It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia high school choruses reportedly not diverse enough to perform with Atlanta

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Two high school choruses will reportedly not perform with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra this year because their groups are not racially-diverse enough.

WSBTV.com reports that the Walton and Lassiter High School choruses in Cobb County will not get a chance to perform with Atlanta’s professional this fall as a result of the determination. "This year, the schools were informed by symphony officials that their choruses are not diverse enough, and that the symphony would be inviting a third, more diverse chorus," Cobb County Schools spokesman Jay Dillon told the website.

Local residents told the website the decision reeked of discrimination.

www.foxnews.com...

This is utterly ridiculous.

And I'd get the ACLU involved in a lawsuit for discrimination and anything else I can think of.

edit on 8/17/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Welcome to my world... That's the type of story that's on the news nearly every day here in Atlanta. We're used to it 'round here... Wonder what ATS will make of it.

Most Atlanta people just shrug and walk away - knowing that there are the die hards here who'll keep fighting wars whether they end(ed) or not.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Basically their saying "hey your white, we don't want you" And the bleeding heart liberals won't say this is racism.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Saw that on WSB last night.

The interesting thing, though, is that Cobb county is predominantly white, and the school would likely be almost all white, or an extremely large majority of whites.

I want to say i heard that they had previously played with the ASO (Atlanta Symphony Orchestra) but that they are just now saying, "Ya know, you aren't diverse enough," which is ridiculous because the school can't really control the demographics of its district (that's another debate), and they can't just bus minorities in for the band/chorus...So, the chorus/band doesn't get to play due to something it likely can't control anyway, and something that is not its fault.

This is just ridiculous all around.

*shaking my head*

ETA: And even if the school did have a decent minority population, who's to say they even wanted to be in chorus!?!
edit on 17-8-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
All black choirs are ok though, right?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was not aware that every living being can sing in tune.
I was not aware that every living being can read music.
I was not aware that every living being can run as fast as Bolt
I was not aware that every living being can swim like Phelps
I was not aware that every living being can do math like Einstein
I was not aware that every living being will die the same way.
I was not aware that every living being can do space walks.

Either you got it or you don't,
Either you get it or you don't
Or you whine cuz you didn't try to get the got.
and that is my thought.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So, they don't care which group is the best, only what color of skin they have? I sincerely hope that the entire event is boycotted. This is beyond ridiculous. I would bet that the reason other schools didn't get "a chance" before is that they weren't as good. So, is this sort of racism the "hope and change" we were promised?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Basically their saying "hey your white, we don't want you" And the bleeding heart liberals won't say this is racism.

Originally posted by Juggernog
All black choirs are ok though, right?

As long as you remember that its not the black community whose asking for this to happen. The people imposing these stupid "regulations" are no doubt white, unknowingly causing more divide. Well I say unknowingly but more than likley they know full well what they're doing.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've had a crazy idea - it's called 'Freedom of Association'.

How about letting all the white people who simply want to live with their own kind, do so, and then the remaining whites who actually want to live in a 'diverse' (LOL) society, can do so, and then all the non-whites who share that society with them will never experience 'racism' ever again.

Gee, that was easy, wasn't it. Cue somebody finding a problem with the most obvious solution...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
ETA: And even if the school did have a decent minority population, who's to say they even wanted to be in chorus!?!
edit on 17-8-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

What 'minority'? White people are less than 15% of the world's population. Why don't they have the right to have their own countries any more?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Two high school choruses will reportedly not perform with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra this year because their groups are not racially-diverse enough.

WSBTV.com reports that the Walton and Lassiter High School choruses in Cobb County will not get a chance to perform with Atlanta’s professional this fall as a result of the determination. "This year, the schools were informed by symphony officials that their choruses are not diverse enough, and that the symphony would be inviting a third, more diverse chorus," Cobb County Schools spokesman Jay Dillon told the website.

Local residents told the website the decision reeked of discrimination.

Discriminating against something because it's not racially diverse enough is racial discrimination in and of itself. If it wasn't, then it wouldn't matter what race anyone was diversity or not.
edit on 21-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Political correctness needs a freaking genocide...

I'm from Atlanta also and what is sad is the hypocrites when it comes to race and pride in your culture.

for example black pride/power and pride in being black is politically correct and applauded.

white pride/power and pride in being white is OMG RACIST! HAVE THEM FIRED! HAVE THEM DESTROYED

and the entire political correct machine that serves to change the definition of words, like phobia means fear of, and always meant fear up till last 20-30 years the political correct movement slowly changed phobia to also mean passionate hate.

so if you personally are against gay lifestyle you are OMG HOMOPHOBIC
or if you have pride in your race or culture OMG YOU ARE RACIST unless you are black.

