It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seamonster in Norway caught on video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
A 17 year old girl caught this on video, what could be the seamonster "Selma", in "Seljordsvannet" in Norway.

The video shows a very long object in the water, which has about 40 to 50 humps on it. The seamonster in Seljordsvannet has previously attracted both Discovery and the BBC.

Please use your favourite translator Link

I think the video is real, and there is definately something strange in the water.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Great video of a boat wake moving across a glass lake.....Nothing to see here for real....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Themaninwhite

It looks like. You can see what some might describe as spines on the seamonsters back.

I would describe it as a pod of orca swimming in formation to corral the fish together at the shore for an easy meal. But that is just my very opinionated opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
waves i agree

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Themaninwhite
I think the video is real, and there is definately something strange in the water.

The video is real. The question is what did she capture on film?
Boat wake or something traveling along submerged?

The problem I have with these types of videos is that all too often the person recording them will zoom in [Which is good ] to try and get a close up of what it might be. The issue there is that the viewer losses perspective. We have nothing to really compare it to.

For example. We see a wake but is it just a boat wake? Is it really moving or just some disturbance in the water? Also, we lose scale. How large was it compared to something in the background? Say a tree or shore bolder etc etc.

I wish it was a creature but I'm going with either a boat wake or the result of wind.

edit on 28-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't think the video is enough to tell exactly what it was.

But I don't think it was a boat wake. If you look quickly at the beginning of the video there is only one boat in the area. From what I saw, the boat was too far away from the anomaly and moving too slow for it to be the cause of this.

I'm no expert though.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I don't think the video is enough to tell exactly what it was

A colleague of mine lives about 500 meters from where that video vas recorded, he and other people living in the area claims that they have seen something very big in that lake several times over the years.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think this pic shows the humps

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The people in the background sounded very excited so I believe that they saw something.
To me it looks like someone caught a fishing net and was dragging it in.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The thing that always gets me about these videos is that you never see the head of the "monster". If an animal like that is swimming close to the surface you would think SOMEONE would see the head rise up.

When an alligator or a crocodile is at the surface, its head is there too. Why would this animal be swimming with parts of its body out of the water and no sign of its head at all? Is it swimming diagonally?

Makes no sense, and that's why I believe that 99.9% of these cases are misidentification.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
i don't know how some of you can say boat wake or wave. it's pretty clear to me when viewing the video there is actually something under the water, you can watch it move. it's black and you can see it create small waves. what it is i have no idea, but whatever it is the parts that reach the surface submerge in sequence.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There is something in the water of that video.
At the beginning of the vid,when it is zoomed out,all is calm around it.
When zooms in,you can clearly see a dark object under the water with the"humps" slightly sticking out of the water creating a sort of white spray of water and wake.

What that object is ,I don't know.

It could be a net with buoys on it causing the separated pattern,but there is no boat wake before it.

A pod of whales ,well could be,but I would think the fin would show more.

Would be nice if the video was longer.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Y didnt the idiots throw a rock or somethin in the water....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I don't think the video is enough to tell exactly what it was.

But I don't think it was a boat wake. If you look quickly at the beginning of the video there is only one boat in the area. From what I saw, the boat was too far away from the anomaly and moving too slow for it to be the cause of this.

I'm no expert though.

Me neither. The first thing that came to mind was a string of small buoys being pulled by a rope underwater. I dunno?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Weather balloons that have been dragged underwater, pushed by swamp gas, or bigfoot pulling in his fishing net.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
didn't look like a boat wave to me there was something breaking the surface

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The problem I have with these types of videos is that all too often the person recording them will zoom in [Which is good ] to try and get a close up of what it might be. The issue there is that the viewer losses perspective. We have nothing to really compare it to.

For example. We see a wake but is it just a boat wake? Is it really moving or just some disturbance in the water? Also, we lose scale. How large was it compared to something in the background? Say a tree or shore bolder etc etc.

I wish it was a creature but I'm going with either a boat wake or the result of wind.

Slayer.

Does this REALLY look like a boat wake to you?

I'll gladly go with large snake, and at the very mundane a rope.

But it's pretty clear that there is something submerged from the water.

Are my eyes deceiving me? I cannot in any way see how this could just be a wake / ripple in the water.

Some snakes, when hunting, barely submerge themselves in the water. Like a snorkeler. They can hold their breath for 30 minutes and beyond.

I just think it is a little too "easy" to write off these people's experience as a ripple in the water.

edit on 28-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Slayer.

Does this REALLY look like a boat wake to you?

I'll gladly go with large snake, and at the very mundane a rope.

But it's pretty clear that there is something submerged from the water.

Are my eyes deceiving me? I cannot in any way see how this could just be a wake / ripple in the water.

Some snakes, when hunting, barely submerge themselves in the water. Like a snorkeler. They can hold their breath for 30 minutes and beyond.

I just think it is a little too "easy" to write off these people's experience as a ripple in the water.

edit on 28-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

I highly doubt its a large snake of any kind as its Norway, what possible large snakers are in Norway?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The kind that are capable of surviving there - possibly bred in captivity and released by someone either on accident or on purpose.

And that's merely an easy excuse.

"It sure feels like a snake to me." Said one of the blind mice holding the trunk of the elephant.

I don't know what it is, because I wasn't on the boat (to jump in and slay it, of course).

Just watching the video several times, it reminds me of all those times I have seen large snakes in rivers/lakes. Looks like a wake in the water, which it is, that a snake is creating.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join