It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this thing near the Sun? Is it a comet or meteorite? It hangs out for at least a week.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Unless Stereo is falling down or moving in some way which obviously is not happening.

But it is.

(I'm losing track of how many times you're been wrong in this thread...)

Heliocentric elliptical orbit in the ecliptic plane drifting at about 22º per year from the Sun-Earth line (at nearly 1 AU).

• STEREO A leads Earth by 22º after 1 year

• STEREO B lags Earth by about 22º after 1 year

Source

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by JrDavis

Why don't you make a thread about it. This is about ManHater's COR2 clips which have been shown to be Mercury.

Hope about not? Because it's all relevant and pertains to what OP is seeing. But you are too narrow minded to see it.

Mercury would not illuminate that much light. It would not be above the sun and passing by. There wouldn't be a glare off of it like that.

So it's obvious it's an object other than Mercury. And if you go through all the video footage you will see other objects are there too. And they do not make the correct orbit.

The object in OP's video is moving too fast. Way too fast.

It takes it nearly a week to clear the whole TOP of the screen.

"Mercury’s orbit is inclined by 7 degrees to Earth’s ecliptic. "

You want to tell me it's above the Sun? Even if Stereo B was below the sun looking up the object should not be above the sun. And it looks like Stereo B has a pretty even degree of Ecliptic to the Sun. So Mercury needs to be ruled out.

Plus Mercury would not travel around the sun within Stereo B's FoV within 7 days like that.

I said the dotted line was Stereo B's FoV from Where is Stereo. It's obviously a lot larger when you look through Stereo B

Outerspace is huge. So the camera on Stereo B has the ability to pick up a pretty decent amount of FoV. Enough to see orbits.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by boncho

Hey check out the video I just posted.

Clears it all up my friend. 2 objects in the video. Moving too fast, And mercury is not supposed to even be near the sun at that date and time. Yet we see 2 objects. 1 of which either gets really close to the sun or goes behind. And Where is Stereo shows that mercury isn't even in field of view yet on that date.

Here you go friend. Of course I don't have an occulting mask or a circular aperture applied in this video, but it shows what STEREO Behind COR2 should have seen at that time:

Same stars, same planets (Venus and Jupiter) as in your video. Mystery solved.
edit on 11-12-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Chadwickus

This should clear it up for him:

No it does not clear anything up lol. You just add more for me to pick apart.

Jupiter along with the other planets goo......Wait for it...... counterclockwise.

If it were jupiter it would not be traveling from the left side of the screen towards the sun and behind. Plus you wouldn't see it on Stereo B traveling to the right. Because Jupiter is further out than Stereo B. Which means you will never see Jupiter going from left to right on Stereo B's field of view. Because it is always further out than Stereo B.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

I can understand Venus illuminating that much light. But I cannot say the same for Mercury. What are they are fire? It's not possible.

STEREOS COR2 imaging is focused on the faint corona of the sun. The CCD's are extremely sensitive, you should notice that the sun is blacked out entirely... They are not meant to image the planets or anything else with a brightness greater than the corona. Therefore, the CCD is easily overloaded.

It blocks the direct light of the Sun by using a solid 'occulter' disk -- essentially creating a false solar eclipse and allowing us to see the faint solar atmosphere (and comets!).

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Now, if STEREO had different instruments on board, were pointed at planets, and we saw the same sucky imaging of planets, you might be on to something... But it's not. So you're not.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Chadwickus

This should clear it up for him:

No it does not clear anything up lol.

Yes, it does, it shows that what was seen was EXACTLY what SHOULD have been seen.

You just add more for me to pick apart.

Jupiter along with the other planets goo......Wait for it...... counterclockwise.

Which orbits the sun faster? Jupiter or STEREO-B? Wait for it... STEREO-B!!!! Jupiter's motion in the field of view is driven by STEREO's motion relative to the sun, not Jupiter's orbital motion. Jupiter's orbital motion in the video IS right to left, which is why it can be seen moving right to left relative to the ecliptic grid in the video (and relative to the background stars as well, which themselves also match your video perfectly). It's just that overall it moves left to right because STEREO is orbiting the sun faster. Add one more thing you're wrong about. You just exposed your own ignorance.
edit on 11-12-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

reply to post by JrDavis

Why don't you make a thread about it. This is about ManHater's COR2 clips which have been shown to be Mercury.

Hope about not?

How about yes!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

I already posted this video for you showing STEREO's orbits.

The STEREO satellites are not stationary. Jupiter rotates in the same direction as STEREO but from the satellite's perspective it isn't moving because of the distance and speed of the planet. (As another poster mentioned.)

