It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters storm US Embassy in Yemen in new attack - Protests in Bangladeshi, Sudan, Iran & Morocco

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The crowd swarmed over embassy’s entrance gate. Men with iron bars smashed the thick, bullet-proof glass windows of the entrance building while others clambered up the wall. Some ripped the embassy’s sign off the outer wall.

www.boston.com...

Once again a U.S. embassy has been seized. The U.S. flag was torn down and replaced with a banner that proclaimed: "There is no God but Allah." "Death to America" and "Death to Israel" were chanted by the crowd. Fortunately, no one was hurt and the President of Yemen was quick to apologize.

Also in story:

About 1,000 Bangladeshi Islamists tried to march on the U.S. embassy in Dhaka after protests earlier in the week outside U.S. missions in Tunisia, Sudan and Morocco.

I have been trying to follow this and hadn't heard about the protests in Bangladeshi, Sudan, and Morocco. Is MSM trying to keep this on the down-low?

More protests of this movie in Iran:

Iranian students protested outside the Swiss embassy in Tehran

news.yahoo.com...

I see this as just the beginning of many more un-rests. Time for some super diplomacy, e.g. Presidential message to the world and press conferences. IMHO the President needs to get out of the campaign mode and make this priority one. Being proactive and de-fusing a bomb is much better that waiting for it to explode and pick up the pieces.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

What is there to diffuse?

It's a freaking movie. Grow up and get over it.

Rational adults can see that and say. Wow that's offensive and then go on with their business.

Rioting because it's offensive.... is well offensive.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

And where is our Commander and Chief...oh...that's right, He's out on the fund raising trail....

This is huge boulder rolling down a steep hill. It's going to get much worse,....fast. Anti-American sentiment is no secret, now the festering boil has ruptured.....

I fear for the safety of all Americans in the effected areas. It's time to vacate our Embassies, and bring all personnel home. They need to lock the free-flowing piggy back behind them as they leave.

jmoho....Des

edit on 13-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It sickens me how the left and MSM are actually attacking the creator of the film and defending the Islamic extremists. There are TV shows and "art" in the US that regularly belittles and disrespects Christians. I've never heard a liberal call for those examples to be shut up. Yet, when it comes to Islam suddenly people want to be cowards and give up their rights so they don't make the religious extremists upset.

I don't like religion, period. However, this crap makes me want to get a big decal on my car that says # ISLAM", simply to express my concern for the ability for people to express themselves freely.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Unfortunately....I think more civil unrest against the United States is coming....this is only the beginning.

I have had visions and dreams about all of this...I believe that heaven sent to me those visions and dreams as a warning.

Whatever your spiritual belief is...it is time to pray.

I live in the U.S. and I am now bracing myself for major civil unrest to begin here; I think there will be a time soon that we will be under martial law...for a season. It is time to stock up on water and food etc. if you haven't already.

I admit it...I am scared.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

And where is our Commander and Chief...oh...that's right, He's out on the fund raising trail....

Yeah, I love how the MSM's main focus today seems to be how evil and mean Mitt Romney is for criticizing Obama's response and his policy that lead to this. If they did any actual reporting, it may cause them to harm their dear leader.

Originally posted by caladonea
already.

I suggest getting on some medication or growing a spine.
edit on 13-9-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

What is there to diffuse?

It's a freaking movie. Grow up and get over it.

Rational adults can see that and say. Wow that's offensive and then go on with their business.

Rioting because it's offensive.... is well offensive.

You need to tell that to the Muslims who are seriously offended.

Why not at the Million Man march in Egypt?

I'd love to see you be the guest speaker and tell them just how you feel.

edit on 9/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

It's breaking news on FOX right now, with Karl Rove, Obama, blew off his security briefing yesterday morning to go to a fund raiser in Vegas instead. When his staff was questioned as to why his didn't attend his special security meeting, they were told, he gets a run down of it on a piece of paper.

My gawd...how out of touch with reality is this guy....

Des

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Your sarcastic; I am better than you comments ;are duly noted by me; and very offensive.

I stated my opinions etc. and I stand by what I have said.

It is not an awful thing to admit being scared; and it does not mean a person isn't a strong person. A person can be scared; see the reality of things and still have strength in life.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yes he is and getting ready to Kiss The A%% of, The Muslim Brotherhood Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi.
that's right!

Barack Obama invited Muslim Brotherhood Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi to meet with him in New York next week.

Why to Promise more Aid payed for us, the Tax Payers,,,,, just so mohammand Morsi's bank account can get Fatter!

www.breitbart.com...

www.thegatewaypundit.com...
Obama rejects Netanyahu meeting, invites Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood president to talk...
drudgereport.com...
edit on 13-9-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Barack Obama invited Muslim Brotherhood Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi to meet with him in New York next week.

Why doesn't he just fly to Egypt and speak at this Million Man march protest?

Just another lugee for Netanyahu's face.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

You have every right to be,,,,,, look what we have leading our Country and in-charge of our Department of Justice,,,,,
Who really knows what is lurking out side our doors in the streets, our Government Doesn't.
The current leader and his cronies allow an illegal to speak at the D N C,,, they coddle The New Black Panther Party,,,,,,, makes you wonder,,,,,, Keep you guns loaded,,,,,

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The actions of a few from either side are the only ones to blame, not Islam or the USA.

Those that are causing violence don't appear to be devout Muslims, just some American hating Muslims who are looking for any excuse to wage an attack on America and the West.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by guohua

Why doesn't he just fly to Egypt and speak at this Million Man march protest?

Just another lugee for Netanyahu's face.

For the same reason he doesn't pull our peoples out and discontinue giving Aid to troublesome Muslim Country's,,,,, he's is out of touch with the American Public, Americans don't want another war, obama,,, grow a pair and pull our people out, close the embassies and end military operations and discontinue trade.

Oil,,,,, we have oil,,,, drill for it here and build some refineries, that'll put some Americans back to work,,,, obama,,,,, get your Head Out Of Your Green A** and Let America take care of our own, we can satisfy our own Supply and Demand.
Sorry,,, off topic and ranting,,,,,,, I hate This POS!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just letting you know obama is on tv right now lying his pants off, stammering about how different we are and bound together by a creed of equality.

What is he going to do about the Ambassador Stevens atrocity?

NOTHING!

He is pumping up the crowd w/ a bunch of rebel rousing rhetoric.

He has said nothing and is attempting to garner votes rather than address the ISSUES we face on the Global Landscape which is ready to implode upon the US...

Sick!

"Hard work will pay off, everyone has a fair shot"

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
THIS IS CRAZY. This is dangerous for the US, I am NOT prepared for this!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
CNN addressing the topic of this thread, for about 15 seconds!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Your OP needs to be applauded by every MOD on ATS. I am sorry if I am reposting too much, I am just FREAKED out by this news and am watching conventional tv right now (hardly ever do) and it IS being swept under the rug, we are in serious danger right now as well as all Americans out of country!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Some of the most frighting posts ever on this thread, I agree send Obama over instead of Peoples Family, loved ones!! I am referring to the 50 Marines sent in to the embassy!!! That just cannot really be happening!!!

Bump!
edit on 13-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I've been following your recent threads, S.E.L. star & flag for all

I find myself wondering what our "official" response, as a nation, will be to what many past presidents would have seen as an act of declaring war on the U.S.

I also find it interesting how many people are doing their best to "play down" the serious nature of these events. Making excuses, pointing the finger elsewhere, etc.

I've said it before, and I will say it again........it's only going to get worse. We haven't seen anything yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join