It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola confirmed in Tanzania?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
WHO thinks they have it contained in Uganda after making a contact list of all involved with the the infected:

Joaquim Saweka, the WHO representative in Uganda, told reporters in the capital Kampala that everyone known to have had contact with Ebola victims has been isolated. Ugandan health officials have created an “Ebola contact list” with names of people who had even the slightest contact with those who contracted Ebola. The list now bears 176 names

www.thenational.ae...

They have a list......so all is good....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The scary thing is that Soviets apparently spent a lot of time and money locating Ebola strains and then working to make it even more virulent.
There are a few good books out there on the subject.

Richard Preston, author of 'The Hot Zone' has written several.

I've read The Hot Zone. SCARY AS $%^£

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by drbatstein

hopefully, it's not airborne ..

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Check again.
I believe there was a case of Reston ebolavirus (REBOV) in Virginia in which South American primates were infected by African primates which they had no physical contact with and it is still assumed in this case transmission was airborne.
I remember reading the article about this many many years ago and it made an impression on me because I found it strange that when airborne ebola was finally discovered it just happened to be (coincidently, of course), so close to Washington D.C.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
Check again.
I believe there was a case of Reston ebolavirus (REBOV) in Virginia in which South American primates were infected by African primates which they had no physical contact with and it is still assumed in this case transmission was airborne.
I remember reading the article about this many many years ago and it made an impression on me because I found it strange that when airborne ebola was finally discovered it just happened to be (coincidently, of course), so close to Washington D.C.

I have this book. Thank goodness it was just monkeys who caught it. We dodged a bullet there.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join