So it appears to move the opposite direction that Mercury would on the same side of the sun... (Mercury is moving faster)

It would be the same as if you were in a fast car, passing a slower car. The slower car would appear to go left to right looking out your passenger window (the opposite direction), however, your car and the slower one are moving in the same direction.

edit on 11-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Are you purposely using old satellite images to boast your point? Because just saying that # is close to 2 or 3 months old. Mercury wouldn't be in that position now.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Stop trolling.

Jupiter is moving left to right from the perspective of Stereo B (Blue dot)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Mercury would not illuminate that much light. It would not be above the sun and passing by. There wouldn't be a glare off of it like that.

This was already covered, the optics are not meant for imaging planets:

Most planets are too bright for the sensitive optics in the STEREO coronagraphs, causing them to appear overly large and distorted. Note the "butterfly" shape of Venus in the COR2 image below, caused by diffraction off the occulter stem.

Plus Mercury would not travel around the sun within Stereo B's FoV within 7 days like that.

It's not travelling around the sun in seven days, it's travelling through STEREO's point of view in seven days.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by boncho

Are you purposely using old satellite images to boast your point? Because just saying that # is close to 2 or 3 months old. Mercury wouldn't be in that position now.

Which post are you referring to. The only old satellite data I posted, was accompanied with pictures, to show the same effect as in the OP.

And I posted another in reference to another poster's picture they posted, to show what position the satellites were in.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

wow...you my good man, have a lot of patience

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

ok wierd I just was having this talk with my mom letting her know sh** t may hit the fan with our sun I send her the ABC's of what may happen with the sun (sugar coating my theory) On Dec 1st 2012 ok it really rocked her little world but for many they may really not know the whole picture just sharing for many newbies..

www.youtube.com... 9 min vid

www.sidc.be... the solar warning and influence warning center

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by trinityalways

ok wierd I just was having this talk with my mom letting her know sh** t may hit the fan with our sun I send her the ABC's of what may happen with the sun (sugar coating my theory) On Dec 1st 2012 ok it really rocked her little world but for many they may really not know the whole picture just sharing for many newbies..

www.youtube.com... 9 min vid

www.sidc.be... the solar warning and influence warning center

I think you should really consider not spooking your mom any further...you could end up feeling really stupid in a short while. Like 2 weeks or something.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If you are going to watch these two satellites may I suggest that you record all of it the day of it coming out because they manipulate & hide at least 50 % of what they show us. I would like to point out that if you watch this (thing) from it's first appearance you will notice it looks as if it changes it shape (the shield like light thingy) from a bird like object to something that is being pinched from both sides with an object right next to it.There is alot there to see just open your eyes. just remember its 2d.....

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

reply to post by JrDavis

Hope about not?

How about yes!

Thanks ngchunter. This is perfect. You can see Mercury exactly on the same path as seen in the OP's video.

If that object in the OP's video wasn't mercury, then where was Mercury?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

I don't see how the "snip" is going to hit the fan regarding any information that has come out. Perhaps you are the "newbie" in this situation, your mom the butt of the joke, and the doom and gloom programs you are keen on watching/believing, the instigators.

Q: Is there a danger from giant solar storms predicted for 2012?

A: Solar activity has a regular cycle, with peaks approximately every 11 years. Near these activity peaks, solar flares can cause some interruption of satellite communications, although engineers are learning how to build electronics that are protected against most solar storms. But there is no special risk associated with 2012. The next solar maximum will occur in the 2012-2014 time frame and is predicted to be an average solar cycle, no different than previous cycles throughout history.

Source

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by patmac573

If you are going to watch these two satellites may I suggest that you record all of it the day of it coming out because they manipulate & hide at least 50 % of what they show us. I would like to point out that if you watch this (thing) from it's first appearance you will notice it looks as if it changes it shape (the shield like light thingy) from a bird like object to something that is being pinched from both sides with an object right next to it.There is alot there to see just open your eyes. just remember its 2d.....

Don't go by the shapes you see. the bright visible object is not "all planet", but is instead the glare produced by the planet, and that glare could have odd shapes, as described in this excerpt from the STEREO website (this excerpt was previously posted by boncho):

Most planets are too bright for the sensitive optics in the STEREO coronagraphs, causing them to appear overly large and distorted. Note the "butterfly" shape of Venus in the COR2 image below, caused by diffraction off the occulter stem.

Source: Image Artifacts - Stars, Planets, and Comets

So those odd shapes are caused by the over-sensitivity of the cameras causing glare -- they aren't the really the shapes of the objects.

edit on 12/11/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So after reading this thread, it seems the consensus is that this "thing near the sun" is Mercury.

Boncho, Chadwickus, and the other "oldies" have made their claims as factual so there is no more debating needed.

While JrDavis learns what is Mercury in the images he is combated by patience and also statements such as he is spreading lies, giving misinformation, is trolling, and so on.

Good God!

Carry on... close the thread.... who cares.

If there is something to be concerned about in regards to the Sun... we will all KNOW it sooner than later.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join