It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to all veterans! Guard our schools!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
I'm all for someone volunteering for this but there needs to be a standardized traning with specific parameters on identifying and engaging a potential threat. Otherwise this has the potential to attract guys like George Zimmerman

Guys like George Zimmerman are exactly what is needed.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I don't think most of you are using much logic at this point.
This school had taken many security measures.
I highly doubt that an armed guard at the door would have done much.
I believe that the teachers made the most difference here. The only thing they needed was a ccw

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
great, now us veterans not only can risk our lives for a bunch of selfish pricks, more taxes, an our of control government to not only come home and be under or unemployed, but now you want us to guard the schools for free to.

well i can't really say that much because that is actually a worthy cause.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Fine but ahh.....what happens to me if I actually have to shoot?Can I look forward to being dragged off by a mob of screaming liberals who just saw me off a 14 year old kid with a gun?
I don't want to scare anyone either,I am already a monster in the eyes of some on this very board. I do have PTSD they could call me crazy and put me away.
Oh and for the record.PTSD and Dementia are two different things.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

How about you go stand guard? We are always calling on other people to do things for us.

You really want vets who have done their service to do more service?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Thanks for that post, I actually see the only danger in our schools against our children is the crappy public education that they are been submitted right now.

So they can grow weak and Dependant of the government that always knows whats better for the population.

Our military have better things to do and those like my husband that have served well is now contemplating how his second amendment is going to be eroded thanks to crimes that the government use as opportunities

I wonder where are we heading this days, many have their priorities all screw up. People complain about our soldiers been in war, despise when they are use to protect the streets after a natural disaster but wants our vets to guard our schools

Propaganda is such a powerful tool in the hands of those in power against those of weak mind.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
My local walmart has more security then my local elementary school.

These vets have been a good example....yes some may have PTSD, but so do allot of those who serve on the police force or who are doctors, teachers, ATS members, cashiers at McDonalds, but knowing this is never an excuse to why we should back off on doing something about it.

I dont care about all the debates and arguments, the misconceptions or assumptions. Fact is, our children need better protection. PERIOD.

I agree and have highlighted the truth that you have written. It is very true, a lot of people from all walks of life continue to work in conjunction with therapy. People just don't understand. A friend of mine lost her happy life because some random walked into a post office and held a gun to her head. Her marriage broke down, lost custody of her only child. One person devastated her life.

Ambos and cops, doctors, nurses etc see the worst of soce. People who work in the public sector also have issues. I witnessed a grown man abusing a mcdonald's employee because the order was wrong, the kid was only 16 if that. I wanted to smash the guys face in for treating him like that. The poor kid.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm for it, but when you said that if they were unarmed it would deter people, I think it would just be a case of shooting them before they can raise the alarm.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Fine but ahh.....what happens to me if I actually have to shoot?Can I look forward to being dragged off by a mob of screaming liberals who just saw me off a 14 year old kid with a gun?
I don't want to scare anyone either,I am already a monster in the eyes of some on this very board. I do have PTSD they could call me crazy and put me away.
Oh and for the record.PTSD and Dementia are two different things.

This technique is life changing!!!
(it really works!)
The Tapping Solution

oh and the provide information free! You don't have to buy anything. I got my info via email that they sent to me. God bless them, that is all I have to say about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join