It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird happening.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I may be still at secondary school but im really interested in UFOs and something really weird is happening at my school.

Every single day at 20 minutes past the hour (any hour from 9-4) everyone in the class, or assembly, or whatever goes quiet for about 3 seconds. At first i thought this was just coincedance, but as it kept happening it got really weird. Recently though it has kinda stopped and instead of everyone going quiet there is an uproar in the amount of noise. Well, i was looking out of thw indow when this happened and realised a very small, but bright light in the sky. I thought this was weird and decided to look to the sky at 20 minutes past the hour, i have been trying to get a picture of it but i only have a camera phone and it isnt very good. Whenever I can get a picture I will and post it here on ATS.

I was just wondering if anyone else had ever noticed something like this.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What kind of class?

Just curious, because in all classes I've been in, 3 seconds of silence would not show since its generally silent the entire session.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Any kind of class, if the classes were generally quiet most of the time I wouldnt have posted but in my school its practically impossible to shut anyone up.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
And the object in the sky is there every time this happens?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yes, it justs hangs there and then something draws my attention away from it (such as the teacher or my friend calling me) and when i look back its either moved dramatically or gone. I havnt told any of my friends because there probably think im mad but i think someone else in the class saw it because they looked out of the window and just kept staring at it.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I would say it wasn't anything to be worried about, but the fact that the object is there each time makes me worry. The chance of it being there the same time frame everytime is odd, Can you tell me if it is there at any other times?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
No, but I think ive kinda seen it out the side of my eye then when I turn round, its not there.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Holy crap that's really freaky. I have seen two UFO's that were just a bright dot, one for about an hour, and the other for like 2 minutes. They were both really bright!

I'm in 8th grade, and I haven't noticed anything like that ever happen, but I'll keep my eye out for anything like that. If it happens on weekends too, get your hands on a telescope and check it out if you can. Even a cheap $75 plastic thing will do.

When I saw the bright dot in my telescope, I saw a translucent object that was teardropped in shape, and wasn't a weather balloon. The NWS didn't launch any weather balloons that day, and it didn't have a brown basket at the bottom like a hot-air balloon. Besides, the tip was pointing to the left (actually right, because telescopes reverse images left to right).

Anyone else have sightings like that, let us know.

[edit on 10/19/04 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Yes, it justs hangs there and then something draws my attention away from it (such as the teacher or my friend calling me) and when i look back its either moved dramatically or gone. I havnt told any of my friends because there probably think im mad but i think someone else in the class saw it because they looked out of the window and just kept staring at it.

You don't have to say "look, there's a UFO" just point out the coincidence to someone else. Coincidences interest everyone. Just say "have you noticed..." or "watch. at 20 minutes past the hour, it gets really quiet." then when it happens, point out the window and say "look at that". Or something to that effect.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You all really need to die....

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ive told my friend and he has also admitted to noticing the happening and the light. One problem with trying to look at it with a telescope is that they dont let us just get a telescope out in the middle of the lesson and start looking at the sky.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Are these sightings in the same classroom?

What i mean is do you have all your lessons on one classroom or do you have different classrooms for different subjects and you notice this bright light in "one" certain room or does it not matter which room you are in you still see this anomoly wherever you are but only when its 20 past the hour?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
its in any classroom and even in assembly!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Is it always to the left of you or the right?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Its always on the right of me because all of the classes with windows (yes, some windows dont have windows, my school is extremely badly built and cheap) are on the right side of the school.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Is it stationary or does it move?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It just sits there stationary and the first time I saw it I thought it was a weather balloon or somint but when it kept reapperaing it just got weird and really freaked me out.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thought it could have been the reflection from a watch but obviously no.

Best thing you could do is get a digital camera and get a few shots of it, theres not muh people can do without seeing it, i doubt you camera phone could get a shot of it in good enough quality for the object to show up, unless you have a really good cam phone.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am going to do all I can to get a picture of it but I cant guarantee anything. If i do though it will be on ATS straight away.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Don't worry about it. Just take mental notes.

When I was your age, in my mind's eye, I swallowed the whole Universe. And since that time there has never been a thought that was too large or too scary to contemplate.

Just follow your instincts and keep to the path of the Light--which is to say, keep to what is true and what causes no harm to any one or any thing.

Being transparent in the world has its benefits. Learn to use transparency to gain understanding.

Native Americans always understood this. Learn from them. They teach manners, not merely content.

It is manners that gets you into the forest, to see things that the brash and the presumptuous never see.

You'll do fine, kid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join