It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to End Immigration Worldwide - Everyone for Themselves

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Nobody owns this planet or its land but the human race as a whole. Your borders drawn with the blood of the natives are a disgusting reminder of why we're still stuck in this primitive state. We are all one, stop segregating. I will travel my planet as i so please. Try to stop me if you dare..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Originally posted by ragsntatters
reply to post by Pedro4077

Just as the Abos weren't happy with the arriving ships from the West. Look what happened there. They assimilated because they got rid of the originals and built their own numbers. The Australian flag is pretty much a British flag with stars on it. Where is the Aboriginal-ness to it? Were their feelings and national pride considered? Did the immigrants bother to learn their culture and assimilate into it?

200+ years ago mate, 200 years. Lets stick to modern problems.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

The modern problems is that we still have these invisible borders and stupid nationalism which makes war all so easy for those that want it to gain financially and politically.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
this is EASY!

Just end corporate pirate tactics and have every business stay in its native country, end fiscal paradises that serve as bastions for bled public money never reinvested in its countries of origin and end internationalism...

that would do it. Your wealth is your peoples and you expose it to the world through exports. No setting up shop in foreign countries so as to get cheap labor and bleed natural resources and wealth of host countries. Small pie, big bite by the people...you know, wealth in proportionate to their population and their labor of said resources and rewarded with actual wealth.

Then you won't have mass migration in search of the wealth their country was robbed of.

.....DONE!

edit on 16-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: fix

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragsntatters

Bit hypocritical innit? Same problem, people coming in and being rubbish. Only the rubbish people took over 200 years ago but that still doesn't make it ok.

We can change our futures, but not our past.

That's why I prefer to live in the present, not the past.

Let it go mate - 200 years.

Its funny how the past keeps becoming the present, its said to learn from ones mistakes yet we keep seeing history repeat it self. Banning immigration only creates more boundaries for the divide and conquer technique.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
There's a difference between immigration, emigration and colonisation.

I'm an Australian who has an English friend that moved here 4 years ago. They haven't had permanancy for two years, so they are not yet entitled to anything from the government. Then we have someone from Sudan/Somalia/Afghanistan who comes here and they are given full government support and entitlements, even if they have arrived illegally. These people usually (not always) don't assimilate into society. That's the issue here, if they don't want to assimilate, surely they can find another country with customs and beliefs similar to their own.

Not the lucky country for much longer.

So the issue is the governments policies, better yet the government. Is humanity still so infantile that it needs to be governed by individuals prone to corruption. However it seems the anger is directed toward immigrants usually of darker colored skin instead of the government that make this possible.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hey, yes all these countries that can't even control their own population should stay in their own country.
these people arriving can't even adjust into our communities with out causing conflict, we are importing criminals. they should be sent back. yes majority don't understand English.

I went to a phone shop at southern cross station in Melbourne, half of these Indians didn't have a clue. even dealing with them when the product didn't work was hard enough.
If I went and migrated to another country I would at least learn that native language.
Don't get wrong on the Indian thing I have met some nice Indians you can understand but these ones were mixing up words and made no sense.

Our welfare system in Australia will not be sustainable come 2015 - 2020 thats my estimated dead line for the governments failure.

Most of these illegals are fleeing their own country because of corruption and violence. I was told to fix my problems instead of running, why can't the same apply here.

edit on 16-8-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
Hey, yes all these countries that can't even control their own population should stay in their own country.
these people arriving can't even adjust into our communities with out causing conflict, we are importing criminals. they should be sent back. yes majority don't understand English.

I went to a phone shop at southern cross station in Melbourne, half of these Indians didn't have a clue. even dealing with them when the product didn't work was hard enough.
If I went and migrated to another country I would at least learn that native language.
Don't get wrong on the Indian thing I have met some nice Indians you can understand but these ones were mixing up words and made no sense.

Our welfare system in Australia will not be sustainable come 2015 - 2020 thats my estimated dead line for the governments failure.

