It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not your average E.T. proof - better than visuals if true

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Didn't found anything on ATS so I thought I should share. Don't just say Hoax, please debunk with reason.

I stumbled upon this as I was watching an old Erich von Däniken documentary series called "auf den spuren der allmächtigen" ("on the tracks of the allmighty ones')

This is the story of "Mr. Wolfe+585, Senior" who appeared in all editions of the Guinness Book of World Records from 1975 to 1985 as having the longest personal name. the "+585"
he got by local authorities because of the need of XXXXL identification papers i guess.

Pretty unusual so far, ok. Now it gets really weird. He is a german immigrant who settled in the U.S., so his last name is german. Old german to be precise, as it seems to be telling a story!

Here it is the original german version (partial):

Wolfeschlegelstein­hausenbergerdorffvoralternwarengewissenhaftschaferswessenschafewarenwohlgepflegeundsorgfaltigkeit
beschutzenvonangreifendurchihrraubgierigfeindewelchevoralternzwolftausendjahresvorandieerscheinenwander
ersteerdemenschderraumschiffgebrauchlichtalsseinursprungvonkraftgestartseinlangefahrt­hinzwischensternartigraumaufdersuchenachdiesternwelchegehabtbew ohnbarplanetenkreisedrehensichundwohinderneurassevonverstandigmenschlichkeitkonntefortplanzenundsicherfreuenanlebenslanglichfreudeundruhemitnichteinfu rchtvorangreifenvonandererintelligentgeschopfsvonhinzwischen­sternartigraum

And a rough modern translation:

The Museum of Hoaxes, which says the 590-letter name "seems to be true", provides a translation by Charles Haberl; it treats Steinhausen as a separate geographical name and continues, "Who before ages were conscientious shepherds whose sheep were well tended and diligently protected against attackers who by their rapacity were enemies who 12,000 years ago appeared from the stars to the humans by spaceships with light as an origin of power, started a long voyage within starlike space in search for the star which has habitable planets orbiting and whither the new race of reasonable humanity could thrive and enjoy lifelong happiness and tranquility without fear of attack from other intelligent creatures from within starlike space"

I can assure you that this name contains the words "twelvethousandyears" "firsthuman" "habitableplanets" "space ships powered by light" and more.
Again, it could very well all be a big fake, but what is the best way to transport a message through hundreds of generations within a family?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hmmm interesting.

Originally posted by easy12

I can assure you that this name contains the words "twelvethousandyears" "firsthuman" "habitableplanets" "space ships powered by light" and more.
Again, it could very well all be a big fake, but what is the best way to transport a message through hundreds of generations within a family?

So go on then, assure me that you have translated those words from the Old Germanic name....

I'd like to see other sources other than wikipedia, before I research this more. Anybody can write anything on wikipedia, the article or links at the bottom lead to nothing. There is no proof that the doctor has translated the name from old German, just complete 'hear say'.

How old is the name? Has anybody researched his genealogy, is the name old and inherited, or has he simply given himself the name, using Old Germanic? How far does this name go back?

Looking at his 'other' names, I have to say I am very suspicious. I think the guy gave himself the name(s) simply wanting the longest name in the world. The rest of the 'translation', well, dubious is the very best I could think of, to describe it's authenticity.

I'm really looking forward to your translation, I'd like to see it in it's entirety...

edit on 30-7-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by easy12

Sounds cool, but, who held the record for the longest name before 1975?

Further, if this is the only guy with that name, what happened to his parents? Grandparents?
What to the headstones/grave markers of his family say?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

how about my mother's tongue is german, and old german is like old english for an english speaking person?

Also I tried to put it as careful as possible. I dont want to proof it, I just wanna know the truth like all (most) of us.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by easy12

I'd like to see Google translator solve this one!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sinny, why on earth did you post those pictures in this thread? Was it a mistake, or did you simply mis-read what this thread is about? Those pictures have exactly zero relevance to the thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

how about my mother's tongue is german, and old german is like old english for an english speaking person?

Also I tried to put it as careful as possible. I dont want to proof it, I just wanna know the truth like all (most) of us.

Ok, well go on then, I am still waiting on your translation. I'd like the full version, not the half quoted version as featured in your OP and wiki article.

I'd like you to point out the specific words you mentioned in your OP, that you 'assure us' are in the name.

Oh, i'm still waiting btw....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by easy12

On topic, I cannot not find any additional info on this guy apart from the fact his father jotted his name down on an envelope...

