It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hebrew Alphabet is based on the Star of David..

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Whatever makes you happy. I asked you for references to explain to me why these symbols are wrong as I explained them and you failed to. At most you drudged up some webpage likely written by a hardcore Christian extremist. I don't take that as 'proof' she is a harlot. However, since we were talking about the Gospel of Thomas earlier, I had this to include on that note.

(105) Jesus said, "He who knows the father and the mother will be called the son of a harlot."

www.gnosis.org...

Which the sun is the father & the moon is the mother.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Which means nothing to me. This is why I do not post links. The truth is subjective. Which just because someone else decides they don't believe, doesn't mean they can make up my mind for me thanks. I respect your 'warning' however, it has been ignored because I do not see the reasoning behind it. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I said hoaxer, you said ''harlot'', which means strumpet.

Seriously the more you say the less intelligent you look.

Furthermore if you were talking about a gospel of Thomas it wasn't to me, nor did I mention it.

Is there some kind of purpose to posting an image that shows no relevance to this thread.

Are you going to admit the OP is wrong, and are you going to add a link to where this idea was from?

Could it be that you are arguing about anything and everything because of your ego?

You are not worthy of my time, refrain from wasting it.
edit on 12-8-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It was reflective of the quote I was mentioning. Referring to her as a harlot, was a metaphor by the way. I wasn't saying that's what you said either. However, there have been people that did refer to her as such, and I merely used it as a metaphor, because apparently it can mean someone who portrays the same kind of immoral behavior as prostitution, such as lying.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

My ego? Lol, I'm not the one trying to convince people my ideaologies are absolute. So you might want to rephrase that one. Secondly, sure I'll show you where I saw it at.

www.truthcontrol.com...

I used to be a member of the forum; but they have fallen a long way and is only occupied by people who wish to be led by boogeymen. However, occasionally there are insightful posts, and some of the admins uploaded a few decent articles directly to the site compared to the forum.

I'm not worth your time; and you said I had ego problems. You might as well have proclaimed yourself to be an Aryan and myself a Jew.
edit on 12-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Trolling your own thread, accusing others of enforcing their ideologies when they didn't even mention them then not listening, misquoting, accusations, then when told that you were wasting my time, you basically called ma a nazi.

How very mature of you...not!

Don't bother replying.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I didn't call you a nazi....It was used as a metaphor to how you are trying to assert your 'dominance' and profess me to be some kind of inferior to you. Who's ego is really talking when you tell me not to bother replying, when this is my thread? If you don't like what I am posting and truly feel as if I am a waste or unworthy of your time, feel free to see your way to the little red 'X' in the top right hand corner of your page.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

So you called me a 'metaphorical' nazi and accused me of calling Blavatsky a 'metaphorical' harlot, you 'metaphorically' 'forgot' to mention where OP idea was from, then your excuse for making false claims in OP and thread title and the origins of the Hebrew alphabet and the scholarly studies of religions, and the origins of the Seal of Soloman and many other things as ''subjective''.

I guess the ''truth'' you are supposedly seeking in your avatar is a metaphorical subjective truth rather than the actual truth.

ATS doesn't need such threads. Remember DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Actually the word ignorance doesn't have much to do with stupidity at all. Can somebody who was never taught quantum physics be called an idiot? No, they are simply ignorant, or not knowing of that said subject material...To deny ignorance would be to learn the material rather than just calling a chicken a chicken because you don't know or have any information to glean such a declaration upon.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ignorance is a state of being uninformed(lack of knowledge) & Ignorance is distinguished from stupidity.

I never 'forgot' to mention anything so don't put words into my mouth please...I find it quite amazing how you accuse me of being such a bad and egotistical person, when you should see how you are acting. Arrogance isn't a blessing good sir. However, if you still feel as if I am far too inferior to be worth your time, please do feel free to exit stage left. I'm not twisting your arm. It doesn't make sense for you to waste your time does it? Move along nothing to see here?
edit on 12-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I would like to know how it's really a false claim if I can teach myself Hebrew with it? Pray do tell..

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Sure I can speak in metaphors, allegories and riddles; Religious texts the world over surely do.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This reminds me of an idea I had about the letter "L"

El is the name of a high god in Egyptian mythoglogy. I find it interesting that this name is also used for the english letter, and the symbol itself also indicates significance. The upper case L is a right angle, which is no doubt a significant shape in mathematics(trigonometry, Pythagoras), and also architecture. Most buildings and structures have a square or rectangular base.

Also, the cross is two L's touching at the corner, and the swastika is four L's. The right angle appears constantly in the highest of symbols used by political and religious institutions, and it's name in the alphabet is the same as the high god in ancient Egypt.

Also appears on the Masonic compass and square.

Coincidence?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I prefer the Talmud.

Can't tell if you're being caustic. But if sincere, I agree, the Talmud is a very interesting set of writings. It's logic is as rigorous as Plato or Aristotle and great for developing the logical mind. But Talmud is also aggada - homiletic writings, which appeals to the intuitional and nondescript aspect of our minds.

That's what I like about Judaism. It's 'two-fold' approach: halacha, law, or moral fixity, contrasted by the purely symbolic, esoteric and intuitive, honing and emphasizing the relationship between these two poles of reality, the objective and the subjective, the practical and the mystical. Establishing peace inwardly and outwardly.

Besides, if there is any accuracy to this post, anybody can easily learn Hebrew. After all, you already know it subconsciously.

