It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lakewood (Colorado) Cake Shop Refuses Wedding Cake To Gay Couple.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I guess its a good think this bakery wasn't in California

The Unruh Civil Rights Act is a piece of California legislation that specifically outlaws discrimination based on age, sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, marital status, or sexual orientation. This law applies to all businesses, including but not limited to hotels and motel, restaurants, theaters, hospitals, barber and beauty shops, housing accommodations, and retail establishments. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I see one flaw already. But there is still a chance it can be voted down. Lets keep or fingers crossed for freedom!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by Annee

I see one flaw already. But there is still a chance it can be voted down. Lets keep or fingers crossed for freedom!

This law was enacted in 1959

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I guess its a good think this bakery wasn't in California

The Unruh Civil Rights Act is a piece of California legislation that specifically outlaws discrimination based on age, sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, marital status, or sexual orientation. This law applies to all businesses, including but not limited to hotels and motel, restaurants, theaters, hospitals, barber and beauty shops, housing accommodations, and retail establishments. en.wikipedia.org...

Yea.. California is known for its discretion

Folsom Street Fair

Every year in San Francisco there's a free outdoor "fetish" event called the Folsom Street Fair at which hundreds of thousands of mostly gay men stroll around the city streets in leather or rubber fetish outfits. This year, a major controversy surrounding the fair was ignited by its official poster, which was a parody of the Da Vinci's The Last Supper featuring sex toys and fetish gear, instead of the standard biblical scene. Christian groups and some conservatives found the poster offensive. The controversy then spread when critics discovered that Miller Beer, a mainstream corporation, was the fair's main sponsor. Conservative groups began to call for a boycott of Miller products if the beverage company did not withdraw its sponsorship. The fracas expanded when images of young children attending the 2005 Folsom Street Fair -- illustrations for an online magazine article -- began circulating in the blogosphere..

edit on 2-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Every day I thank the Universe my parents had the intelligent foresight to leave OHIO - - - before I was born - - - in CALIFORNIA.

Nothing better then growing up in an non-prejudice environment of acceptance.

YAY

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Every day I thank the Universe my parents had the intelligent foresight to leave OHIO - - - before I was born - - - in CALIFORNIA.

Nothing better then growing up in an non-prejudice environment of acceptance.

YAY

Yea, Annee is either gay,bi or whatever... that explains its fanaticism

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Your posts don't make much sense. Failed personal attacks man. Give it up.

You don't have to be gay to support gay rights. Crazy eh? Well many heterosexual people do support equality that includes gays.

Posted by Annee:

my parents had the intelligent foresight to leave OHIO - - - before I was born - - - in CALIFORNIA.

Not all areas of CA.

I am in Sacramento, and it's a mix.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Sorry it took so long to reply I am at work and my phone was dying. Being on the phone could also cause me to miss a question if I do please bear with me.

I am not aware of a religion that preaches against a race I would be interested to know if there is one. I know as far as the church I attend and our understanding of the Bible there is not an issue with race. As far as I am aware most religions only have an issue (if they have one) with those who are not a part of the flock.

If we are to work together on solving this issue though we have to have each side working toward a solution. If neither side will budge nothing will get solved and we will be stuck in a revolving door.

The only possible way to get through this where the majority of both sides are happy is just to have a government acknowledged union and then a religious one as well. Like I mention in a past post those I know are against the idea of the use of the term marriage because they view it as a religious term and they themselves are interested in the same sex. My wife though while not completely interested (she is at the very least bisexual) believe the same. In fact it was because of my disscusion with them that I came to the idea I have.

Raist

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Catching what I missed in the other post.

I see your point about the beliefs a d the rape murder thing but we have strict laws on those.

And while it might seem harsh the only problem this caused this couple was a bit of inconvenience. In today's society of greed there are many others willing to take their money are provide service for them.

When I brought up the bar baning bacheloret parties annee said the complaints were that they disturbed others. If that is okay then a business aslo has the right to ban those with various mental issues because they may disturb others. I am not saying I agree with it but that could be an arguement used.

Raist

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

I am very straight.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Mixed what?

I'm in Los Angeles County - - not too far from Hollywood - - at the beach.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I am very straight.

Cool, wanna hook up

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

When I brought up the bar baning bacheloret parties annee said the complaints were that they disturbed others. If that is okay then a business aslo has the right to ban those with various mental issues because they may disturb others.

Let's get this straight. I said the women were obnoxious and regulars complained. It's a gay bar. Gay's are not "pets" for drunken straight women. Women are not banned from the club. Only the bachelorette parties.

The entertainment industry is not the same as a service industry providing a specific product.

Entertainment is the product. If something is causing distress to your product - - you make changes.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I am very straight.

Cool, wanna hook up

Already taken care of by young stud hubby - 21 years younger.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Mixed what?

I'm in Los Angeles County - - not too far from Hollywood - - at the beach.

An unfortunate mix of acceptance and non-acceptance towards LGBT.

Near the beach. I am jealous

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I am very straight.

Cool, wanna hook up

Already taken care of by young stud hubby - 21 years younger.

Aww..I can hear the hearts breakin

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Seriously.

Can you try and add some intelligence to this thread.

ATS holds a standard. Try and raise the bar not bring it down.

Catching what I missed in the other post.

Doing the same! Hope I get to it tonight

edit on 2-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You do not want to talk about this remember?

I never said they were pets. Show me where I said anything like that. I also clearly said bacheloret parties not women. Though the one bar does ban women after a certain time. If you bothered to read the links you would know this. The cases are very similar.

But since you bring it up if it causes distress and should be removed so could wedding cakes for gay couples. Gay bar or not last I checked they served the public.

Raist

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

You do not want to talk about this remember?

You "quoted" me wrong.

I never said they were pets.

Never said you did. It's what one of the call-ins said on OutQ radio.

you bring it up if it causes distress and should be removed so could wedding cakes for gay couples

It is not the same - - no matter how much you try to make it be the same.

Cake is the product. It is inanimate. The baker is not the product.

In a bar - - the people are part of the product. Promotional activities are used to keep the product (people) happy. If they aren't working - - then changes need to be made.

Don't care if one gay bar kicked women out at a certain time. Its the same thing.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Again you do not want to talk about it so please let it go.

Your agrument about the cake and people make no sense. The bar serves a product to people who it refuses to serve. Just the same as the Baker refused to serve other people cake. The product is what is served to people. The owners of both refused service.

At this point you and I should just agree not to respond to one another.

Raist

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join