It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Million Volt Cattle Prod Developed For “Crowd Control”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As the American government prepares for civil unrest, they have a new weapon in their ever growing range of tools to implement 'crowd control'.

Say hello to the new, 5 million volt 'battle prod'-

5 millions volts.

A typical police taser is 50,000 volts! Given the current tasers have killed at least 500 Americans, serious saftey questions should be raised if they plan to use a prod capable of giving someone a shock of 5 million volts??!!

www.infowars.com...

'Battle Prod'. Welcome to the future of 'crowd control'.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

But our loving government said these weapons would only be used against those evil terrorists far far away.

G20 Pittsburgh:

edit on 3-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thats to many volts for the police to use. I doubt it will pass.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Why bother with the electric crowd prod?
Just strap us to the electric chair and get it over with.
We are cattle, bred for the slaughter, or to shut up and
work our serf lives for our uber wealthy feudalist masters.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Shocking.

(sarcasm and bad pun rolled up into a single word comment)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
volts dont kill people.

Current kills.

if you get a shock of 5 million volts but only .0001 mA (milli Amps, current) you wont die.

if you get a shock of 5 volts but 50 mA (current) it is enough to kill you.

edit, .0001 mA most likely wont kill you.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I give it 6 months until it's in the hands of the mobster black market crowd. Turn about is fair play...

Des

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Someone dump enough to hit me with this cattle prob
should be damn ready to get hit with my .45 DEAD

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
To OP: It's not voltage that is dangerous, it's current... With sufficiently low current (if I remember correctly, the deadly limit is at 20mA and (temp) paralysis is around 12mA), you can support an electric shock of hundreads of millions volts without even noticing it, it's basically harmless... even if you're exposed to the "shock" for hours.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael
volts dont kill people.

Current kills.

if you get a shock of 5 million volts but only .0001 mA (milli Amps, current) you wont die.

if you get a shock of 5 volts but 50 mA (current) it is enough to kill you.

edit, .0001 mA most likely wont kill you.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

Thanks for that

Still wouldn't fancy getting shocked by one of those things though, it says it takes 20 minutes to come round from it

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Would come in handy for Black Friday sales after Thanksgiving.....

Des

link   
That's an insane amount of voltage. I guess they want a cattle prod that penetrates any and all non conductive clothing a person in the crowd. To me it's just reckless and downright lethal.

For instance a taser does not shock the person with 50,000 volts. The 50,000 volts is just there to insure a solid circuit the instant a circuit is established its steps down to 5,000 volts to reduce the risk of cardiac arrest.

looks like citizens will be forced to open carry loaded pistols for self protection in the near future. Guess the riot control folks haven't figured out that the more they escalate things on their end the more lethal the response will be of the civilian side. You can't senselessly escalate force and not expect severe blowback in response. What are these idiots thinking?

link   
one of these would go nicely on an M4 Colt

When can consumers expect to see this product?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
Someone dump enough to hit me with this cattle prob
should be damn ready to get hit with my .45 DEAD

If you got hit with this prod you wouldn't be shooting anyone. You'll be too busy laying on the ground wetting your pants.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The above post is correct. I have a buddy who is a retired SEAL in trainIng they got to test out the stun belts that are used in court. Says about 50 percent of the seals had involuntary urine or fecal discharge when zapped cause you loose all control of the Bowles.

They want to put these things on assault rifles. Thing is most soldiers would probably opt for more devices that are lethal and are not intended for crowd control so this may not sell too well for the military. The police in riot fear will love it though. Almost seems like protesters to maintain their civil rights will need a guy or two sitting back about 300 yards in an undisclosed location providing over watch to ensure the safety of the crowd from riot police. Send a few 300 winmags downrange and right through body armor like butter and that will get the riot control folks to reasses their methods

top topics

join