It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think more and more people are at their breaking point. It is only going to get worse before it g

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Life is full of stressful events and a multitude of stresses are constantly working on everybody. These stresses accumulate.

There are health issues, like say a bad tooth, that affects what you can eat and makes you less healthy, then that is made worse by having to work extra hours to afford the dentist because you have no dental coverage and more financial problems when you're just getting by. Now add in the fact that you haven't taken a vacation in close to ten years, nothing is happening in the bedroom and things at work aren't getting better, etc.

You get the idea. This will add up in everyone as their situation worsens. People get desperate and commit more crimes. Corruption in all areas of society goes up. Prices go up as wages stagnate or go down adding fuel to the fire. The fact that anyone goes postal shows we are reaching a breaking point.

On a personal note, the crime rate in my rural area is up and people have been losing it on a regular basis. We've been having a lot more crime and crazy behavior lately at the campground I work at and I expect worse to start happening there every weekend. This is while the campers are trying to forget their troubles and have a good time.
edit on 31-7-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For clairity

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yes i know

One big illusion
but each days are important until the clock ends

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
An interesting side effect of all this semi-connectedness is that I see more and more of my friends having stupid affairs. People forget -- there's probably a really good reason why you didn't stay in touch with that oh-so-irresistable jock from high school. Just because you can find him on FB doesn't mean you should.

Another thing that I noticed here in downturned corporate America is a rise in the percentage of *not-so-nice* people in the workplace. My pet theory is that all the liars, cheats, abusers, etc. tend to hold onto the jobs in the short run because they're not averse to behaving badly in order to keep them. In the long run, it will sort itself out, but it's hard to watch good people struggling while the nasty ones get away with so much.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm sorry OP, and I'm with you.
You are quite right about everything you posted IMO.
We are fried as a people. Constant communication !
No wonder people text instead of call.
People say Americans are lazy but they are worked to death.
Bill Maher had a stat that Americans have less days off than Chinese
factory workers. (Chinese workers get 10 paid days a year)
I think Americans take 6 unpaid on average?

Eventually we are gonna lose it. Not just Occupy or The 99%
Everybody. Financial institutions are sitting on our bail out tax dollars .
Then demand tough applications for loans. I'd like for them to apply
to us. 2009 isn't gonna look too good on their application.
Predatory practices, financial ruin from healthcare costs,
and then the gaul to say regulating them is wrong.
We've had it. And it's going to surprise them how much we've had it.

And yet Corps are having their most profitable years lately.
EXXON makes 10-12 billion every 3 months in profit?
To put that in perspective, the budget shortfall for the entire year in Wisconsin was 1 billion.
Thousands of factory workers teachers & firefighters lost benefits, wages and jobs in Wisconsin
because Gov Walker gave that billion dollars to Corps as tax cuts.
Nice huh?

Billionaires are looking tastier and tastier, everyday, world wide.
edit on 31-7-2012 by sealing because: Sp

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
www.pawnation.com... %3D186508#page=1

top topics

<< 1   >>

join