It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox Help Requested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
For the last week I have a wierd kind of freezing up happening with my Firefox browser. I don't udnerstand what's happening.

I suspect it could be some sort of wierd virus attacking my, so I'm going to be doing several scans this afternoon.

But it may also be some sort of Java error.

But I really don't know what it is.

What happens is my top area of the browser kinds of freezes up. I don't know what else to call it. Essentially the only thing I can do is scroll the web page up and down, but none of the buttons, such as file, edit, view, history etc... will respond and i can't click on them. I also can't click on any kind of links on the webpage.

So has anybody else experienced this?

How is can this be fixed?

If my scans don't come up with anything I'll probably just take it in to get fixed completely.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Next time it happens, open task manager and kill plugin_container.exe.

Post results.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Is it the newest version of Firefox?They have been releasing new versions every six weeks or so lately where as it was a version every year before.
If its the newest version try an old version like version 4,if it's an older one try the newest.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
try disabling any add ons/extensions you have. and like an above poster said, check your task manager (ctrl+alt+del).

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Had the same problem. For me it was the real player plug-in not being compatible with a newer version.

Either disable or download an older FF and it should work fine.

I also just close all and reboot FF in order to juggle the RP around. Seems to work for a few days.

Rinse and repeat.

Good Luck!

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I had this same problem with a version of FlashPlayer plugin that went weird after an update.

Killing plugin-container.exe will sort it out temporarily.

Note that it will start itself up again when a plugin is demanded.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
check your "temporary" folder for any toolbar add ons

delete all

peace

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I thought it was just me. I am using chrome because of all the problems I have been having with FF lately.

Especially with the latest installment. I will keep an eye on this, maybe we can find the glitch.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have been useing Firefox for over 6 years now, but beware the new ver they have designed it SH - T it has lots of faults, for a start it cannot see your Fav site list, it freezes every time you play a movie or try to update files, I had to go back to the 2011 ver of Firefox to do my banking etc.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Couple of things:

1) is this happening just on a specific site, or anywhere and everywhere?

2) if it's anywhere and everywhere, i'd recommend a new install. Download "Mozbackup", back up your profile, uninstall Firefox, reinstall your profile (using Mozbackup again), and see how you go. Follow the advice you've been given in terms of updating addons and flash... and see how you go.

Good luck!

Generally (2) will fix most problems in Firefox for me.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
For me it happens a few times a day. Many times when twitter is loaded.. it freezes the entire screen, then I have to left click anywhere and it does the hourglass thing. Sometimes, just have to do the ctrl alt delete, other times it fixes itself.

Usually says something about a script taking to long to load.

top topics

join