It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is really at Area 51?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just like the title says what is really at area 51?
edit on 21-8-2012 by JimTSpock because: Wrong section changed topic!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
oops wrong thread...

but to answer your question, i hear the stage for the fake moon landings was it's main purpose.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You think you have questions now, just wait til you hear more about Area 69. That's where all the action is right now.
Good luck with your research.

edit on 21-8-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
SO were the Linky go

Or are we being shutdown again

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

What do you think is at Area 51? Fair question I think.

Des

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I would prefer to hear what he thinks is at Area 69 first!!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

My understanding of Area 51 is that it's an airbase for developing military aircraft like the U-2, SR-71, F-117, B-2, F-22 and SR-91 Aurora. But there seems to be an urban legend that it's the centre for the US military's alien research.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Area 70 is where it's at!!

Area 51? Seriously, if we really knew what was going on there, do you think we would be here?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock

My understanding of Area 51 is that it's an airbase for developing military aircraft like the U-2, SR-71, F-117, B-2, F-22 and SR-91 Aurora. But there seems to be an urban legend that it's the centre for the US military's alien research.

Seems to be an urban legend is an understatement....are you just now finding out about area 51?

Des

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think it's a freak club.
www.area51slc.com

But seriously, I realize there are all sorts of threads. Bit a big list would be cool!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I've been into this stuff for as long as I can remember. The trouble is there isn't much to find out about the so-called area. Maybe there's not much there and it's a distraction, wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I've been into this stuff for as long as I can remember. The trouble is there isn't much to find out about the so-called area. Maybe there's not much there and it's a distraction, wouldn't surprise me.

LOL...I know, we've been led down a crooked path for years. Have you ever listened to any of the old Art Bell archived radio shows on Area 51....some great old programs there.

Des

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

the ATS search function as cumbersome as it may be turned up

About 65,800 results (0.27 seconds)

A51Watcher and Gariac have certainly provided lots on the subject for you to peruse..

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Area 51 is an experimental aircraft airbase. S4 in the mountains south of the base is where the little gray dudes hang out though

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nostromo85

Close, but no cigar. Area 51 is Detachment 3 of the Air Force Flight Test Center (perhaps AFFTC might get a name change). They test black projects there. Experimental aircraft can be tested in the open if you don't care about keeping knowledge of the plane a secret. In fact, much of what goes on at the Mojave Spaceport is related to civilian experimental aircraft.

There is nothing at S-4 but dirt and scrub brush.

Thus the operation at Groom Lake is just an airbase for planes to be tested in secret. They fly on moonless nights. I have watched the base from Tikaboo. Nothing secret flies during the day from my observation. What you see are Janet aircraft and to the best of my knowledge proficiency training on production aircraft. That is, even if you fly a test aircraft, the pilots want to stay qualified on some production aircraft (F-16 for instance). You can hear "high key" and "low key" remarks when the standard aircraft are flown at Groom, which to me sounds like proficiency training.

Google Earth shows the production aircraft at Groom Lake. F-16 for instance. They have or had at least one F-117A, which I photographed from TIkaboo.

Groom Lake also tests foreign aircraft. I photographed a SU-27 from Groom. Now why exactly they need to hide this from the public is beyond me. I presume the test facilities at Groom are unique enough that it makes sense to fly some easily purchased "commie" plane at Groom rather than duplicate whatever gear they have at Groom that is special at some other base. When it was a secret that the US had MIGs, they were tested at Groom.

I have seen the B-2 fly around the range, but I can't say it came from Groom. The thing to keep in mind with Groom Lake is that it is located in the Nellis range where there are plenty of airplanes flying around due to Nellis Weapons school and military exercises. So maybe that F-22 you see is getting some exercise, or maybe it has some sexy experimental avionics on it. You generally can't tell by looking if the plane is specially equipped.

I noticed at the last Red Flag the B-1 was equipped with the sniper pod. But where did I see this first? Well at the Edwards airshow. The B-1 on display and the sniper pod hacked onto it and metallic tape to hold the wires in place. Thus sometimes they just don't care about secrecy. For one thing, doing a project in secrecy makes it more expensive.

They also test experimental gear over the Nellis range, not just the restricted Groom lake airspace. The WB-57 flew with callsign Sunshine 1 over the Nellis range a few years ago, entering the airspace using Bird Dog (DOE) rather than Blackjack (Nellis) or Groom approach. . It was full of sensors. They flew the same plane over Afghanistan allegedly to do a mineral survey, which they did publish. But the mineral locations in Afghanistan were well documented by the Soviets, so it was presumed the WB-57 was looking for something else.

N8300G flew today to the range. Unfortunately there is nobody with an "ear" to the ground (on scene with a scanner) to see how it enters the range. It files to go to NV65 (the DOE Desert Rock Airstrip), but unless you hear the air traffic, i.e. hear the plane talk to Bird Dog (DOE controller), you don't know if it landed there. Often test aircraft file false flight reports to the range, which is perfectly kosher since Nellis handles the ATC.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It can be assumed that in addition to strict aviation platforms being tested there, they also conduct research & development into new and advance radar technology. Missile technology is tested there. And with great vigor, unmanned drones and unmanmed aircraft are also developed and tested at Detachment 3. I'm sure there is nothing short on subject matter at Area 51. There is a good reason they keep buying up more and more public land and keep building bigger and bigger hangers out there.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

There's a b-2 stationed at Edwards that you prob see flying in the range. It's got a hanger on the south end of the base. Looking at google earth, you can see where the b1 and b52 park. The b-2 hanger is right there

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

Checking the Nellis wiki (I should know better), it states at Nellis no longer has a B-2. But then you check the 325th WPS wiki, it says a Whiteman B-2 is based at Nellis. But the B-2 you see around the range could easily be the one from Edwards. At aircraft speeds, Edwards and Nellis are not much different.

I pulled this from the Nellis website:

The eleven USAFWS squadrons based at Nellis are the 8 WPS (Command and Control Operations), 16 WPS (F-16), 17 WPS (F-15E), 19 WPS (Intelligence), 26 WPS (MQ-1/MQ-9), 34 WPS (HH-60), 57 WPSS (Operational Support), 66 WPS (A-10), 315 WPS (ICBM), 328 WPS (Space), and 433 WPS (F-15C/F-22). The seven geographically separated units include the 14 WPS at Hurlburt Field, Fla. (AC-130/MC-130/U-28); 29 WPS at Little Rock AFB, Ark. (C-130); 57 WPS at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J. (C-17); 77 WPS at Dyess AFB, Texas (B-1); 325 WPS at Whiteman AFB, Mo. (B-2); 340 WPS at Barksdale AFB, La. (B-52); and the 509 WPS at Fairchild AFB, Wash. (KC-135).

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I don't think Groom buys public land. They just take it. It all goes back to not needing no stinkin' badges!

The Public Law Orders for the various land grabs near Groom have not been renewed. With that knowledge and $600 to pay the fine, you can cross the border.

It is funny that they did renew the PLO for Base Camp, but that might have been only to make it bigger at the same time. They didn't even bother to fence the new land they acquired as far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Nothing!

It doesn't exist, my government told me so and they NEVER lie!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join