It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus look-a-like kicked out of darts match

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He was probably giving away free booze with his whole water-to-wine trick.... stealing profits away from the bar...

/end sarcasm

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
"Jesus look-a-like kicked out of darts match" -----
--
--

I did not know Les Claypool played Darts

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

OMG that's so sad and funny that I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Blond-haired Nathan, who emigrated from his native Australia to Oxford six years ago, said:

'I didn't go to the darts dressed as Jesus - I went as me.

'It was all very weird and distressing. I didn't break down crying but I did get emotionally distraught.

'They were bullying me and picking on me, saying that I was someone else.

'It would have been okay if the security hadn't made a fuss getting me out of the arena.

'I was evicted for something I have no control over. I felt discriminated against.'

Oh God!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Not sad, not funny either (well maybe a little). As mentioned earlier, he got a free pint, his story in the paper, and people wanted autographs from him so he was clearly liked. Not sure why this thread achieved 11 pages lol but hey, entertaining at least!
edit on 13-12-2012 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
As usual hypocrisy in this forum never ceases to astound had this thread been about a look a like Mohammed or moses the relevant members would have the OP banned ..but if its about Jesus its hunky dory.

Lots of stalinists obviously around here?
Nah iam just paranoid.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
People watch dart matches?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Some of you just do not understand the British sense of humour do you.

And the monkey hits the bull!

Apparently all darts fans are morons.
Apparently all British sports fans are violent psychopaths.
Apparently alcohol is the devil's brew.
Apparently all Anglo Saxons and Brits are racists.

What utter and complete bollocks.

I've played darts on and off for years, pretty badly nowadays.
I'm going to a Premier League in Newcastle next year with my Dad and elder brother - none of us are morons I assure you.
We thoroughly intend to have a bloody good drink and a laugh.

It seems ok to criticise Britsh sports fans and then conveniently forget all the other acts of violence that occur around sporting events elsewhere in the world - after Stanley Cup games and basketball matches in the US and Canada, football matches throughout South America, Africa etc.
Hell, two American nations even went to war with each other over a football match.
Brits aren't particularly unique in getting passionate about sport - but we did bring style and class to it with the whole Casual culture.

As for drinking; hell, sure many drink to excess - but again, no more so than some other countries.
And yes, areas of the UK can be very violent, but so are areas of nearly every country / city I've ever been to - and I've been to a hell of a lot.

And isn't it strange that nearly every single civilization and society throughout history has independantly brewed and enjoyed alcohol - it's no conspiracy and certainly nothing unique to Europe.

Perhaps it would be better if we all snorted natural hallucinogens up our nose - and talked to our long lost ancestors, or invisible spirits who live in streams and rocks or even talk to the animals etc?

After reading 11pages, (truly amazing), I am convinced that a lot of people need to get out and about more and generally just lighten up a bit.

And for the record, I despise bullying of any kind but I honestly don't see this as bullying - if the guy had simply laughed it off and had a bit of craic back experience leads me to think that it would have been taken as good humoured banter - nothing more, nothing less.
edit on 13/12/12 by Freeborn because: Spelling, grammar, clarity etc

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The video made me laugh and I'm American...especially when they started chanting Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...lol

I dunno why all these members are gasping at goofy behavior taking place at a bar. But then again this site is made up of introverts.

edit on 13-12-2012 by ShotGunRum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I use the term IQ as a placeholder for intelligence as a whole. The whole Intelligence Quotient thing has pretty much been proven to be farcicle anyways, so now I just use it as shorthand for intelligence.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I agree completely. They're not elevated much over your average sports "enthusiast" in my mind either though. (I'm looking at you, Raiders fans.) I've always been quite the nonathletic nerd anyways, so I've always viewed sports as a haven for the intellectually defunct among us. I'm sure I'm not alone in that evaluation.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You have to wonder where the world is headed when we live in the information age and you can reserch just about anything on anything, and some people still think this man is sporting the image of Christ.......lol, this guy does'nt even look Jewish.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hi, I'm a new poster. I've been reading this forum and I couldn't help adding to this topic. I find mob-mentality fascinating.

This story reminds me of the one and only Pro hockey game I've been to. It was in the U.S.

A player from the visiting team had been hurt and was down. Suddenly this heavy, older woman with curly grey hair and a plaid flannel shirt stood up and started screaming 'KILL HIM!' over and over at the top of her lungs. She was a couple rows ahead of me and about 5-6 seats over, so I had a very good look at her.

It was quite interesting. Her face all red and veins throbbing, spittle flying from her mouth. So much rage in her face. Up to that point, she just looked like someone's grandmother, eating her over-priced snacks and watching the game.

People seem to really lose their minds at sporting events.

Makes me wonder what would have happened at the dart game if someone like her had started screaming 'KILL HIM!' all in 'good fun'.

Weird stuff. Thanks for letting me chime in on this fascinating subject.
edit on 13-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: grammatical error

edit on 13-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

"He had skin of bronze and hair of sheep's wool" -Genesis

Sounds descriptive enough for me....

And It don't sound like that guy in this video...

As the Ancient of Days his hair is white, but when he was here before the crucifiction when he came as a man, his hair wasn't white.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Originally posted by violet
Never mind that they were all drunk, is this their first time seeing a long haired bearded man?
It sounds as if it was. It's not like he had a robe on.

Some of you just do not understand the British sense of humour do you.

Look into it more eh the "Jesus" dude was signing autographs and having his pic taken with the revelers, it was in all good fun in the end, no one got hurt and the "Jesus" dude will have a good story to tell his grandkids.
All thats going on in the world and a thread like this gets 10 pages......
He was removed to let the dart players play darts and got a free pint in the process.
edit on 13-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Yeah I get it was all in fun and he got a free pint.
I guess they just thought it was funny to mock how he resembled Jesus.
Seems really childish though like it was their first time seeing a guy with this look. He stood out that much?
Btw I am British.

edit on 14-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

Originally posted by boncho
That's what you get for going to one of the most insane, unforgiving, rough, out of control sports in the world...(DARTS)

Yeah, I
you not. Darts is crazy in some places. Even have girls flashing.

Bunch of drunken darts fans, don't take it personally Jesus...

guess if he was black that excuse would roll too would it!

Whoa, what?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Heh heh, just a bunch of drunken losers looking for the slightest excuse to forget their miserable lives.

The fact that the man was good-looking certainly didn't help. If he looked like David Spade then I don't think anyone would have bothered to rear their ugly heads.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This incident is just more proof that the overwhelming majority of the People on this Planet have less intelligence than a walnut.

IMO

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DENBY
This incident is just more proof that the overwhelming majority of the People on this Planet have less intelligence than a walnut.

IMO

The same can be said about the majority of the people commenting on this thread.

I reckon more than half of the people on this thread would join in on the type of thing described in the OP.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by DENBY

IMO

The same can be said about the majority of the people commenting on this thread.

I reckon more than half of the people on this thread would join in on the type of thing described in the OP.

Sad but probably true.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join