It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan govt to declare Friday a national holiday in honour of Prophet Mohammed in response to a US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Protests continue over anti-Islam film

THE Pakistan government is to declare Friday a national holiday in honour of Prophet Mohammed, officials say, in response to a US-made film deemed insulting to Islam.

The cabinet decided to make Friday an official "day of expression of love for the prophet" after discussing the Innocence of Muslims movie, which has triggered more than a week of violent protests across the Islamic world, a senior government official told AFP.

The decision was taken as up to 500 Pakistani lawyers managed to break through a gate to Islamabad's heavily-guarded diplomatic enclave on Wednesday in a fresh protest to denounce an American-made anti-Islam film.

Wearing headbands inscribed with "Lovers of Prophet, Death to the blasphemer, America's friends are traitors", the protesters chanted slogans including "We are ready to sacrifice our lives to safeguard honour of the prophet".

More than 200 riot police armed with batons and shields stood guard as the lawyers broke through the first of two gates leading to the enclave, which contains most Western embassies in the Pakistani capital.

The lawyers halted at the second gate, where their leaders delivered fiery speeches against the US, urging the Pakistan government to expel the American ambassador and break its "criminal silence" over the film.

A US flag was laid on the ground and the protesting lawyers walked over it one by one. Later they burned the flag.

So here we have the Pakistan government showing in-principle support for the protests against the US film. I find this interesting because Pakistan and US governments have a rather cynical relationship. Whether Pakistan is reacting to what it perceives is a US government supported mockery of their prophet or throwing up their finger at the US or attempting to just appease its own hostile harboring population? More at link about developments in France and Indonesia.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

I'm finding these protests are more laughable than the Film..... its quite pathetic really how such a small thing can enrage so many people on the level that it has even when the whole film hasn't been released!!

Rather Childish IMO.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I believe Pakistan should be high on our "axis of evil" list for so MANY different reasons...

MANY reasons can be discovered while researching them diligently...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
I believe Pakistan should be high on our "axis of evil" list for so MANY different reasons...

MANY reasons can be discovered while researching them diligently...

It is impossible to put Pakistan on the 'axis of evil' list, they have nukes and China has contributed alot towards Pakistani military infrastructure which means China won't tolerate US/israeli aggression against Pakistan.

But i could be wrong, if Iran gets attacked, i am very sure Pakistan will be the last Islamic piece left to be knocked out.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This is just a simple minded solution for the simple minded people (not all Muslims, just the violent ones storming embassy's out of anger of a film with the film budget of less than a middle school lunch, and the production value of Paris Hilton's night vision adult video.

I guess they should make it a friday-sunday holiday to make up for these french cartoons that are going to be published

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

So sick and tired of these distractions.

The US is on the verge of collapse but the media in collusion with the government is doing its best to get Americans focused on whats going on 10,000 miles away.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist

Wearing headbands inscribed with "Lovers of Prophet, Death to the blasphemer, America's friends are traitors", the protesters chanted slogans including "We are ready to sacrifice our lives to safeguard honour of the prophet".

I'm so glad to hear this. Perhaps they will get their chance. Good luck finding those 72 virgins.

Look, France is about to get into the game, so now, they will have to be against the US and France. Who's next? We all know this is just posturing to make the western countries change the laws to cater to them - so they can have more protection for their violent ways.

I say this has gone on far enough and these terrorist have to be stopped. They welcome death, lets give it to them. The cycle must be broken.
edit on 19-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

top topics

join