We need to find his dad, if he's not already parted with us.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

As my post said, simply beacuse I can, also the translation talks of star visitors, and my orb offers some little proof of out-of-the-norm-craft... also, having no more info on the subject at hand, the converstion may dry up soon, I just gave it a little bump....

That okay with you?

I'd rather be chastised by the OP, and edit appropriatley then.

And if the OPs translation bothers you so much... Go do your own translation.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Different sources say different things.

This Source says nothing about travelling from the stars or anything like that.

He also goes by "Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff" which, in German, means something like "wolf slayer from the stone house in the mountain village".

edit on 30-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by easy12

Erich von Däniken...

Des

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by easy12

Tombstone for these guys must've required monoliths...

The name may be long, and it may well be for an actual person, but it surely ain't old. Considering relatively short history of Germanic tribes (arrived to Europe only 2000+ years ago), and surely did not have writing those days - I doubt this name won't stand for its claimed 12,000 age.

Had it been Celtic or Finnish (both original ice-agians in the region) then chances might've improved. But even their names run short, and are easier to memorize than the +585...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
okok just one example :

raumschiffgebrauchlichtalsseinursprung

raumschiff = starship
gebrauch = uses
licht = light
als = as
sein = its
ursprung = source
edit on 30-7-2012 by easy12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.g-webs.com...:Articles_for_deletion/Wolfe%2B585,_Senior

Older wiki entry, thought to be a hoax, apart from the world record entry

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

As my post said, simply beacuse I can, also the translation talks of star visitors, and my orb offers some little proof of out-of-the-norm-craft... also, having no more info on the subject at hand, the converstion may dry up soon, I just gave it a little bump....

That okay with you?

I'd rather be chastised by the OP, and edit appropriatley then.

And if the OPs translation bothers you so much... Go do your own translation.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

"Simply because you can"? Great logic, and I think you need to be acquainted with the rules of ATS.

As for the "Go do your own translation" part. I am not the one claiming the name says any such thing. The WHOLE basis of this thread hinges upon that 'translation'. As far as I know, that wasn't the op's translation, just what gleaned from the wiki article. I'm still waiting anxiously for the OP's translation....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

okok just one example :

raumschiffgebrauchlichtalsseinursprung

raumschiff = starship
gebrauch = uses
licht = light
als = as
sein = its
ursprung = source
edit on 30-7-2012 by easy12 because: (no reason given)

Excellent! So how many of those words you have translated so far, are in fact Old Germanic? I see lots of modern Germanic Words there....

This is old germanic:

"Swêbōlándám Háttōlándám Rugōlándám Silêngōlándám Bástárnōlándám Kimbriōlándám"

Can you translate those individual words for me please? Should be quite simple.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Listen, my intention was to bring the story to ATS's attention, where one can find bright heads, and very good detectives. Hoped someone would have heard of that before.

I never claimed it was true nor that i'm a professional linguist. If an english speaking person would ask me, I'd say this translation of the important part of the name is pretty ok.

Don't have to translate these hieroglyphs, as last names were given on verbally for lots of generations here.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by easy12

Perhaps you should think twice about assuring people next time, unless you are purposely trying to obfuscate the situation.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. Ok let me tell you this. More than half of the Germanic words in that 'Old Germanic' name, didn't exist in Old Germanic. Important ones too such as 'ship'. They had a word as close to boat as you can get, but not for ship. WHat we have a case of here is alot of modern Germanic words, written in a form that is like Old Germanic, but in and of itself is not Old Germanic.

There is no old Germanic for Ship. So therefore we can deduce, that these words were added after (if we are supposing that the name is from a long, old lineage, and not just made up). If that word has been added, how many others have? If others have, we have to question the validity of the content and information, supposedly given to us to tell a story.

The name is also unlike any Old Germanic I have seen. Here are some examples of Old Germanic names:

Bálthákwêsiz - Brave Axe.
Blithágáizáz - Happy Spear
Glōaugiz - Glow Eye
Hrábnágástiz - Raven Guest.

If you are interested in what the Old Germanic I used in the post above meant, it was simply the lands and names of some of the tribes that inhabited Germany in Ancient times(pre Roman).

e.g Swebo Lands or Lands of the Swebo.

So in conclusion, given there is no lineage to research, and the added fact that modern Germanic words were added into the name, we have to assume that this name is completely bogus, and the whole thing a hoax.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Sounds plausible.

the assuring remains as "raumschiff" still means "starship" and so on

the whole thing is still more creative than a blurry 240p blinking thingie

<<   2 >>

join