It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Turner: I Think It's "Good" U.S. Troops are Killing Themselves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Ted turner no longer owns CNN.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Turner is crazier than a horse in a car wash. He is flat-out insane.
This is funny:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ted Turner should lead by example. If he kills himself, I'll follow suit. Something I know he'll never do, hence why I'm not worried about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
c'mon....he is saying that...IT IS GOOD THE STORY IS COMING OUT ABOUT THIS!!!....NOT.... that it is good for troops to kill themselves. geez....video editing at it's worse, and all of you suck it up without questioning it.

What editting? I didn't see any pause in the conversation. Did you even watch the vid?

If a not edit is video editting at its worst....

Sorry, I'm not going to take part in that non-sensical argument as it is obviously partisan.
edit on 25-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Ted turner no longer owns CNN.

No argument there but he's still a dickhead.

No argument there either.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The FULL context of the quote:

"well, no... I (stutters)... I think it's good... because, uh, it's so clear that we are programmed, and, and, we're born to love and help each other, not to kill each other, not to destroy each other. That's an aberration, that's left over from, uh, hundreds of years ago. It's time for us to start acting, you know, in enlightenment,"

I agree with one poster that he is referring to the emerging news of military suicides coming out as good, as it shows the stress/strain they have to deal with during war - and not that he's saying "soldiers killing themselves is good". He's saying it's difficult for soldiers to reconcile their wartime actions with human nature, which is to love and help each other, and the suicides are proof of that reconciliation.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I love the hypocrisy of the uber rich.

Ted Turner has fenced off over half of Montana, effectively taking ownership of millions of former free range animals.

It's like James Cameron trying to tell us we need to learn to live with less.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you think the world is overpopulated, and you truly believe that the population should be lessened, then lead by example: kill yourself.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
His point was that it's good that people today aren't as approving of war, but he managed to say it in the dumbest and most offensive way possible.
edit on 26-10-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Anyone who can't see this is taken out of context is either an idiot, or psychotic.

I'm being 100% honest.

You lack CONTEXT, and it is causing you delusions.

<< 1   >>

join