It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a shadow of a "person" in this Mars rover image?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I just love how people post without reading the 8 pages of replies first. My mind told me man, because it looks enough like one, but my mind is trying to make something out of nothing. So obviously not a man, besides, what would he be cleaning. No large solar panels on this rover, make it seem kinda pointless to be cleaning it then...

If logic isn't enough to clear this up for some people, click back a few pages and look at the OBVIOUS shadows of the arm/tools and how they could easily create this shadow.

Come on people, I am a conspiracy theorist too, but this whole "Rover not on Mars" thing is getting kinda ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I just thought I'd post this comparison to make it easier to see that this is almost 100% not the shadow of a person.

Thanks 4chi11e for the image which confirmed where the shadow is coming from... at least for me.

Definitely worth a look though... I was baffled and thought it looked very much like a man too, until I had a better sense of the rover's shadow profile... thanks for the thread!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If they accidently captured a picture of a person cleaning the rover in the deserts of chile, that person wouldn't be in what appears as a space suit.

I'd be more suspicious of this being proof of a hoax if the shadow had normal clothing. I think this is the same process that makes us see shapes in clouds.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
i just showed this to my wife and asked her if it looked like their was a person , and as she pointed out it even looks like there is the shadow of hair . which would imply that they are on earth , would it not ?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Guys, space face mask (as i can see spiky hairs and face mask in shadow) & backpack spacesuit concept in shadow looks too similar to the ones, which we saw in Hollywood movies.

Onside note :-

Back in 2009 MSNBC had reported, "Somebody has been regularly cleaning the Mars rover Opportunity"

Source : MSNBC

edit on 1-10-2012 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
I just thought I'd post this comparison to make it easier to see that this is almost 100% not the shadow of a person.

Thanks 4chi11e for the image which confirmed where the shadow is coming from... at least for me.

Definitely worth a look though... I was baffled and thought it looked very much like a man too, until I had a better sense of the rover's shadow profile... thanks for the thread!

if this were a person, the scales of the shadows are totally wrong...

I love how everyone will totally ignore this photo comparison and harp on about some advanced space suit made for a guy who is 2 foot tall and his sole purpose is to wipe the dirt off Rovers camera...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
after reading through the comments here, it seems the shadow does look like a person, but people are attributing a rock on the surface as a visor reflection?! come on, it's a rock.

If a man in a space suit was having to clean the rover manually, that means man is there on mars, so why are we bothering using the rover at all?

if this is a hoax and filmed on earth, why is the cleaner wearing a space suit?

The real truth is the rover is being used to deploy drinking water to humans living in caves on mars, what you see there is the driver retrieving one of those water cooler bottles from the unit to pass to a customer. come on people, get real. talk about seeing things that aren't there. apply some common sense, a few posts up there is a picture of a large arm that extends from the rover with the bottle shaped object at the end. It looks to me like this arm is in a folded position and the shadow you see is that, combined with other instrumentation/housing around it. It's certainly more plausible than a man cleaning it.....

edit on 1-10-2012 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee

if this is a hoax and filmed on earth, why is the cleaner wearing a space suit?

I hope down below news links and images will answer your above question

Why is the cleaner wearing a space suit on earth?

‘Aouda.X’ Mars Spacesuit Successfully Tested In Spanish desert

Image Source : www.redorbit.com...

Down below you can see Astronaut wearing spacesuit in desert here on earth

Image Source : wiki.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

wow! now this IS starting to look weird.

That suit looks the same as the shadow. As i'd never seen it before, it seems a remarkable coincidence that the shadow could look just like that.... my mind is starting to short circuit, i need to go outside for a while and look at some plants or something.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I see hairs, an arm and a backpack.

If it's not, what is it? Can someone show us exactly what it is on the rover?

Thanks in advance.

Time for a good coffee...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I'm one of the people that would like nothing better than to believe that there is someone on Mars to keep up with the rovers maintenance, but I honestly see this as just grasping for straws...

Besides, with the small head, and barrel shaped body, logic dictates that it's obviously this guy...

ecx.images-amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

sure does appear to be a person with that head of hair, might be wrong but.......that is human hair by my eyes!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousR
I'm one of the people that would like nothing better than to believe that there is someone on Mars to keep up with the rovers maintenance, but I honestly see this as just grasping for straws...

Besides, with the small head, and barrel shaped body, logic dictates that it's obviously this guy...

ecx.images-amazon.com...

You are trolling the thread

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

It's called pareidolia. Look it up.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Taz2122

Probably... But can you prove it?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taz2122
reply to post by GArnold

look back a few posts and see the actual suit they are testing on earth for "mars missions". it fits the shadow remarkably well, no?

coincidence?
this, combined with the other similarities with earth, limited NASA evidence... you have to admit, there is a STRONG possibility here that what we are being told is mars is actually footage of training (which they are open about). Look at the landscape of the training site, alter the colour temp a bit and bingo, it's mars... come on, this has to set off alarm bells, especially with the wealth of evidence of media manipulation in other forums here at ATS. These are facts, which when added together, point in a direction worthy of scrutiny. How many clues do people need before they stop passing things off as "tricks of the mind" etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee

Originally posted by Taz2122
reply to post by GArnold

look back a few posts and see the actual suit they are testing on earth for "mars missions". it fits the shadow remarkably well, no?

coincidence?
this, combined with the other similarities with earth, limited NASA evidence... you have to admit, there is a STRONG possibility here that what we are being told is mars is actually footage of training (which they are open about). Look at the landscape of the training site, alter the colour temp a bit and bingo, it's mars... come on, this has to set off alarm bells, especially with the wealth of evidence of media manipulation in other forums here at ATS. These are facts, which when added together, point in a direction worthy of scrutiny. How many clues do people need before they stop passing things off as "tricks of the mind" etc.

Down below is good example of image manipulation:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Why is there an owl in this cup of coffee?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Why is there an owl in this cup of coffee?

Thanks for sharing your Photoshop image but here we are talking about a real image , which NASA says is from Mars

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join