It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your take on the Paralympics?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
i'm not saying those with Disabilities shouldn't be trying in Life.... what i'm saying is that they really don't have to prove anything to anyone....

I disagree. Usain Bolt had something to prove. Sherpa Tensing had something to prove.

Should they just stay at home?

And anyway, it's been great sport and great entertainment, in many respects better than the Olympics itself. And much more inspirational for us sit-at-homes .......

Usain Bolt doesn't shame or humble me. Ellie Simmonds and Hannah Cockroft do.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Because of replies like yours, I have asked he MOD to delete the thread....

You clearly are a Muppet who doesn't understand English and Reasoning!!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

They have nothing to prove to you or me and they don't do it to be a "spectacle" or the butt of "laughs"... they do it to prove something to themselves... and yes, I do get it.

No one has to climb Mt. Everest or go to the moon or swim the English Channel or even cut the grass and have a really nice lawn... they do it for their own pleasure, the competition with one's self... to strive to do better and be better...

A person with disabilities is made to feel like less than a person by "normal" society... so they try even harder to maintain a normal presence in a not so normal world.

A desire to be better, to do the impossible, to really "live" life... to meet a challenge head own for your own satisfaction... these people are champions... as a spectator, they give us the priviledge of watching them achieve these incredible feats... not for laughs or amusement, but in seeing them excell and hopefully inspiring us to our own greatness.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Much better response from you.... I'm impressed!!

Anyways as I stated in post above yours, I have asked the MOD to delete this thread.

i know much more than you think about people with disabilities as I have been living with one for 12 years.... and no I dont sit around moping about it.... I'm actually in the 'Entertainment Business' ....

I guess I was being Concerning in my OP not Mocking or Rude.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join