It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all Ignorant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Not sure i this is the right forum for this but f not I'm sure the mods will find the appropriate place for it. Now please don't just go flaming me for the title alone. At least hear me out as this should be short and sweet. I think we will all have a similar understanding of this in the end.

First I will just give the deffintion of ignorance.dictionary.reference.com...

ig·no·rant
   [ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPA adjective
lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.

lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.

uninformed; unaware.

due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

Now, I don't believe there is a single human being who knows all and has experienced all this world has to offer. If there is then I am ignorant of his/her exsistence. So it would seem that we are all ignorant of something or another. An example of my ignorance is my lack of knowledge in political procedures and other such things involving politics. I hate politics and all politicians with a passion.I stay away from most political conversations as to not let my ignorance of the subject get the better of me.

We here all day and night here on ATS the term ignorant being splattered around. We all know the site motto "Deny Ignorance". I think there is a large number of people who believe that means they should spend their time trying to rid the ignorance of others. I would like to think that the most important aspect of out motto should be to deny our own ignorances first. Anyone who has been around here for a little time should see how the arguments just keep repeating themselves over and over.

So when you find yourself in a pursuit to attack someone elses ignorance, remember to stop and think about your own. We could accomplish much more with these resources if people could accept that they don't know all. Ignorance is not inevitably a bad thing. I was much more ignorant to many subjects when I first came to ATS, but I have spent much time researching the subjects I have interest in. Now I find less ignorance with some subject yet more with others.

I guess the point of this is just to get some people to think. There is alot of hatred and arguing going on and ignorance lies within it all. I have no problem admitting my ignorances. So what say you ATS? What are you ignorant about?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

It's more about how strong a person's opinion are.

We all know we're ignorant, but opinions can be very strong.

Tell someone they're wrong about something they don't know much about and they're "ok".

Tell them they're wrong about something they think they know about, and it's an argument.

And sometimes it's a philosophical or spiritual difference too. They WON'T change.
edit on 22-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

join