about how diseases work.

Just a thought maybe both diseases contaminated a water supply????

Just a shot in the dark....

Yellow fever in the last stages attacks the liver causing the yellow colour change of the skin and eyes. It it also can cause almost any other symptom. It spread through mosiquos and from the fulids of the infected. Its mortalirt can range from 20-50% which again seems to fit.

Im pretty sure the sudan outbreak is yellow fever.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr

sounds like a virus that may cause biliary obstruction somehow - then

bile would increase, not be recirculated/excreted via the enterohepatic circulation -

and the skin would turn yellow and eyes may turn green (prob. yellow first).

The pancreas and/or liver would be the viral targets.

My first thought was pancreas and/or liver condition(s)

Let's hope it remains contained to the area ... unless it's already too late and the condition has 'flown' so to speak.

Woody

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Let's hope it remains contained to the area ... unless it's already too late and the condition has 'flown' so to speak.

Woody

I wouldnt worry. Even if its not traditional yellow fever im 99% sure it will be related so it would be very easy to create a vaccine (if the original dont work).

This is comeing from a microbiologist.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hepatitis Outbreak in Western Darfur

Ishaq Ahmed Yaqoub, minister of health of West Darfur, announced the outbreak of hepatitis D in the state, when speaking to Radio Dabanga on Wednesday, 12 December.

and

At the same time, the minister assured that no new cases of yellow fever have been reported in the localities of El-Geneina, Azum and Habila.

I read that latter stages of YF affect the liver, but I don't believe hepatitis D would be part of that.

HDV is an incomplete virus that requires the helper function of HBV to replicate and only occurs among people who are infected with the Hepatitis B virus (HBV).

Hepatitis D Information

And some reading material on hepatitis ABCs of Hepatitis Revealed

I find it interesting that the hep D virus requires another component (hep B) to complete. Are the vaccines on hep B ineffective in that regard?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown

Here we are.
This is ground zero for the Zombie virus.

Why does the craziest sht start in Africa?

I wonder what part of Malta this concoction was made in

Because that is where we like to test our new toys, on the poor and indiginous.
2nd

GS
edit on 28-12-2012 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Africa is the next Oster the wolrd plans to shuck.....
China, is heavily involved there as are many other world powers.
My belief is they are depopulating the continent with war and diseases....making it ripe for taking over eventually...
I look for far more diseases and wars on that continent in the forseeable future.
What may backfire is the weapons they use to kill off the black people with disease may just end up infecting he rest of the world too.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Theres no conspiracy here. Its just plain old yellow fever that been in Africa before the word conspiracy existed.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
Theres no conspiracy here. Its just plain old yellow fever that been in Africa before the word conspiracy existed.

Really? Then why is it being investigated as separate than yellow fever?

The witness said that Saraf Omra hospital is overloaded with patients with malaria, yellow fever, and the new disease.

New diseases like this scare me..I do hope it is contained.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
Really? Then why is it being investigated as separate than yellow fever?

My guess it is a new strain. New strains of virus pop up all the time and until it been properly examined it standard procedure to call it "unknown".

All the symptoms, the area and the morality rate suggest yellow fever, what makes this strain diffrent I cant say as it does not give much info. Seeing as theres hasnt been much of a fuss I am guessing the diffrence must be slight, eg the yellow fever diagnotsic kits are not picking it up ect

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ahh I know why its being treated as "diffrent" it cause diarrhea is not a common sysmptom of yellow fever but this new virus diarrhea seems to be a prevealnet symptom. Still as I said probably a new strain of yellow fever where diarrhea more common thats all. Hardly a extreme mutation or a virus that affects the digestive system anyway.

It may be marburg fever but that unlikely as the mortality rate it to low, that and WHO would of locked the area down at just the whiff of marburg.

Also for those crying bioweapon . It would be pretty useless as it incapasites those who get it to quicky plus symptoms are too obvious which means infected individuals would be isolated quickly.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

What about the eyes turning green. I thought yellow fever was supposed to make them yellow?

Im not arguing with you as it seems to have similar sympotoms, but from what I understand nI thought the virus was supposed to turn the eyes yellow.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

there's also an outbreak in Pakistan too, man there is a lot of shih going down.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Was Big Pharma over there prior to this event? Africa seems to be a target area for testing drugs and whatever else on these people.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join