Most of these illegals are fleeing their own country because of corruption and violence. I was told to fix my problems instead of running, why can't the same apply here.

edit on 16-8-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

What a joker you are,

You were told to fix your problems were you, Why wouldn't you fix the problem with your phone yourself then instead of relying on another and then complaining about the other that's trying to help with your issue.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This kind of mentality is a discrace to human beings. Our very being should be that of compassion. This is the opposite of compassion. If their country didn't suck so bad, they wouldn't want to be in a different one. Is the OP referring to immigrants that come to the USA? You forget, the United States is the United States because of immigration. We are all immigrants. And when we came here, there were no laws so we were all 'illegal'. Native's were here first. They are not the majority anymore.
All the immigrants I work with as well as illegals are way more hard working than they get credit for. They know what its like to struggle so they take little for grantid, unlike the lazy spoiled USA borns who have every desire at the turn of a corner. Even an illegal immigrant can file a tax return; our government gives illegals a number to use. Think of this...the tax dollars that those people pay are the tax dollars that pay for the immigrants that are on welfare, not your tax dollars. Yours goes to fund the members of your family that may need assistance from time to time.
Our government has made it so easy to get welfare, Americans soon settle for welfare than take a minimum wage job. Steak is expensive. The immigrant will be considering minimum wage a pay increase. Rice is cheap.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
There's a difference between immigration, emigration and colonisation.

I'm an Australian who has an English friend that moved here 4 years ago. They haven't had permanancy for two years, so they are not yet entitled to anything from the government. Then we have someone from Sudan/Somalia/Afghanistan who comes here and they are given full government support and entitlements, even if they have arrived illegally. These people usually (not always) don't assimilate into society. That's the issue here, if they don't want to assimilate, surely they can find another country with customs and beliefs similar to their own.

Not the lucky country for much longer.

So the issue is the governments policies, better yet the government. Is humanity still so infantile that it needs to be governed by individuals prone to corruption. However it seems the anger is directed toward immigrants usually of darker colored skin instead of the government that make this possible.

The anger is directed at those that make the policies and those that don't assimilate, not by the darkness of their skin. I'm against those who become a drain on our society instead of at least trying to become a part of it. I never once indicated that all immigrants are like this.

To those that go on about lines on a map and we should do away with borders, get back to reality! Would you like your one world government with those open borders? I bet you would!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'd rather promote a form of regionalism (instead of globalism or every one for themselves)..Some countries just cant cope with their own problems, and the region around it should have a form of responsibility. Just like people should look after neighbors in their street(social control), and not after those at the other end of the city.
The Middle East should take care of its own problems and refugees, enough welfare, money and advanced military over there(UAE, Saudi Arabia etc), Africa (Union) should take care of the problems in Somalia, Sudan etc, its their backyard not ours..
Refugees should be taken care of in the nearest region, the only thing we might do is channel some development money to those regions who might need a little support to take care of the refugees. But come and think about it, in the EU countries as Greece are already developing (periphery)countries, they could better use our development money than some backward sub Saharan country..
Most important, most regions share the same culture(within the region) otherwise globalism is gonna make sure we get that clash of civilizations.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
OK the "End Worldwide Immigration" is Unrealistic, but we must be more wise with the type of immigrants we allow into this country.

Check out the severe beating that the guy cops in the ozsoapbox link, below youtube.

Sudanese Crime in Melbourne

We didn't have these problems in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's when we had a lot of Italian, Greek and Vietmanese Immigrants. They are a great part of the Australian Society.

The new arrivals are just causing hatred and disgust for our immigration laws.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharTruce
This kind of mentality is a discrace to human beings. Our very being should be that of compassion. This is the opposite of compassion. If their country didn't suck so bad, they wouldn't want to be in a different one. Is the OP referring to immigrants that come to the USA? You forget, the United States is the United States because of immigration. We are all immigrants. And when we came here, there were no laws so we were all 'illegal'. Native's were here first. They are not the majority anymore.
All the immigrants I work with as well as illegals are way more hard working than they get credit for. They know what its like to struggle so they take little for grantid, unlike the lazy spoiled USA borns who have every desire at the turn of a corner. Even an illegal immigrant can file a tax return; our government gives illegals a number to use. Think of this...the tax dollars that those people pay are the tax dollars that pay for the immigrants that are on welfare, not your tax dollars. Yours goes to fund the members of your family that may need assistance from time to time.
Our government has made it so easy to get welfare, Americans soon settle for welfare than take a minimum wage job. Steak is expensive. The immigrant will be considering minimum wage a pay increase. Rice is cheap.

There are people from all over the world who would love to leave their country but can't afford to leave their own neighborhoods, never mind move to another country. You speak of the hardworking illegals and lazy, spoiled USA born people. I myself and many other Americans have worked our butts off through the years, and I'm not talking pushing a pencil behind a desk type of jobs. We too know what it's like to struggle. We have many citizens choosing between food or life saving medicines. I doubt very much that they take anything for granted. How very rude and assuming of you to say such things.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

OK the "End Worldwide Immigration" is Unrealistic, but we must be more wise with the type of immigrants we allow into this country.

