It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

worldwind - places of interest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
try reinstalling the program again - might fix it

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hey, I'm downloading it, I'll have a look. This file is honkin' huge though. In the mean time, could you maybe describe what you saw to us? So maybe we know what to look for?

Are there any maps or extra things I need to download to make this work?
(nvm, the search method wasn't working. I had to manually zoom in to find Las Vegas)

[edit on 11/1/2004 by Josh Man]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
its a huge area above las vegas with a line of triangles & a grid shaped pattern underneath (also not sure what the odd white things on either side of it are) - it just look very strange & must cover a large area & im stumped as to what it could be.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure I see what you guys see. I don't see any triangle shapes. I see this like canyon/riviere type area if thats what you mean?

I saved a screenshot of it... someone tell me how to upload an image on my HDD to this post, and I'll do that. Do I have to put it on a website, or is there a way to link it right from my HDD to this site?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
latitude = 36.30203
longitude = -115.0937
altitude = 10,026.73

look around those co-ordinates & you will see it

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i found a pic of the area on terraserver here -

terraserver-usa.com...

so does anyone know what this area is?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
thats a wield picture. i have no idea what it is.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hi

I'm new here but that "appears" to be part of nellis AFB. When I typed Nellis Air force base into terra server I got almost exactly that same view. Very weird tho whatever it is.

Lil

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Then what the hell is this

terraserver.microsoft.com... 43708&W=3&opt=0&qs=Las+vegas%7c%7cNevada%7c&addr=Las+Vegas+Blvd+S%2c+Las+Vegas%2c+NV+89104&Lon=-115.122473&Lat=34.14599295

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
its not nellis afb as that has many buildings & even planes on the runway there (eg terraserver.microsoft.com...) & on this area there are hardly any buldings to be seen. it seems more to be etched onto the landscape. its also further north than nellis afb is.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by justyc]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Shrug, I'm not really disagreeing that it is interesting and unusal, just trying to point out a possible explanation. Can't just look at the *fun* possibilties right? We need to look at them all. Maybe the reason I got that whole area when I typed Nellis afb into it is because thats all part of it.

I live near Edwards AFB and Plant 42/skunkworks in Cali and the facilities go for miles and miles (eg fenced with *govt property no tresspassing signs) around the actual buildings.

It wouldn't suprise me if that was *part* of nellis, or used to be. Who knows what it is or was. I still think its very cool, I just think it probably is not anything mysterious(altho that would be much more entertaining
)given the fact it's so close to Vegas and all.

Have you looked at these 2 things near the triangles?
This one if you look at the bottom it is *cut off* like it was covered by a blank square White line

And this one in the hills to the left of the triangles is wierd too. A road? A landing stip(on the side of a hill/small mtn? hrmm

Second Line

Anyway, I do believe the govt has agendas and does strange things, I'm just not one to brush off *possible* rational explanations in favor of thinking everything is a conspiracy. Altho I do think conspiracies are out there

Lil

**edit** heres another one right in the middle of the *grid* under the triangles Building? Weird

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Lilroanie]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
it may well be or has been part of nellis, but i think if it was it would have more signs of buildings or if its a disused old part, the buildings must have been removed rather than just abandoned. it also doesnt appear to have a runway as an airbase would have had - just my observations anyway.

did u notice the black 'thing' on that 'runway/road' in the mountains?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Just found this

The Nellis complex is huge. Apart from the 11,300 acres that make up the three sections of the main base, there are almost 5,000 square miles of restricted ranges to the north of Las Vegas over which the majority of some 40,000 sorties a year are flown

From this Link

I definately think its part of Nellis
Bummer, good find tho let's keep looking hehe I'm having fun with Terra-server

Lil
**edit** oops just saw your reply, yeah I did, could be a shadow of a building or the mouth of a tunnel?? its very weird hehe keep looking, I am

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Lilroanie]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
ok, so if we assume that it is part of nellis... what on earth is it used for? especially those trinagular shapes, the grid & the lack of runway. not forgetting the white lines, their strange shape & why they end so abruptly

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here is another Linkdescribing what they do. Seems to be for target practice and training. I'm goin to see what else I can find, this is fun

Zoom in on the black dots in the middle there, explosion marks?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
could be. i thought they were trees at first. sure is a wierd looking area though

<< 1   >>

join