It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dmitry Medvedev (Prime Minister of Russia): Aliens exist... or jokes ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I really hope this 'joke' does not turn into another suicide.

If that was to happen, there will be no more jokes, for ever.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The post interview answers by Medvedev were probably pre-planned + intentionally leaked. For what reason? Maybe to show the Russian public another side of his personality. I don't really know.

What I do know, is a similar "leaked" answer happened with Medvedev earlier this year: an open mic recorded a semi-private exchange between him and Obama, which swept through the global media.

Since Medvedev has first hand experience of recorded comments (10 months ago) being leaked to the public, he must have known his answers could/would be released though the media this time as well. He spoke of aliens, of Father Frost, of cops that do raids at 7:00am as "jerks" or "goats" and took a swipe at Putin's lack of punctuality. A more colorful Medvedev than usually portrayed in the news. --phantomfire.

Medvedev and Obama open mike gaffe:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-12-2012 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kingomar69

Why do you believe he was joking? Because you personally do not believe in Aliens? How do you know that he is referring to the movie MIB and not something else?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
MEN-IN-BLACK is probably a very close depiction of agencies that really do exist.

I don't think the PM was joking here.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaone
How do you know that he is referring to the movie MIB and not something else?

Here's the "Something Else"

edit on 8-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think too many are reading way too much into this joke.
This will probably be misquoted years from now as proof of "Disclosure"

edit on 8-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Why do you believe he is joking?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaone

For the same reason you believe him.
It's how one perceives and feels about about this, that or the other.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Have you watched mocumentary "Dark Side of the Moon" - where Kissinger, Romney, Cubric etc. are explaining how they managed to fake moonlandings to appear convincingly realistic?

Medvedev joke has exactly the same undertone. "The rest you can learn from MIB documentary" is clearly sarcastic.

My q is? Why would one need to use irony and sarcasm to explain spaceside issues publcly? Is it really necessary?
Using sarcasm indicates a need for strong confrontation with somebody who presumably thinks differently (ie. that gvt. are hiding something) Regardless if gvt is or is not hiding spaceside related things, one can safely and neutraly express any personal opinion including the notion of universe being big enough for variety of inhabitants -who may approach our rock any time.
Why would one use a sophisticated complex joke to dismiss something that is not at all impossible (from whatever perspective taken?)
edit on 8-12-2012 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nice thread S&F for the openness. I could never as said before by others claim to understand Russian humor, as I am not but keep this in mind for those that are on the fence. I cant make a decision on this due to the dynamics of how these politicians can lie.. who knows?

Leaks are often made by employees of an organization who happened to have access to interesting information but who are not officially authorized to disclose it to the press. They may believe that doing so is in the public interest due to the need for speedy publication, because it otherwise would not have been able to be made public, or simply as self-promotion, to elevate the leaker as a person of importance. Leaks can be intentional or unintentional. A leaker may be doing the journalist a personal favor (possibly in exchange for future cooperation), or simply wishes to disseminate secret information in order to affect the news. The latter type of leak is often made anonymously.

Sometimes partial information is released to the media off the record in advance of a press release to "prepare" the press or the public for the official announcement. This may also be intended to allow journalists more time to prepare more extensive coverage, which can then be published immediately after the official release. This technique is designed to maximize the impact of the announcement. It might be considered an element of political 'spin', or news management.

Some people who leak information to the media are seeking to manipulate coverage. Cloaking information in secrecy may make it seem more valuable to journalists, and anonymity reduces the ability of others to cross-check or discredit the information.

Link
edit on 8-12-2012 by Mosthated718bx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Kaone

For the same reason you believe him.
It's how one perceives and feels about about this, that or the other.

What you percieve is biased.

The biased opinion is not really what you want. Challenge your beliefs.