People are brainwashed by political correctness but it's a cancer on this world and needs to be cut out, all this crap and forcing classes to have equal number of blacks and whites, regardless that there may not be blacks smart enough for that class to equalize it, or smart enough whites to equalize it they still want it equalized.

sorry, but humans are not equal.

When the founding fathers said "All men are created equal"
people use that nowdays to say yep we are all equal.. but WRONG. Read the sentence again. we are CREATED equal. So at our births only are we all equal. When we grow up and what we do with our lives is what brings about individualism, diversity, personal choices aka prejudices and personal opinions.

but political correctness wants to remove our individuality, our personal prejudices, and homogenize the world so we are all sheep that think alike and are zombies for the political correct machine.

Anyhow, Screw those bastards, it would be nice if the ACLU sued them out of existence but of course it won't happen and people will just keep rolling over and shrugging as they always do.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Whenever you make a choice based solely on race, you open yourself up for a lawsuit.

I think that some of the parents of the kids that weren't included because they were too white, should file a lawsuit claiming their children have been discriminated against based solely on race and that their children's lives have been damaged.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is another example of how white privilege creates opportunities for whites.

Only they were too white so they didn't get to do this.

White privilege sucks.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

I sincerely hope that the entire event is boycotted. This is beyond ridiculous.

While I can agree with your sentiment... I hope you are being facetious - have you looked at the demographics in Atlanta lately? I'm sure this event will be a hit.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

I would bet that the reason other schools didn't get "a chance" before is that they weren't as good. So, is this sort of racism the "hope and change" we were promised?

I think he has done exactly as I expected him to do - divided the country along racial and class lines.

edit on 21/8/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by packoftwenty

Originally posted by n00bUK
As long as you remember that its not the black community whose asking for this to happen. The people imposing these stupid "regulations" are no doubt white, unknowingly causing more divide. Well I say unknowingly but more than likley they know full well what they're doing.

It may not be the black 'community' asking for this to happen, but it sure is blacks who spend all their time desperately trying to force themselves into white people's living space, and then terrorise us into submission when we object (with cries of 'racism', which get you sacked from your job, then you can't get another job, you lose your house, and everything. That's TERRORISM).

Most white people want to live in an all white country.

If you want to live in an all white country, i suggest you go build a log cabin in the woods and get ate by a bear. Because that'll never happen, your a dying breed, white woman no longer want white men. And white woman are gonna breed with other races until your ignorant folks are gone. All you guys on here crying about racism against whites, and (black people this black people that) know damn well you've put other races through alot worse. And it's just gonna get worse for you, because the more we grow, the more places of power we get. And you know I'm talking about you because everything i've said pisses you off.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
If you want to live in an all white country, i suggest you go build a log cabin in the woods and get ate by a bear. Because that'll never happen, your a dying breed, white woman no longer want white men.

First of all to quote Samuel Jackson “English...., do you speak it?”

Second, you have to be trolling with this response - god I hope so. Please be trolling.

And it's just gonna get worse for you, because the more we grow, the more places of power we get. And you know I'm talking about you because everything i've said pisses you off.

Please see Haiti as a case study in your application of this principle before you go on about how great an "all black" government utopia can be. Never has stood on its own and never will. Classic example of the "oppressed" throwing off the yoke and taking charge...and turning the county into a craphole of crime and dependence on foreign aid.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

If you want to live in an all white country, i suggest you go build a log cabin in the woods and get ate by a bear. Because that'll never happen, your a dying breed, white woman no longer want white men.

First of all to quote Samuel Jackson “English...., do you speak it?”

Second, you have to be trolling with this response - god I hope so. Please be trolling.

And it's just gonna get worse for you, because the more we grow, the more places of power we get. And you know I'm talking about you because everything i've said pisses you off.

Please see Haiti as a case study in your application of this principle.

I dont get what your implying....? You want to live in an all white country, I said it'll never happen. Because your a dying breed. Now how is that not speaking english and trolling ?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Whites are a dying breed ? lol we are 8x the number of you - The only ones who challenge us are latinos and they arent your biggest fans either.

Every race is racist so before you go tooting your own horn look what we did to wesley snipes, little kim, micheal jackson, rihana, nicky minaj. The lesson there is simply adapt by bleaching your skin or go to jail. ahahahahahahahahaha

My room mate is black and has credit problems ahahahahahahha

Maybe you could come up with some more jokes funny guy because the reality is you dont stand to benefit from Obama being president any more than i do. ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

edit on 21-8-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join