It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just broke up w/ boyfriend... How can I cheer up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I just broke up with boyfriend today over a few things that I found disrespectful on his part. I had told him months ago to stop it but he continued doing it. I refuse to put up with things like that. Im feeling very down and depressed and need to cheer up.

Recommendations anyone ?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

To get over one is to get under another...

at least that's what I've heard.

In all seriousness...visit with friends and family. Get out of the house. Enjoy the company of others.

Oh...and I'm really sorry to hear that. Never fun.
edit on 9/17/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
I just broke up with boyfriend today over a few things that I found disrespectful on his part. I had told him months ago to stop it but he continued doing it. I refuse to put up with things like that. Im feeling very down and depressed and need to cheer up.

Recommendations anyone ?
Putting the bottle before the babe what a loser...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

keep moving and grooving.

edit on 17-9-2012 by Lysergic because: its hard to type with these tentacles

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Don't stay in the house and keep thinking about it. If you have made up your mind and you are happy with your decision, then go out and have a meal or a drink with some friends you maybe haven't seen for some time and have a catch up.............

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Have a star.

That should make you feel better.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Recommendations anyone ?

It took me a long time to get over my ex fiance when I found she had been unfaithful .. I think the best thing I discovered was the importance of hobbies.. cheerful hobbies like hiking, biking.. creating music.. real life interactions with friends ( not internet chat's exactly ) .. Just allowing your mind not to dwell too much on the negative feelings.. I starting going to comedy clubs also ( though some of those people are so horrible it's depressing in and of itself.. lol )

I do think it's important to confront those emotions, so not to ignore it completely.. just don't allow yourself to wallow in it for too long or it can drag you down...

Key thing .. don't get discouraged.. it takes time.. and don't be quick to rush into another relationship either...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Don't stay in the house and keep thinking about it. If you have made up your mind and you are happy with your decision, then go out and have a meal or a drink with some friends you maybe haven't seen for some time and have a catch up.............

Unfortunately im at work right now, so im trying my hardest to not cry but im on the verge at points. I probably just need to let it out and that should help. I hope. I had forgotten why I dont like being in relationships. Love doesnt exist. Im convinced more than ever.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You dumped him for a reason. Remember that. You were tired of his disrespect and feel you deserve better. Be happy. You made a point to improve your life by removing a negative element. Now, go out and have some fun and forget about this guy.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I honestly don't know if hanging out at ATS is how I'd go about trying to cheer up from short term depression.
Err... nvm... I didn't say that. lol...

Anything good in the movies today? A good old fashioned couple hours in a real theater on a movie the crowds have passed by can by enjoyable at times? Perhaps an evening with a good online game if you have any you play? Just a few ideas... There is always a couple hours at a shooting range too, if you are a gun owner. Practice makes perfect...and perfect practice (or pretending it is anyway) feels awfully good sometimes.

Music works for some, but I've always found it does the opposite by the end of an evening. Too much meaning to too many songs.

link   

Recommendations anyone ?
If there was anyone to win your heart on ATS
And given a chance to cheer you up Who would be given that chance?
Anyone you admire?

link   

Unfortunately im at work right now, so im trying my hardest to not cry but im on the verge at points. I probably just need to let it out and that should help. I hope. I had forgotten why I dont like being in relationships. Love doesnt exist. Im convinced more than ever.

I'll just leave this here:

"You can’t appreciate true love without knowing true pain, in the end the love you gain is worth the heart ache it took to acquire because truly, there is nothing in the world better than looking into the eyes of someone who you know truly loves you.. Everything else fades away and for once in your life you feel complete."

I'm the author.. and I stand by it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

That's because love doesn't exist, just the illusions of it like everything else is an illusion in life. Our feelings, and everything are all manifested by our ego. It really is lonely at the top, when you begin to see and know most of these things.

You will get over him. Everybody eventually gets over someone.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You need a rebound guy. :p

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Make arrangements to meet up with someone when you leave work and have a good chin wag, as we say in the UK.....talking to someone is good......If I was there we could meet up for a chat, but unfortunately I am quite a few thousand miles away...hahaha........................but love does exist I can assure you of that and it is wonderful when you find the one..........all the best to you.........

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
You can do me? you look pretty hot
i'll hit it

Get a grip mate......that's out of order.............

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You are Great, remember that. There is no reason whatsoever to stay in relationship which has disrespectful behavior. You have just saved yourself ! Disrespectful behavior is on sign of abusive in relationship and if you allow that to happen its get only worse.

Don´t stay at home by yourself seek people who love you around you.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

Prepare to feel the wrath of every WK on these forums.......

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I got over my ex by hating the things she did whenever I missed her.

With time it got easier and better.

As for cheering up ... Go buy some KFC ... It's finger licking smile ticking good

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join