It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible wooly mammoth spotted in Siberia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

He filmed the elephant-sized creature as it struggled against the racing water.

Its hair matches samples recovered from mammoth remains regularly dug up from the permafrost in frozen Russia.

The official was reportedly in the area surveying for a planned road.

Paranormal writer Michael Cohen said: “Rumours of a handful of mammoths still kicking around in the vast wilderness of Siberia have been circulating for decades and occasionally sightings by locals have occurred.

"Siberia is an enormous territory and much of it remains completely unexplored and untouched by humans. “

source

It looks like a mammoth to me. The idea of one being alive and well in Siberia also sounds plausible according to the article. What do you guys think? Wooly mammoth or guy in a suit?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is old news. The date on the article is February 2012, it was covered on ATS back then.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hoax bin, bear with a fish.

link   
Snufalufagus done went extinct..... Pretty sure its been said to be a bear with a fish...

link   

edit on 30-7-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

It's a bear with a fish in his mouth.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
No. This is old. And it is also a hoax.

I believe it's a bear, with a fish in it's mouth.

Sorry.

Better luck next time.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

I believe the general consensus was that it's a bear carrying a fish.

Then again, there were also reports of copyright infringement or some such by a Mr. Lou Petho who alleged that the film - taken from a supposedly very remote location in Siberia - was originally filmed by himself and then modified or otherwise co-opted for profit.

Here's a HuffPo article to get you started on the video dispute.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
To me it doesn't look like a wooly mammoth as we know them?
Google the animal and you see all Images show two huge tusks coming up way over the head, this creature has no such tusks.
Elephant, bear with a fish?
Just doesn't look like a mammoth to me, plus what is with people unable to film a clear bit of footage FFS? Unless people are using 10+ year old tech, pretty much any modern camera or phone can capture good quality film, more often than not HD quality, yet all we ever get is grainy unclear footage, it's so frustrating
edit on 30-7-2012 by facchino because: Just read about 6 replies posted after I submitted mine - ok it's a bear with a fish

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Snufalufagus done went extinct..... Pretty sure its been said to be a bear with a fish...

I disagree.
I think it's a fish holding a bear.
The video stops just before the smackdown begins.

Kapow!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Old news and depressing at that. I looked at this post because I was hoping for follow-up on a much older collection of stories that had some teeth to them, cryptozoo-oscity.blogspot.com... . But alas, it was nothing of the sort.

People have seen these things over the centuries, and it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility that a relic population exists.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Seeing that this was covered here and a proven hoax...

Thread closed.

join