It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You A Societal Aberrance?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Klassified

If you believe the American voting and political system are there to give the illusion of choice, you are a minority.

Really? I thought it was a popular belief.

Only on ATS from my experience. I could be wrong though.

1. Agreed.
2. This may have some merit. At least until we get past our dependence on oil.
3. Agreed.
4.This should be the rule everywhere on earth, for all cultures. If a country doesn't want Americans within their borders, we should abide by that.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Judging by what I've seen of this world, the aberrations are the so called "normal and adjusted" people. If they even exist. In 46 years I have yet to meet a single person who was not screwed up in some way or another. Some folks just hide it better than others.

~Heff

Yep. That's some aberrant thinking there.
But you're right.
edit on 8/13/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
never mind
edit on 13-8-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am curious of your point to this?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Anyone here seen that twilight episode where the mad scientist took samples from the most evil animals on the planet to make the most evil thing ever created?

You guessed it, the scientist created humans.

That's what I believe.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Dear Klassified

When I was about 14 years old I looked around me. By the way that was a very long time ago.

On looking I said to myself I am going in entirely the opposite direction to what I was observing, almost no matter in which direction it was going.

Why am I right? Well I may not be right for you, but for sure after a great deal of thought I am right for me and too me that is what counts.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I am curious of your point to this?

Admittedly, it is a bit complex, yet simple at the same time. As others have said, ATS is a microcosm of society. I would go one step further, and say it is a microcosm of a global society. In effect, we here at ATS, are a one world community, under the authority of a corporate governing body. I find this to be a fascinating laboratory. It isn't perfect, but it's as close as I have found. We have an excellent cross-section of multiple societies in sufficient numbers to show marginal global diversity in our membership.

Adding to that, we have a common thread that loosely, but succinctly binds us together as a society. Conspiracy. This has attracted and amassed a community of mostly aberrant thinkers and non-conformists. However, as a community, we have our own aberrant thinkers that would actually be considered normal outside of this domain.
I'm not going to single any types of members out, but think about it. Who are the "aberrants" here at ATS? And I'm not saying that's bad or good. It just is.

So the point of the thread is multi-faceted.
It asks the questions, and subtly draws attention to the aforementioned.
It seeks to know who is acutely aware of their non-conformity, and who is oblivious to it. In both worlds.
It seeks insight into the duality of life for many of our members here. (Note that many do not talk a lot about their ATS life outside of this domain. Nor do they go into details here about their life outside of this domain. Which is understandable on the face of it for obvious reasons. But the underpinning of that...)
The list could go on and on.

Unfortunately, I am not a writer, and therefore, not a good thread starter. In fact, I'm terrible. I need a ghost writer. I have a hard time translating what's in my head to my fingers with any eloquence or fluidity. My mind is too technical and analytical, which I suppose is why my occupation is technical and analytical. But I try anyway. I think I've improved since I joined this community.

edit on 8/14/2012 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Oddly our backgrounds are very similar after reading through some of your other posts. I was raised by an aunt and uncle (for the most part), and a father who left at a very young age whom I still have had no contact with. I had huge curiosity in the paranormal which I sought out a path into the Christian religion for hopes of answers, becoming almost a zealot in my faith but only to finally abandoning it due to inconsistencies and deceptions of men. After spending many years as an agnostic I am finally finding myself seeking again, through yoga, meditation and strangely enough astronomy but learning to let go of my ego is a challenge.

Good luck in your observations and maybe let me know what truths if any that you find.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join