Check out the severe beating that the guy cops in the ozsoapbox link, below youtube.

We didn't have these problems in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's when we had a lot of Italian, Greek and Vietmanese Immigrants. They are a great part of the Australian Society.

When i was talking about regionalism i didn't considered the role of Australia, i recon your country has a magnetic effect on immigrants in the region of Oceania. Your country can harbor so many people and yet they all go to the big cities right? It still has the same effect of many different cultures living in close proximity, like in Holland..
Is it because of the large border that it is hard to control immigrants?(although Howard tried) Cause i believe New Zealand has a much stricter policy considering immigration/visa/workpermit..
edit on 17-8-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Look is very simple but no one seems capable of grasping it. The major source of immigration is AN OUT OF CONTROL BIRTH RATE supported by the UN's refusual to make food relief dependent on the use of Free Contraception and an education programme which leads to women's rights and the choice of how many children she will bear.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

If You Were Born There - Stay There

Immigration these days is all about Poor, War Torn, Bloodthirsty Religious Fanatics moving to Western Countries. These people are a drain on Welfare with their Unrestricted Breeding and lack of Education.

Why should we foot the Bill for this?

Many times they do not even bother to learn English, or the Socially accepted practices of the Nation that has adopted them.

Call me a Racist if that makes you feel better, but it is a fact. Who is immigrating to Somalia, who is immigrating to the Philippinnes, who is immigrating to Haiti?

If these people can't control their population in their own countries, don't you think with all the welfare entitlements they will just have bigger family's in their new country?

We must look after ourselves.

Triple wow.

So you

1. Hate the military (who will inevitably protect our borders if the real SHTF and everyone flocks to Australia) - or do you see yourself protecting your home and family?
2. Hate religion, and mock those who do believe in a higher power.
3. Hate immigration - so you'd rather let people die in abject poverty & suffering, rather than help?

I don't think the immigration policy of Australia is an easy subject, and I don't think there is a simple answer - but surely, just shutting our borders and saying "Go back to where you came from, we don't care!" is an even poorer policy?

What if you were born in Somalia or Afghanistan - and there were countries who had the means and the financial power to take you in and save you, and your family, from a fate worse than death ... and then you heard of a keyboard warrior saying "No, let them stay where they are and die!"

How would you feel?

I really, truly pity you, because your life must be filled with hate & resentment; it seems as tho you don't have an ounce of compassion or empathy for the people you share the world with.

Just because you were priveleged enough to be born in Australia, does not give you the right to gloat and deny life to others less fortunate. Shame on you.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

If You Were Born There - Stay There

I actually agree with you, but not at all for the same reasons. With more and more deadly diseases promising to come our way (N1H1) and biological weapons just a flight away, maybe it's time for every nation to close their borders and international flights. Of course, I'm saying this not out of logic, but of fear.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You've got to be kidding me.

You do realise what happened in 1788, don't you?

One of the oldest living cultures on earth were going about their daily life - when these huge ships appeared. Low and behold, the next 200 years were centered around the strategic and purposeful killing, rape and resettlement of the Aboriginal people.

And now, you have things like the Cronulla riots in 2006, which were "Australian" people beating the living sh!t out of innocent, "non - Australians" on the streets.

For any YouTube video of a Sudanese beating up a person on the street, I can find you 20 of an "Australian" beating up someone on the streets.

You are a fear and hate monger - you're as bad as the shock jocks who try and sway public opinion, and your rhetoric is not based on fact.

Shame. Shame. Shame.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
then you should stop invading ... and oppressing other countries ... as in most cases the people are seeking better lives elsewhere due largely to your countries foriegn policies and mass murder for profit around the world ...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Much of the developed western world have ageing populations - coupled with advancements in medicine, increased hygiene and better nutrition ....... people are living longer.

More retirees = declining workforce
More retirees = greater strain on health care, pensions etc. etc.
More retirees = less revenue for state coffers

As standards of living increase - family sizes decrease -

Immigration is a necessity -

If you intend financing a society into the next 50 years and beyond - the worker to retiree ratio is crucial. (see current worldwide pension crisis)

You can encourage (financial incentives) your "native" population to have more children - .
Or if that fails - you encourage immigration.

There are of course serious concerns regarding the impact large scale immigration can have on host populations - no doubt - but ending "Immigration Worldwide" isn`t the answer.

Inter-generational conflict awaits many industrialized western nations in the coming decades.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Thats fine and dandy, but it works only when the immigrants work. If they just stay on welfare or turn to crime, then immigration will not help, and will in fact only worsen the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join