Not saying you are wrong, though. The Australian PM reportedly "disclosed" the end of the world is happening. It was a joke.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Probably not "suicided"....More like "heart-attacked"

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by theitalian

He was bsing. you don't know russians too well do you

edit on 8-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Fair enough

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Douriff
reply to post by Druscilla

Have you watched mocumentary "Dark Side of the Moon" - where Kissinger, Romney, Cubric etc. are explaining how they managed to fake moonlandings to appear convincingly realistic?

Medvedev joke has exactly the same undertone. "The rest you can learn from MIB documentary" is clearly sarcastic.

My q is? Why would one need to use irony and sarcasm to explain spaceside issues publcly? Is it really necessary?
Using sarcasm indicates a need for strong confrontation with somebody who presumably thinks differently (ie. that gvt. are hiding something) Regardless if gvt is or is not hiding spaceside related things, one can safely and neutraly express any personal opinion including the notion of universe being big enough for variety of inhabitants -who may approach our rock any time.
Why would one use a sophisticated complex joke to dismiss something that is not at all impossible (from whatever perspective taken?)
edit on 8-12-2012 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

Have you ever considered the level of TEDIUM associated with warming the seats of power of the most powerful governments on the planet?
Have you ever considered how stiff you have to be in such offices for how long, always choosing your words carefully?
Have you considered how bloody often any and every major world leader gets asked the same bloody question about aliens over and over and over and over every single chance there's a chance for any media source to ask such a typically off-topic question?

Were I warming my bum in one of those seats of power, I'd flip the media all sorts of flamboyant cheeky responses.
Reporter: "Premier Leader Druscilla; are there really aliens?"
Me: "What? The competition in the last elections wasn't obvious enough?"
or "Ah, so you noticed my security detail.",
or "We're currently working out sensitive immigration details I can't go into right now",
or "Hey, are you going to ask about my birth certificate again?",
or ""Oh, is my mask slipping?",
or "Shh, quiet. We don't want to let the kids know they're adopted yet."
or any other number of ridiculous statements that could be read all sorts of ways.

I'm really surprised more world leaders don't take a similar tactic on broach of the subject.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Expect a second Norway spiral. The first originated from Russian northern territory, on Dec 9, 2009. Expect second Kremlin pyramid. The first is recorded anytime before 2006 when the massive Hotel Rossiya seen at the background was demolished. These things do exist. The question is when they will be put into the "real life". My best guess is - Now, before the year's end.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
They are real

why the hell would the russians "joke" about an issue like this?

Are people still playing off that prank that happened few days ago?

is now everything a joke?

We got ufos in our skies..many accounts of people having experiences with them....But hey!! its a joke!!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Yep, it's largely a joke and UFOlogy itself is largely responsible for making it into a joke by entertaining every story photograph and video from wide eyed goshing want-to-believe believers seeking attention, as well as not being all that thorough in screening for Schizotypy , the whole range of mind altering substances, and all in all the whole range of way less than credible reports.

We've got cat people, bird people, reptilians, blond haired blue-eyed people from Venus and the Pleiades, Insect people, Greys, Blues, Whites, and any number of other sorts of varieties of delusional fantasy descriptions of aliens to pick from out of the whole circus comedy of UFOlogy because of UFOlogy lending voice, recognition, and even validation to every panicky soul that has sleep paralysis or wants some attention.

Periodically there've been some serious efforts at looking at the phenomenon, but, over all, such efforts get drowned out by the Planet Xers babbling about Anunnaki, Hollow Earthers with their Atlanteans in flying saucers, or the Nazi Conspiracists that claim there's Nazi's on the Moon, in Hollow Earth, Under Antarctica, on Mars, or somewhere, everywhere, there's Nazis.

On top of that, there's the outright frauds and Charlatans raking in cash by the barrel with their lies.

It's utterly ridiculous the sheer magnitude of a joke UFOs have become.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theitalian

this was actually reported on my local news tonight.. i can't help but wonder if it's propaganda or what.. it's really interesting though

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Santa is not fake! Greetings from the homeland of his ;-)

And to the topic, i wouldn't be surprised that some major country like Russia would slip out something like this. They are here already, but just kept secret from the general population.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join