It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA in Denton Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I live in North Texas and passes a FEMA building in Denton, Texas. After some looking into, I found that it is the first secured underground FEMA faculity here are some links.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Does anyone know anything else, what is listed on this site is all that I can find, most other sites have the exact same pics and article.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've seen it, too. If I remember right, it used to be located in NW Fort Worth, where there is a bunch of federal buildings still.

I think they moved to Denton after the big Tornado in Fort Worth, was it back in 2000/2001? They were paralysed because when the city lost power, and was flooded; their workers couldn't man the facility. I also think they lost equipment and had building damage.

Denton is close enough to the metroplex to organize rescue operations after flood/storm/ terror, but not so close that the workers themselves would be in the same zone as the emergency itself.

I think it the move made a lot of sense.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Anyone here played "Deus Ex"?
The FEMA conspiracy, the heroic player-character JC DENTON?
Spooky...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The facility has been there for decades. Way before the ft worth tornado.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I remember the status of the Denton facility changing in the past 3 or 4 years though, being upgraded? Maybe assigned responsibility for a larger area?

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
yea, they dont need that much staff and underground areas if they are a telephone host center.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The facility that is posted is not a phone center, my father works for FEMA at the phone center. It's a new office building further west on Loop 288. The facility here is rumored to go at least 6 stories deep. When my father was in the Air Force he had a security clearence and saw some documents on this place as well. He says there is supposed to be a war room down there for the president. This was also one of the places a president would go incase of a nuclear war. My father has worked for FEMA for 5 years and hes been in that building only a couple of times for training or something. He was saying one time while he was there he kind of snooped around a little bit, of course only going in the places he was allowed, said he never could find a way down to the bottom floors. They also have a hidden run way behind there made out of grass, so it's hidden a cannot be seen from the road. We've both seen military helicopters land there. Interesting place....

EDIT: I talked to him and he said it is rumored to go down 12 stories and the furthest he has been down is 4 stories. There is also a restaurant down there that he's been to.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by smilee187]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hey guys

Here is an article in the UNT newspaper the North Texas Daily that relates to the FEMA shelter.

www.ntdaily.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Stan Ascher

I found it interesting to read this. Particularly the last part, about sections even the director couldn't access. Now what could be there that he wouldn't be in a position to know about, if he's in charge?

It makes you think:

A) He's lying about not knowing, just doesn't want to tell.

B) He's just a figurehead, and the "closed" part is something bordering on top secret.

C) The government contractors built doors to nowhere.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by smilee187

I'm glad your father didn't have a higher security clearance because we would enjoy proportionately fewer secrets.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by setecastronomy

Here is info on that facility and other FEMA bunkers around the country:

eyeball-series.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The building was constructed as the Southern Pentagon during the Johnson administration. When I was a child we drove by and there were antiaircraft missles visible. I heard 30 years ago that it was constructed on a bed of springs, in a pool of mercury to absorb a nuclear blast.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I am so tired of hearing people complain about FEMA camps saying oh there going to bring everybody to camps and give forced vaccinations filled with a deadly virus and put a microchip in everybody. FEMA may have camps but it is only for preperation for martial law contingence, the government has a plan for a plan for plan about everything. Pisses me off when people sit there and listen Alex Jones cry all day long.

new topics

top topics

join