It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox anchor suspended for calling Maddow an angry young man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm
Surely Maddow has never been confused for a man before, I mean with looks like this, she just screams "I'm a chick!!!!!"

edit on 15-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

Wierd, I guess being married you have a different perspective. The first thing that jumps out at me is that she's not fat.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
Wierd, I guess being married you have a different perspective. The first thing that jumps out at me is that she's not fat.

Hah, no crap! When you get into your 30's and are married with kids, you count your lucky stars if your wife is as attractive as her. Incidently, my wife looks a lot like her so maybe I'm being partial.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
-From- Ace Ventura Pet Detective

"pressure...what do you know about pressure?"

"well, I have kissed a man"- Jim Carrey

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
So much for denying ignorance. Even if you aren't a fan of hers we shouldn't allow people to debase the issues by talking about things like appearance or sexuality.

I'm not a fan but I have lots of friends who look like her and I know how people dress doesn't equate to who they are.

Why not? We can't talk about people's appearance or sexuality, even though it speaks volumes about the image they intentionally portray, their inner thought processes, decision-making, and life experience? We can't state the obvious, or use sarcasm, wit, or humor to caricaturize someone's self-portrayed image? Why not? It is effective, accurate, and enlightening.

ESPECIALLY a public figure. People have every right to poke fun at a public figure. If we can make fun of Presidents and Popes and teen idols, then surely we can make fun of educated TV analysts!

Political Correctness is going to crash this country even faster than the economy and multi-front wars.
edit on 15-11-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Bro, you need to calm down.
Sure she is well educated, she still looks and dresses like a man.
If she dresses in such a way and someone says she looks like a man, where is the harm in that. If you listen to her, she sounds angry a lot, and she looks like a man. SO............Some one called her an angry young man, get over it.

Quad

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The funny thing is, I don't think Rachel would be too terribly offended. I mean, she clearly is not a "girly-girl". I think she would be the first to admit that. She's strong and confident. The only part of that description she might take offense to is the "angry" part.

By the way, here she was in high school, before she "came out". Not bad, heh?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
After reading all the doom and gloom threads and political madness, this thread was great - a good laugh it was

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have met Tricia Macke and spent most of the time talk with the camera man about the best place to set up to frame the shot while she practiced her lines. She is not exactly all glam and glitz when she is not being on camera and dropped the persona quickly. The point being missed throughout is that this was her personal FB page and not her FOX 19's Tricia Macke page. And there is a huge difference between a person and a persona.

Now while we should all try to put our best foot forward when we represent something, it is impossible to live up to that persona 24/7. Those that listen to the various shows regularly that we do might notice that I don't present myself the same way on each of them. Such as the GCC's on the After Midnight show that go on air are self-censored light banter. In reality, I am rather introspective and well...boring actually, at least I think so. On the politics show (still in hiatus) I go with a right of center-right perspective (which appears left of Semper) but really I am rather conservative and a fairly staunch Constitutionalist more than anything.

As to why she would make such a comment, it could be professional jealousy (being an anchor on a local affiliate versus the big time national with less years of TV journalism) or it could be just her personal opinion that she thinks Maddow looks like a man. The fact that Macke has been on a couple local talk radio shows as a guest on 700WLW where the host tend to refer to Maddow as an angry young man and young man on a regular basis may also have been an influence to such a statement slipping out.

However, there is a huge difference between typing and posting versus something slipping out while talking. Even when it is a heat of the moment response. The two day suspension reflects corrective action for those that can't and don't understand the difference between FOX 19's Tricia Macke and just plain old Tricia Macke at home.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Wow. Just wow.

You need to get out a little.

I get out quite a bit.

Where do you think I see these creatures?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Hah, no crap! When you get into your 30's and are married with kids, you count your lucky stars if your wife is as attractive as her. Incidently, my wife looks a lot like her so maybe I'm being partial.

My wife is 27, 5'10" 120 lbs.

I would kill myself if I was ever married to a creature that resembled Maddow.

Since you stated your wife looks like Maddow, I feel the need to ask.....Do people ever call her Sir, Mister, or Buckaroo?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

This is uncalled for.

You don't talk about another mans wife.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Strictsum

Perhaps you missed the part where he brought his wife into it by stating she looks exactly like Mr. Maddow.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well the man child should have been fired since someone who has the mentality of an ignorant nine year old brat should not be in a position to make such petulant rants on national TV.
Though given the fact that Faux Snooze caters to the basest rabble this country has to offer it's not surprising that he works there.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but there is an Adam's apple visible...she is seriously a he.

Wow

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

No, I know he brought it up, but it's his wife.

Thats something I learned as a child. You can talk about many things but a mans wife is not one of them.

Nowadays I guess you don't talk about a womans wife either.

Strict
edit on 16-11-2012 by Strictsum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I think she's cute....certainly has feminine features. Many professional woman keep thier hair on the sorter side reguardless of sexual orientation. Many beautiful woman are still very feminine with short do's, Halle Barry being an example.

I happenen to be attracted to men with long hair, and I certainly don't see them as girls or as feminine.

It was a nasty thing for this anchor to say, and certainly not fitting for a journalist to insult a peer based on thier looks.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm

A Fox news anchor was back on the air Tuesday night following a 2-day suspension for calling MSNBC host Rachel Maddow an "angry young man" on Facebook.

Full article

That is hilarious.

Since Maddow chooses to look like a man, there is no harm in calling her an angry young man.

Just more oversensitive PC bs from the station who suspended her to fend off complaints from the gay community.

Comedy Gold.

The funniest thing about this story is that a Fox employee was called a "news" anchor.

Could it be that Fox is actually waking up to the fact that they are failing on all counts? The racists, homophobes and religious nut-cases are on the decline, and as that continues to happen the ridiculous BS these merchants spout becomes less and less relevant to society.

Perhaps they've finally woken up and now realize that this kind of BS is not supported by the majority of Americans?

And, this is a credibility issue too. You cannot be taken seriously as a "news" broadcaster making those kind of comments. The fact that so many loony Repubs think it's okay shows the kind of cr*p they pay attention to and exposes their own ignorance. No wonder most people laugh at you all!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hil----larious. Why? Because Rachel Maddow dresses like a man. Short hair cut, a hoody with skinny jeans and that long ostrich neck.

All he did was point out the obvious.. No harm in that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join