It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney/Ryan 2012 Means We'll Ignore the Biggest Issue of Our Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Romney/Ryan 2012 Means We'll Ignore the Biggest Issue of Our Time

I am not a fan of Paul Ryan, but it's easy to see why both conservatives and the Obama campaign are fans of this pick. They're fans for the same reason, because putting Ryan on the ticket tends to cement the idea of the 2012 election as a choice between two competing ideological visions

I imagine Obama and Biden are high fiving in the oval office..

Romney and Ryan will run on the principle that federal revenue should stay at its long-term historical average, even if that means completely abrogating the federal government's longstanding commitment to the living standards of the elderly and to playing a certain role in financing of infrastructure and education nationwide. Obama and Biden will run on the principle that we should try to more or less find ways to keep meeting the programmatic commitments the federal government has upheld

They will on "if you are poor or middle class you are screwed platform" Obama and Biden will have a field day running this into the ground. And Ryan's tax plan is just about saying that he's wanting to cut food stamps gut other social services and privatize medicare. All the while giving tax breaks to the rich.
edit on 11-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That's a pretty farfetched view if you ask me.
The Obama ideal of demonizing success, creating more helpless dependents, celebrating victimhood, eviscerating the middle class, and destroying any semblance of what made the United States successful is the "biggest issue of our time."
His fiscal insanity and philosophical treason is the worst national security threat this nation has ever faced in its history.
The "entitlements", programs, and agencies created to destroy individual and local sovereignty must be eliminated if this country wants a chance to avoid total collapse and to retain any of the founding principles which are far more advanced and intelligent than any of the backwards centralization schemes that are the sole reason for the poor living standards of many Americans.
A society that celebrates losers and calls winners "evil" will have an extremely short lifespan.

It may be too late already. Hoping there's a Galt's Gulch close enough to escape to as the looters consume each other.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Some of you still believe that you have a choice on the direction of your country? Fools.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Both sides need to explain how to get jobs created by the millions.

That alone will raise the government revenues.

And that will automatically lower the assistance programs costs.

Now work on getting that $16 Trillion debt paid off and cut some of the wild spending and most of all ...

Cut the Corruption

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yes, conquering greed is truly the biggest issue of our time. (Unless aliens attack)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Yes, conquering greed is truly the biggest issue of our time. (Unless aliens attack)

The government can not conquer greed no matter what it does. Nor can it conquer lust, gluttony, anger, jealousy, or many other problems. Trying to conquer greed is like trying to build houses from smoke.

I think the OP's position is that the biggest issue of time is to continue taxing and borrowing money in order to pay a larger and larger entitlements bill.

If you firmly believe that that is a larger issue than the Middle-East or other spots ready to explode into wars; if you believe that it is larger than jobs and a failing economy; if you believe that it is a larger issue than Americans' freedoms and liberties being eroded, then fine, vote against Romney/Ryan.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Sorry dude, what I meant was the biggest issue on the planet in our time is greed, which is the root cause of all these wars and political strife, and almost all human related problems. Why does a guy that has enough money for the rest of his life have to keep seeking out more? Of course governments cannot solve this problem the individual members are usually the greediest people around.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
yeah lets keep throwing money at education.
it can only get better with government. right?
hows another trillion sound?

how about the war on poverty.
16 trillion down the hole, and nothing to show for it.
110 million souls on government welfare.
40+million souls on foodstamps.

how about we spend 5 trillion next year alone.

that should fix it right?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Dear jeantherapy,

My mistake, I misunderstood. I agree that the lust for money and power is one of the great problems, world-wide, of all time. (I personally would put pride at the top, but I may be splitting hairs.) I would really like all people, starting with me, to examine themselves for the evil tendencies we all have hiding, then root them out.

Both Obama and Romney have enough money to keep them for the rest of their lives. In Romney's case, I think he is taking a pay cut to be President. I'm certain he could make more running some of the Bain funds.

But I think the OP was talking about the biggest issue in the upcoming election. If I understand him correctly, he seems to be in significant error.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I bet Romney would slash medicare funding by 700 billion. Oh nevermind that was Obama.
miamiherald.typepad.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
^^^^^^^Don't feed the trolls people.^^^^^^

Romney and Ryan want to put the burden of reducing the deficit on the poor and needy and yet are unwilling to even touch defense spending and pledging more money toward defense spending, these guys are handing the election to Obama. This all seems very orchestrated, I just can't fathom this.
edit on 8/13/2012 by Uniceft17 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join