I'm leery of assuming too much significance to Hebrew, although I would be lying if I didn't suspect at a very rudimentary and instinctual level that there is something extraordinary about the Hebrew language. It's numerological correspondences forces you to wonder how any mind could have designed this; It's one thing to have a definite set of grammatical rules, but quite another to see that despite cohering to those rules, Hebrew words correspond to one another through numerical formulas.

I'm sure you know about this, but I'll give an example. Echad - meaning one, has the same numerical value as Ahavah - love, 13. Which is to mean that Love is a manifestation of the concept of One, that they are both expressions of the same archetypal reality. Further, the number 13 could be seen geometrically as the unification of the 12 lines of a cube, with an imaginary point in the center uniting the 12 lines.

This is an obvious example hard to ignore. But, the deeper you probe the more amazing the correspondences seem. So much so that you begin to believe that every word with any numerical value expresses the particular quality of that value, and is fundamentally connected to every word with that value.

And of course, there's the sepher yeztirah which posits the Hebrew language as being the 'language of creation' - a medium by which the world was created, condensed and abbreviated into finite form as a language - and a script - spoken by human beings, creatures made in the image of it's Creator. The 3 different aspects to the Hebrew letter, it's shape, it's numerical value, and it's pronunciation, are correlated with the metaphysical categories of Time, Space and Soul (or consciousness), which are the 3 definite aspects of our experience of the world.

So, it's a very fascinating subject. It deserves more respect and investigation.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Further, the number 13 could be seen geometrically as the unification of the 12 lines of a cube, with an imaginary point in the center uniting the 12 lines.

A point in which the golden ratio grabs hold.

Infinity - The Sum of All Things Zero.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Funny that you mention this...

This is also another song of the band.

Then, the last one for now.

All of these have very significant esoteric and metaphysical implications. I won't go on a Tool spew at this time, I'll leave that up for you to decide research.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I'm very interested in learning Hebrew. Lately, I was wanting to read texts like the Zohar, so I can study Kabbalah, and the Sephiroth/Tree of Life. That was why when I saw this picture on another forum I thought I would get the opinions of others because I love learning stuff like that. Whether or not the creation of the language or symbol is in debate, I still consider it to be useful and truthful if I can use it to learn the alphabet and help further my intentions of studying.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Lately, I was wanting to read texts like the Zohar, so I can study Kabbalah, and the Sephiroth/Tree of Life.

Zohar is Aramaic, and the Aramaic is much too arcane for a laymen to get hold of.

Those who study Zohar - an abstruse enough book in translation - are rabbinical students i.e. people trained in aramaic (talmud is written in Aramaic), scholars of Jewish thinking and students of ancient languages. Everyone else only get's to try to learn a text such as the Zohar through mistranslations; I say mistranslation because there are concepts and ideas conveyed in the Aramaic that cannot be conveyed in translation. This again has to do with the mystical significance attributed to Hebrew, and to a lesser extent, to Aramaic.

Whether or not the creation of the language or symbol is in debate, I still consider it to be useful and truthful if I can use it to learn the alphabet and help further my intentions of studying.

It's worth studying. If you want to get a hang of Hebrew, just pick up a grammar book and buy a Tanach and read it a few times. By the 4th or 5th reading you should have a thorough knowledge of the vocabulary and grammar.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I do recall it being in Aramaic, however, there are some Hebrew translations. Personally, I think it would grant a better understanding and be easier to translate from Hebrew to Aramaic, than English to Aramaic.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

That may hold true for abstract unity, but we live in a world of concrete things.

Traditionally the physical world is symbolized by the cube. The Cubes 12 lines, or dimensions, would correlate with space, while the hidden unifying the 12 dimensions is the moment - time. 13 therefore perfectly demonstrates unity at the created level, as opposed to zero, which as said, deals with a completely different conception of the universe.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I would imagine that there isn't a big difference between the Hebrew and the Aramaic, but I do know it's preferred to be studied in Aramaic by scholars.

All I know is, with regard to Zohar, it is a very difficult book. The allegory is sometimes non-sensical. Without instruction, or someone to guide you through, it can be very time consuming...

But since it also speaks at an archetypal level, meaning can be conveyed via intuition. The problem however, as seen from the Orthodox Jewish viewpoint, is the subsequent interpretation. We all work from basic premises; if your premise, or root assumption, is incorrect, than your subsequent intuition will be tinged with your individual bias.

Therefore, when studying Zohar realize that it is a Jewish text, written by a Jewish mystic (whether that be the traditional Shimon Bar yYochai or Moses de Leon) and thus organized according to the spiritual logic of Judaism. Yes, it's highly mystical, but you are very off base if you happen to infer ideas heretical to Jewish thinking i.e. gnosticism, as the Sabbateans and Frankists did.

No other mysticism is as controversial as Jewish mysticism. This is why the Orthodox want a Jew to undergo study in Talmud before he embarks on the mystical tradition: so he doesn't get led astray by false interpretations.

I again don't claim that the Zohar is 'other-worldly', but I must admit that there is one statement in it that boggles my mind.

In the 600th year of the 6th millennium [1840 CE] the supernal gates of wisdom will be opened…

Assuming, at latest, that the Zohar was the creation of Moses De Leon (circa 1240ce), it is still a remarkable presage to guess the beginning of the industrial revolution 600 years before it actually arrived. I know of no other ancient work that makes so accurate and meaningful a prediction.
edit on 14-8-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join